watesh
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:11:20 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Touched 46 intraday.

NMG single-handedly sinking my portfolio Pray Pray

you are not alone.Hata Mimi hapa naumia mbaya.My current ABP is 101 against the current price of 46.Sijui @sparky ako aje hapa.

50% below water. My ABP is 92.

The only solution for us is to average down kabisa.
And nowadays NTV is on Facebook.The challenge is to turn digital exposure into revenues.
GAA paid them half the money and they have renewed business.Thats good as long as they will pay on time.
And how are the media companies worldwide coping with digital disruptions? e.g New York times,Washington post and others?

They introduced a paywall to their news sites and limited the number of free articles one gets. This keeps people paying for news. It doesnt generate as much as newspapers but it pays more than online ads
rwitre
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:20:55 PM

watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Touched 46 intraday.

you are not alone.Hata Mimi hapa naumia mbaya.My current ABP is 101 against the current price of 46.Sijui @sparky ako aje hapa.

The only solution for us is to average down kabisa.
And nowadays NTV is on Facebook.The challenge is to turn digital exposure into revenues.
GAA paid them half the money and they have renewed business.Thats good as long as they will pay on time.
And how are the media companies worldwide coping with digital disruptions? e.g New York times,Washington post and others?

They introduced a paywall to their news sites and limited the number of free articles one gets. This keeps people paying for news. It doesnt generate as much as newspapers but it pays more than online ads

Paywall's a step in the right direction. And that GAA debt had been quite the drag on the balance sheet. GoK should expedite payment. Deni zilipwe zote.
S.Mutaga III
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:25:23 PM

I will only board this bus when earnings justify the moves they are making. In earnings I trust. Keep hope alive.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
whiteowl
#24 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 7:19:10 AM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Touched 46 intraday.

Old media is dead.You better get out now coz this stock is heading to zero.It will seem like a genius move 5 years from now.
obiero
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 10:45:59 PM

whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Touched 46 intraday.

Old media is dead.You better get out now coz this stock is heading to zero.It will seem like a genius move 5 years from now.

This was the tacit research question in my postgrad https://pdfs.semanticsch...1ea202c5affe9b855653.pdf

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#26 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:37:46 AM

obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Touched 46 intraday.

This was the tacit research question in my postgrad https://pdfs.semanticsch...ea202c5affe9b855653.pdf
JKUAT? Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#27 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 12:57:25 PM

obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=rwitre]Touched 46 intraday.

This was the tacit research question in my postgrad https://pdfs.semanticsch...ea202c5affe9b855653.pdf[/quote]
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#28 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 1:02:12 PM

obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

This was the tacit research question in my postgrad https://pdfs.semanticsch...ea202c5affe9b855653.pdf[/quote]

Your conclusion was that internet usage doesn't affect th print media. Has that changed?
Life is short. Live passionately.
xxxxx
#29 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 1:43:39 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Your conclusion was that internet usage doesn't affect th print media. Has that changed?

But now the population and the questionsShame on you .......Asking 1 nmg employee or 5000 nmg employees the same questions could not have helped you achieve the research objectives sought. That's one of the reasons why the conclusion doesn't relate with what nmg is going through today.
VituVingiSana
#30 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 2:03:37 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Touched 46 intraday.

This was the tacit research question in my postgrad https://pdfs.semanticsch...ea202c5affe9b855653.pdf

#SisemiKitu d'oh! Laughing out loudly d'oh! Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#31 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 2:11:43 PM

xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

But now the population and the questionsShame on you .......Asking 1 nmg employee or 5000 nmg employees the same questions could not have helped you achieve the research objectives sought. That's one of the reasons why the conclusion doesn't relate with what nmg is going through today.

There was the internal set and correlation to the industry as a subset.. That's why I recommended future studies by others.. I am not Jesus! I did my part

xxxxx
#32 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 2:37:43 PM

obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

There was the internal set and correlation to the industry as a subset.. That's why I recommended future studies by others.. I am not Jesus! I did my part

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly a lawsuit is warranted for reaching false conclusionsLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#33 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 4:03:30 PM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly a lawsuit is warranted for reaching false conclusionsLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Hehe. As I said. I am not Jesus. That was 2011 and the researcher asks that future scholars delve deeper into the subject matter. Its your time to shine bro! I'm currently on my PhD at Columbia University, frying bigger fish! Academics is my first love and I cherish wazua for such vibrant debate. This site feeds my soul

Ericsson
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:06:34 AM

Share price now at ksh.47.15 as at close of Wednesday 10 July 2019.
I see people getting burnt in this counter on it's way down.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ebenyo
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:12:12 AM

Ericsson wrote:

I'm among those burnt here;with an ABP of 101.
The best way is to average down but I don't have cash now.
I don't regret because i strive to maintain a diversified stocks portfolio.
NMG should venture into digital tv and take on Multichoice brand of Dstv and startimes.
This will be the best way to stay relevant.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:28:40 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

NMG should venture into digital tv and take on Multichoice brand of Dstv and startimes.

@Yasserbigchair had this on his list of stocks to sell since 2014

Ericsson
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:12:01 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Do you see them venturing into digital TV?
Their biggest revenue earner is the daily print/newspaper.
Their TV and radio stations are dead.
Multichoice and Star times invest in content research.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:15:02 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Whatever you do, please do not average down on this one.. Sell now and redistribute to other more viable counters. I know more about the firm than most of its current management

FUNKY
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:29:51 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Whatever you do, please do not average down on this one.. Sell now and redistribute to other more viable counters. I know more about the firm than most of its current management

Please share more information what you know as even i am tempted to buy at this price!
rwitre
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:39:44 PM

At a share price of Sh47 and DPS of Sh5, Nation Media has a dividend yield of 10.6%

GoK paying its accrued debts.

Was leaving this bus but now temptation to average down is at its highest.