wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
My stock broker Rating
obiero
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:37:35 PM

AA have been my broker on all regional exchanges in which I have held stock.. NSE, USE, RSE.. Very helpful all the time, working systems and with extremely beautiful servants

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
guru267
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:38:16 PM

murchr wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Definitely Dyer and Blair. They do not have any disruptions to their online platform these days plus the ease of funding your account by MPESA makes it quite convenient for us diaspora investors.

The Dyer&Blair tool is good, not upto standard but fair enough. However, if for example you have not traded for 6months and you happen to be abroad you will be locked out and asked to prove your source of funds before trading. Now the back and forth in this verification is a headache everyone wants to protect their information but D&B does not guarantee that. As an example, they want you to send these docs to some email why not facilitate the uploading of the same? Well...

I wonder how if mama mboga deals with them.

Then the server is almost always out. Customer service is often non responsive and when they do they are very generic and not helpful.

Advise from a user.....shop around until Jimnah pulls up his socks.

I haven't experienced anything you're talking about.

I am in the diaspora and when my account became inactive all I had to do was complete a reactivation form and send to their email. Nothing about source of funds.

They are very responsive whenever I raise an issue and over the last one year I do not remember a day that the system was down without prior notice and I trade practically every day.

Jimnah has already stepped up his game in my opinion
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
murchr
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:34:13 PM

guru267 wrote:
murchr wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Definitely Dyer and Blair. They do not have any disruptions to their online platform these days plus the ease of funding your account by MPESA makes it quite convenient for us diaspora investors.

The Dyer&Blair tool is good, not upto standard but fair enough. However, if for example you have not traded for 6months and you happen to be abroad you will be locked out and asked to prove your source of funds before trading. Now the back and forth in this verification is a headache everyone wants to protect their information but D&B does not guarantee that. As an example, they want you to send these docs to some email why not facilitate the uploading of the same? Well...

Then the server is almost always out. Customer service is often non responsive and when they do they are very generic and not helpful.

I haven't experienced anything you're talking about.

I am in the diaspora and when my account became inactive all I had to do was complete a reactivation form and send to their email. Nothing about source of funds.

They are very responsive whenever I raise an issue and over the last one year I do not remember a day that the system was down without prior notice and I trade practically every day.

Jimnah has already stepped up his game in my opinion

When was that? Try going inactive in 2019
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#24 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:37:40 PM

obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Balaa wrote:
murchr wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Customer service is definitely the difference maker. Used to be with D&B until I ditched them in 2013 for lack of responsiveness and repeatedly being bought for shares that I'd never ordered. Moved on to NIC Securities and was allocated a very responsive so-called wealth manager until she left in 2018. Her successor's service is terrible to say the least, and I wonder whether it's worthwhile shopping around as these brokers also do change employers fairly frequently. Another problem I've experienced when changing brokers is with the migration of my portfolio. For example, when I migrated from D&B to NIC, the latter did not recognise the share acquisition cost and it ended up distorting my subsequent ABP. Very unprofessional as I have to maintain supplmentary records to ensure accurate record keeping. What to do?

You need to maintain your own ABP records. Your money belongs to you and not your broker roho safi smile

It's like expecting an agent to set the rental price.. How much do you rent the units? Let me ask my agent.. 😁😁

The system should have the buying price for it to pass the efficiency test. Currently, any stock bought before 2011 has no BP and from balaa's post it clearly shows that CDSC does not pass that data to your new broker. That is inefficiency.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Balaa
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 7:45:52 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Balaa wrote:
murchr wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Customer service is definitely the difference maker. Used to be with D&B until I ditched them in 2013 for lack of responsiveness and repeatedly being bought for shares that I'd never ordered. Moved on to NIC Securities and was allocated a very responsive so-called wealth manager until she left in 2018. Her successor's service is terrible to say the least, and I wonder whether it's worthwhile shopping around as these brokers also do change employers fairly frequently. Another problem I've experienced when changing brokers is with the migration of my portfolio. For example, when I migrated from D&B to NIC, the latter did not recognise the share acquisition cost and it ended up distorting my subsequent ABP. Very unprofessional as I have to maintain supplmentary records to ensure accurate record keeping. What to do?

You need to maintain your own ABP records. Your money belongs to you and not your broker roho safi smile

It's like expecting an agent to set the rental price.. How much do you rent the units? Let me ask my agent.. 😁😁

The system should have the buying price for it to pass the efficiency test. Currently, any stock bought before 2011 has no BP and from balaa's post it clearly shows that CDSC does not pass that data to your new broker. That is inefficiency.

Well said @murchr. (And ah yes, as a guy who professionally works with numbers - for the last 20+ years- I always kept my records)
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
obiero
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:14:02 PM

Balaa wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Balaa wrote:
murchr wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Well said @murchr. (And ah yes, as a guy who professionally works with numbers - for the last 20+ years- I always kept my records)

Keeping your numbers and soft copy of contract notes is key for your own good as well as defense when the tax man calls

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
cyruskulei
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:37:31 AM

cyruskulei wrote:
Of the list below of our stock brokers, which one would you rate the best and worst in terms of customer care and support, execution of orders (online/offline), etc

Stock brokers List

1. Suntra Investment Bank Ltd
2.Sterling Capital Ltd
3.Renaissance Capital (Kenya) Ltd
4.SBG Securities Ltd
5.Securities Africa Kenya Limited
6.Standard Investment Bank Ltd
7.Faida Investment Bank Ltd
8.Francis Drummond & Company Limited
9.Genghis Capital Ltd
10.KCB Capital
11.Kestrel Capital (EA) Limited
12.Kingdom Securities Ltd
13.Ngenye Kariuki & Co. Ltd. ( Und
er Statutory Management)
14.NIC Securities Limited
15.Old Mutual Securities Ltd
16.ABC Capital Ltd
17.African Alliance Securities
18.AIB CAPITAL LTD
19.ApexAfrica Capital Ltd
20.Barclays Financial Services Limited
21.CBA Capital Limited
22.Dyer & Blair Investment Bank Ltd

Of the above list, has anyone here dealt with Kingdom securities and whats your take on them. I seem to be inclined to them though not sure.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Angelica _ann
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:14:13 AM

cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
Of the list below of our stock brokers, which one would you rate the best and worst in terms of customer care and support, execution of orders (online/offline), etc

Stock brokers List

2.Sterling Capital Ltd
4.SBG Securities Ltd
9.Genghis Capital Ltd
10.KCB Capital
er Statutory Management)
16.ABC Capital Ltd
18.AIB CAPITAL LTD
21.CBA Capital Limited

Of the above list, has anyone here dealt with Kingdom securities and whats your take on them. I seem to be inclined to them though not sure.

Nightmare in terms of turn around time and sorting out your issues. Systems is another story for another day.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
cyruskulei
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:37:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Stock brokers List

2.Sterling Capital Ltd
4.SBG Securities Ltd
9.Genghis Capital Ltd
10.KCB Capital
er Statutory Management)
16.ABC Capital Ltd
18.AIB CAPITAL LTD
21.CBA Capital Limited

Nightmare in terms of turn around time and sorting out your issues. Systems is another story for another day.

Thanks for your input.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Thornbird
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:36:23 PM

Please avoid Kingdom Securities like the plague. They do not respond to queries and they operate like a bad govt. office.
Milefeyk
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 5:31:11 PM

I have always been amazed regarding the wording they are using when they have some very strange and unwilling announcements. It looks so sweet and innocent like nothing had actually happened. But, eventually what do I know?
Ericsson
#32 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 5:25:50 PM

Kenya’s Co-operative Bank has cast a shadow of doubt over the future of its stockbroking business with news emerging that lenders who scrambled for the acquisition of stockbrokerage firms at the height of the stockmarket boom more than a decade ago are now struggling to sustain the loss-making business units.

These lenders are ABC bank which acquired 86 per cent stake in Crossfield Securities Ltd and renamed it ABC Capital in 2008 and Equity Bank, which acquired a trading licence from Juanco Investment Bank and renamed it Equity Investment Bank in the same year.

NIC Bank bought 55 per cent stake in Solid Investment Securities and renamed it NIC Capital in 2008 and Co-op Bank, which acquired a 60 per cent controlling stake in Bob Mathews brokerage firm for Ksh150 million ($1.5 million) renamed it Kingdom Securities Ltd in 2009.

The financial distress that has hit stockbrokerage firms due to declining share prices and low trading volumes on the Nairobi Securities Exchange has left banks holding unprofitable investments that they are unable to shut down or dispose in the interest of investor confidence in the market.

Daniel Kuyoh, an independent analyst, said banks that own the loss making stockbrokerage firms have found themselves between a rock and a hard place since shutting down or selling off those moribund subsidiaries will send the wrong signals on the market.

β€œI do not think these banks will shut down their stockbrokerage units because they have already sunk costs over the years in an attempt to generate a sustainable profit, but closure would possibly send the wrong signals to the market as banks are the most capitalised participants in the stockmarket,” said Mr Kuyoh.

https://www.theeastafric...187318-lsf33u/index.html
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#33 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 5:59:12 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Kenya’s Co-operative Bank has cast a shadow of doubt over the future of its stockbroking business with news emerging that lenders who scrambled for the acquisition of stockbrokerage firms at the height of the stockmarket boom more than a decade ago are now struggling to sustain the loss-making business units.

These lenders are ABC bank which acquired 86 per cent stake in Crossfield Securities Ltd and renamed it ABC Capital in 2008 and Equity Bank, which acquired a trading licence from Juanco Investment Bank and renamed it Equity Investment Bank in the same year.

NIC Bank bought 55 per cent stake in Solid Investment Securities and renamed it NIC Capital in 2008 and Co-op Bank, which acquired a 60 per cent controlling stake in Bob Mathews brokerage firm for Ksh150 million ($1.5 million) renamed it Kingdom Securities Ltd in 2009.

The financial distress that has hit stockbrokerage firms due to declining share prices and low trading volumes on the Nairobi Securities Exchange has left banks holding unprofitable investments that they are unable to shut down or dispose in the interest of investor confidence in the market.

Daniel Kuyoh, an independent analyst, said banks that own the loss making stockbrokerage firms have found themselves between a rock and a hard place since shutting down or selling off those moribund subsidiaries will send the wrong signals on the market.

β€œI do not think these banks will shut down their stockbrokerage units because they have already sunk costs over the years in an attempt to generate a sustainable profit, but closure would possibly send the wrong signals to the market as banks are the most capitalised participants in the stockmarket,” said Mr Kuyoh.

https://www.theeastafric...87318-lsf33u/index.html
Many of those who sold their licenses got them as political favors or had "godfathers". They lucked out when buyers showed up!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#34 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 6:01:59 PM

Deutsche Bank is getting out of stock brokerage business laying off over 18000 people.
Angelica _ann
#35 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:01:20 PM

How is Suntra Investment Bank doing, anybody in the know?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
babashuge
#36 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 7:28:47 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
How is Suntra Investment Bank doing, anybody in the know?

Haven't been able to login since yesterday, and i dont know if thats good or bad..
Ericsson
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 8:02:49 AM

Who has an experience dealing with KCB Capital
Monk
#38 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 1:39:44 PM

African Alliance Securities bowing out of Kenya...

https://kenyanwallstreet...rage-business-in-kenya/

I need to select where to move. Is NCBA any good?
Ericsson
#39 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 2:06:47 PM

Monk wrote:

SBG Securities
target1360
#40 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 9:12:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Monk wrote:

SBG Securities

Sbg are ok, though they dont like clients withdrawing funds from their account.
They l take you through rounds with escuses like oooh signature differs,ooh commissioner of oath until you give up
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them