wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<789
KQ up,up & away
VituVingiSana
#161 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:01:11 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Down 0.25 to 36... I am holding on... coz I am confident that KQ will manage OK in this half. The NAV is 42 as of 30 Sep 2009. So at least it should get there...

30 Nov to 30 May = 6 months left to release of results
42(NAV) less 36(current price) = 6/-
6/36 = 16.6%

I can live with a 16.6% return in 6 months...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB

@VVS #TBT NAV is not a good indicator given experience with KQ and ARM.

It should not be the SOLE indicator. I hope I have learnt from my mistakes.
There are many other factors eg management, sector, cash-burn rate, etc.
Cash on hand, access to cash, etc vs having "dead" assets.
Live and learn.

Thanks for this #TBT. It's good be reminded of past failures to keep one grounded. Pray
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#162 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:06:24 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
@Obiero. Insanity is sometimes described as trying to do the same thing everytime while always getting the same bad results. Take care. Look at uchumi... Until KQ undergoes a similar overhaul don't expect any SUSTAINABLE improvement for KQ.

Ha ha. The other day, mps are proposing a Rights Issue. Lol. At what price? 1 bob. Another rights issue now??!

@Obiero is now a case study in how not to invest at the NSE. He joins the likes of @VVS and myself on the honour roll.

Kweli! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
KQ and Olympia top the list with poor (& scam-ridden) management.
Others I dipped my toe into include ADSS & Africa Lakes.
There was also KFB with scam artists like FT Nyammo. It's coz of FT that I skipped Longhorn. Once a thief, always a thief.

@VVS we now qualify to form a stocks investment consultancy and make big bucks from our experience and knowledge. I am content to ask people to read, read and read. I have become more circumspect. Sad to say that my experiences with the shady firms made me avoid Safaricom in the early days.

I am assuming you are not a professional investment advisor.
Well, not yet, I am still waiting for a job offer from Winda smile
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#163 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:08:53 PM

obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I had got in @ 72. Too bad I did not cost average downwards when the price fell to the level of 20s. All the same I think I will even out soon.

Woiiii...

@Maka bona watukubusha hizo zida za KQ. I bought in Sep 07 at 72 and watched price drop to 20s around May 2009. However lucky for me I disembarked when price rose to 46 in Oct 2010 booking looses of 36%. Lucky for me this was on low volumes of 1K shares so I lost only 26K. I used the proceeds of 46K to buy DTB at 119 and have never regretted that decision.

My first story with KQ was sweet I had only bought 1K shares in 2004 at average of 17 and sold in 2005 at 79 a piece booking 364% gains or KES62K, sadly this was just a small trade I had made.

So my net gain in KQ for the 2 trades come to 62-27=35K.

Utarudi tena?

Huko sirudi ng'o!

Ndugu Obiero seems you are the only bridegroom waiting for this bride. Brides groom wamekataa to support you. Sana sana the new clown in town and your faithful critic vvs. Laughing out loudly

Tomorrow at 9.30am, KQ gets reborn
I have never seen a firm get "saved" more often than KQ.
VituVingiSana
#164 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:13:37 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
@Obiero. Insanity is sometimes described as trying to do the same thing everytime while always getting the same bad results. Take care. Look at uchumi... Until KQ undergoes a similar overhaul don't expect any SUSTAINABLE improvement for KQ.

Ha ha. The other day, mps are proposing a Rights Issue. Lol. At what price? 1 bob. Another rights issue now??!

@Obiero is now a case study in how not to invest at the NSE. He joins the likes of @VVS and myself on the honour roll.

Kweli! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
KQ and Olympia top the list with poor (& scam-ridden) management.
Others I dipped my toe into include ADSS & Africa Lakes.
There was also KFB with scam artists like FT Nyammo. It's coz of FT that I skipped Longhorn. Once a thief, always a thief.

@VVS we now qualify to form a stocks investment consultancy and make big bucks from our experience and knowledge.

I am assuming you are not a professional investment advisor.

KURWITU, ARM & HAFR CONSULTING SERVICES LTD

I see an attempt to dim our candles but your candle will not shine brighter by dimming ours.

@VVS, a reminder of my number +254708733938. Get in touch.
Definitely. One day when I have no more teeth we can have a drink and reminisce Pray
obiero
#165 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:15:20 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I had got in @ 72. Too bad I did not cost average downwards when the price fell to the level of 20s. All the same I think I will even out soon.

Woiiii...

@Maka bona watukubusha hizo zida za KQ. I bought in Sep 07 at 72 and watched price drop to 20s around May 2009. However lucky for me I disembarked when price rose to 46 in Oct 2010 booking looses of 36%. Lucky for me this was on low volumes of 1K shares so I lost only 26K. I used the proceeds of 46K to buy DTB at 119 and have never regretted that decision.

My first story with KQ was sweet I had only bought 1K shares in 2004 at average of 17 and sold in 2005 at 79 a piece booking 364% gains or KES62K, sadly this was just a small trade I had made.

Utarudi tena?

Huko sirudi ng'o!

Ndugu Obiero seems you are the only bridegroom waiting for this bride. Brides groom wamekataa to support you. Sana sana the new clown in town and your faithful critic vvs. Laughing out loudly

Tomorrow at 9.30am, KQ gets reborn
I have never seen a firm get "saved" more often than KQ.

Yenyewe KQ has been supported heavily. If it was a kawaida business ingekuwa imefungwa

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#166 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:22:17 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Well... I do not know about 50/- but KQ is on its way to 30/-. I wish we had more information but KQ does not produce quarterly results. Oil at $76 definitely adds to more 'profits' (or lower cash losses from hedges)...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB

@vvs it's time to eat humble pie and get back to your dream stock. Remember full year is this December, hence closing out of all the losses in 2017. A profit is inevitable by June 2018 whereby we will be cruising past KES 20 per share
#TBT
I am so glad I bailed out of KQ.
It was not an easy decision. There's a part of you that doesn't want to eat the loss. It was like a death by a thousand cuts.
ARM was sudden death. One day the shares are trading and the price was rising. There was hope. The next day. Dead. Much better than holding on until it dies a slow but miserly death.

If I had not sold off my KQ, I would have been almost wiped out. Live and Learn. Do not get married for life to a stock/firm. That doesn't mean one has one-night stands but do watch what is happening. If it cheats on you then re-evaluate your relationship.
If times change, move along. Get divorced.

I will keep that in mind for Unga, KenyaRe and Centum. I like them given they are historically cheap - or quite cheap - when one considers PER, PB and other factors.

Also, I trust the management of all 3. For now. Things always change.
obiero
#167 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:50:02 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Well... I do not know about 50/- but KQ is on its way to 30/-. I wish we had more information but KQ does not produce quarterly results. Oil at $76 definitely adds to more 'profits' (or lower cash losses from hedges)...

@vvs it's time to eat humble pie and get back to your dream stock. Remember full year is this December, hence closing out of all the losses in 2017. A profit is inevitable by June 2018 whereby we will be cruising past KES 20 per share
#TBT
It was not an easy decision. There's a part of you that doesn't want to eat the loss. It was like a death by a thousand cuts.
ARM was sudden death. One day the shares are trading and the price was rising. There was hope. The next day. Dead. Much better than holding on until it dies a slow but miserly death.

If I had not sold off my KQ, I would have been almost wiped out. Live and Learn. Do not get married for life to a stock/firm. That doesn't mean one has one-night stands but do watch what is happening. If it cheats on you then re-evaluate your relationship.

I will keep that in mind for Unga, KenyaRe and Centum. I like them given they are historically cheap - or quite cheap - when one considers PER, PB and other factors.

In stocks never imagine that your information is better than the other trader's.. There's asymmetry which often leads to sudden death that can cause terrible heart ache and subsequent endless rambles over OPP

VituVingiSana
#168 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:52:53 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

#TBT

In stocks never imagine that your information is better than the other trader's.. There's asymmetry which often leads to sudden death that can cause terrible heart ache and subsequent endless rambles over OPP
But you are 100% on the nose on KQ. Your analysis is flawless. Superb. A case study. You can beat Warren Buffett at his game.
Don't be timid. Go all in. Borrow to the hilt. KQ all the way. Applause Applause Applause
Gatheuzi
#169 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:04:10 AM

sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Woiiii...

Posted in 2015. @Gatheuzi are you still invested?

@Sparkly, I already divested from KQ into DTB. As I had explained, the first stock trade in NSE to make me real money was KQ. With 364% gains in less than 2 years, I thought I was a genius. But later on I thought I could be twice lucky which went the other way and lost 36% of the capital. DTB trade was awesome, I disembarked in 2011 and bought "buroti maguta maguta". Stocks are fun and currently I am slowly accumulating SCB mainly for dividends.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#170 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:12:29 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

#TBT

But you are 100% on the nose on KQ. Your analysis is flawless. Superb. A case study. You can beat Warren Buffett at his game.
Don't be timid. Go all in. Borrow to the hilt. KQ all the way. Applause Applause Applause

Nayo nayo.. The cards are lined up on this one.. I will be in the money sooner than you imagine.. For now you can laugh

sparkly
#171 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 8:02:36 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Woiiii...

@Sparkly, I already divested from KQ into DTB. As I had explained, the first stock trade in NSE to make me real money was KQ. With 364% gains in less than 2 years, I thought I was a genius. But later on I thought I could be twice lucky which went the other way and lost 36% of the capital. DTB trade was awesome, I disembarked in 2011 and bought "buroti maguta maguta". Stocks are fun and currently I am slowly accumulating SCB mainly for dividends.

At least you made money. KQ is unlikely to prosper within our lifetime.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#172 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 9:28:57 PM

sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Woiiii...

Watch and learn

sparkly
#173 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 10:03:05 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Woiiii...

Watch and learn

I watching great teacher ObieroLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
Yliett
#174 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:43:05 PM

I dont think that you should be hard on any investor who made loss on stock market. You probably already know how hard it is to make the right pick and actually make some money on this market. It is unpredictable,so losses should be used to learn something about you trading decisions and this market
obiero
#175 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:05:31 PM

Yliett wrote:
I dont think that you should be hard on any investor who made loss on stock market. You probably already know how hard it is to make the right pick and actually make some money on this market. It is unpredictable,so losses should be used to learn something about you trading decisions and this market

Most of the NSE investors are facing dips. The only reason why some people delight on others misfortune is low self esteem. People who believe that they made better choices just because we do not know their ABP! I don't give a rat's ass about such queers