Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<5354555657>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
rwitre
#1081 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 4:08:54 PM

If you can't beat them, join them

Quote:

Facebook plans to launch 'GlobalCoin' cryptocurrency in 2020

Facebook is planning to launch its own cryptocurrency in early 2020, allowing users to make digital payments in a dozen countries.

The currency, dubbed GlobalCoin, would enable Facebook’s 2.4 billion monthly users to change dollars and other international currencies into its digital coins. The coins could then be used to buy things on the internet and in shops and other outlets, or to transfer money without needing a bank account.

Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and chief executive of Facebook, last month met the governor of the Bank of England, Mark Carney, to discuss the plans, according to the BBC.

Zuckerberg has also discussed the proposal, known as Project Libra, with US Treasury officials and is in talks with money transfer firms, including Western Union, to develop cheap, safe ways for people to send and receive money. A report last year said Facebook is working on a cryptocurrency that would let users transfer money using WhatsApp, its encrypted mobile-messaging app.

But of course, Bitcoin is still king.
rwitre
#1082 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 11:32:40 PM

12-month high clocked. BTC at $8800

Great way to start the coming week

Meanwhile....“Retail is still buying Bitcoin. Yale Endowment, moved into Bitcoin, Stanford Endowment, Moved into Bitcoin and Howard’s endowment has moved into Bitcoin. These are real names and real thoughtful investors.”...

Onward march continues.
mnandii
#1083 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:16:38 AM

Spikes wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Bitcoin. A move to 8820s likely then a drop to 5200s to complete wave (4).

If that is the case, I am gonna short BTC and wait to buy at $5000...Applause Applause Applause

Looking at 100 day MA as a longterm trend it clearly stands at $5200/-

Wave B likely set and firm at $8940s. Now a drop in wave C should take Bitcoin back down to $5900s and possibly further below at $5180s. Be ready.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
The Great
#1084 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:27:42 AM

With a few pitstops at REKT city. They really love me there. Or is it vice versa
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
mnandii
#1085 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:54:04 AM

Bitcoin is falling in Wave C of a triangle. Targets for this fall lie between $6984 and $6575. By this I don't expect Bitcoin to fall below the lower red line ( $6470). If the red line is no breached downward then this forecast will negate my earlier one which called for a drop to $5000s.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#1086 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 8:54:59 PM

The Triangle scenario in Bitocin appears to be less likely now and I hereby revert to my earlier forecast to Bitcoin to fall to 5000s.

Bitcoin should start falling strongly down in a third wave towards $5800 - $5700.

Chart below:

mnandii
#1087 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 8:56:42 PM

The Triangle scenario in Bitocin appears to be less likely now and I hereby revert to my earlier forecast to Bitcoin to fall to 5000s.

Bitcoin should start falling strongly down in a third wave towards $5800 - $5700.

Chart below:

snifadog
#1088 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:14:21 AM

good friend, the bull market is here, update your bear charts let's climb to new highs
mamilli
#1089 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:12:38 AM

snifadog wrote:
good friend, the bull market is here, update your bear charts let's climb to new highs

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly A lot of Tether is on the sidelines yearning for that pullback,there is a good chance they wont get it.
Meanwhile,Zuckerberg is going all out....
https://www.theblockcryp...st-of-inaugural-backers/
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
whiteowl
#1090 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:25:08 AM

mamilli wrote:
[quote=snifadog]good friend, the bull market is here, update your bear charts let's climb to new highs

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly A lot of Tether is on the sidelines yearning for that pullback,there is a good chance they wont get it.
https://www.theblockcryp...t-of-inaugural-backers/[/quote]

Cryptocurrency thrives coz people lost trust in central banking systems. That's why I don't think the Zuckerberg project will be a success.Any currency needs trust to thrive and not many people trust Facebook.
rwitre
#1091 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:02:10 PM

whiteowl wrote:

mamilli wrote:

snifadog wrote:

https://www.theblockcryp...t-of-inaugural-backers/

Cryptocurrency thrives coz people lost trust in central banking systems. That's why I don't think the Zuckerberg project will be a success.Any currency needs trust to thrive and not many people trust Facebook.

Interesting read
Quote:

Facebook’s cryptocurrency will turn out, in the end, to be a Trojan horse that benefits bitcoin.

Here’s my biggest prediction: Facebook’s foray into cryptocurrency will end up benefiting bitcoin. It will take time, but Facebook will greatly accelerate the pace of teaching people about cryptocurrencies. And when this happens, more people will turn to bitcoin for one simple reason—bitcoin is scarce, while Facebook’s cryptocurrency is not. People will migrate over time to the most honest ledger for storing their hard-earned wealth—and that’s not fiat currencies or derivatives thereof, including Facebook’s cryptocurrency.

This phenomenon actually happened in Venezuela, as early bitcoiner Nick Spanos recently pointed out to me. When the Maduro regime introduced the ill-fated petro cryptocurrency, the government made a concerted effort to educate Venezuelans about cryptocurrencies—and it correlated to a spike in bitcoin use by Venezuelans.

Facebook’s foray into cryptocurrency will likely end up being a beneficial detour on the path to broader bitcoin adoption. Bring it on!

rwitre
#1092 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 1:58:51 PM

Playing Russian roulette with your money Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It’s dubbed “Bitcoin Wallet,” and promises returns of 100 percent in 15 days. The scam is estimated to be generating R2 million ($135,000) every day.

Quote:

By all indications, Bitcoin Wallet is a multimillion-rand operation and probably has the largest daily cash flow in the whole of Ladysmith.
Fears are growing that a highly lucrative “investment scheme” that promises to pay out ten-fold cash deposits within two weeks, which has taken this small rural town in KwaZulu-Natal by storm, will soon crash.

The allure of easy money has seen more and more hopeful people unwittingly risk their money every time they make deposits into the investment scheme.

Located in a shabby building that used to be a pawn shop – just off Alexander Street, between MICA hardware and Office National – are the Bitcoin Wallet offices.

Long queues form outside Bitcoin Wallet daily. The attraction is Bitcoin Wallet’s investment scheme that promises 100 percent returns on monetary deposits, from R100, in exactly 15 working days.

Owing to the popularity of the scheme, it no longer takes in amounts less than R5,000.

By all indications, Bitcoin Wallet is a multimillion-rand operation and probably has the largest daily cash flow in the whole of Ladysmith.

Owned and operated by a local man in his 30s who was a paramedic until recently, Sphelele “Sgumza” Mbatha, the investment scheme is reportedly taking more than R2 million in cash deposits on a daily basis.

On Tuesday (last week), about 200 eager prospective investors queued outside Bitcoin Wallet offices, with some saying that they do not want to be left behind by the easy takings as many people have benefitted already.

Vehicles belonging to other businesses operating around the Bitcoin Wallet premises now have to manoeuvre through a human curtain that has blocked the entrance to their parking lot, but they don’t appear to be complaining.

“I’ve actually not invested anything yet as this was my first time here, but a woman I know invested R50,000 and she has just received R100,000. I’m told Sgumza only takes R5,000 now, so I also have to invest as well,” claimed a woman in the queue.

An elderly man, who asked not want to be named and was seen carrying a blanket around midday, said that he had been queuing since 3am. He said his daughter would come a little later so they could make their investment.

Another lady, who also did not want to be named, said employed members of her family have invested various amounts in Bitcoin Wallet, from R1,000. She said they had been taking turns to queue every day to collect their returns.

Ryko
#1093 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:56:45 AM

The virus is spreading..to those who doubted cryptocurrency, facebook has its own crypto it will be called Libra here is the white paper:

Facebook blockchain crypto whitepaper

on https://calibra.com/

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
sparkly
#1094 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:04:48 AM

Fiat currency will not go away quietly
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#1095 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:19:36 AM

sparkly wrote:

One of the naysayers has begun accepting the reality on the ground irresistibly.
Waiting for more hardcore naysayers to join the chorus.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
sparkly
#1096 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:07:56 AM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:

One of the naysayers has begun accepting the reality on the ground irresistibly.
Waiting for more hardcore naysayers to join the chorus.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Fiat money is government-issued currency that is not backed by a physical commodity, such as gold or silver.
Life is short. Live passionately.
hardwood
#1097 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 2:13:55 PM

rwitre wrote:
Playing Russian roulette with your money Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It’s dubbed “Bitcoin Wallet,” and promises returns of 100 percent in 15 days. The scam is estimated to be generating R2 million ($135,000) every day.

Quote:

Fears are growing that a highly lucrative “investment scheme” that promises to pay out ten-fold cash deposits within two weeks, which has taken this small rural town in KwaZulu-Natal by storm, will soon crash.

The allure of easy money has seen more and more hopeful people unwittingly risk their money every time they make deposits into the investment scheme.

Located in a shabby building that used to be a pawn shop – just off Alexander Street, between MICA hardware and Office National – are the Bitcoin Wallet offices.

Long queues form outside Bitcoin Wallet daily. The attraction is Bitcoin Wallet’s investment scheme that promises 100 percent returns on monetary deposits, from R100, in exactly 15 working days.

Owing to the popularity of the scheme, it no longer takes in amounts less than R5,000.

Owned and operated by a local man in his 30s who was a paramedic until recently, Sphelele “Sgumza” Mbatha, the investment scheme is reportedly taking more than R2 million in cash deposits on a daily basis.

On Tuesday (last week), about 200 eager prospective investors queued outside Bitcoin Wallet offices, with some saying that they do not want to be left behind by the easy takings as many people have benefitted already.

Vehicles belonging to other businesses operating around the Bitcoin Wallet premises now have to manoeuvre through a human curtain that has blocked the entrance to their parking lot, but they don’t appear to be complaining.

“I’ve actually not invested anything yet as this was my first time here, but a woman I know invested R50,000 and she has just received R100,000. I’m told Sgumza only takes R5,000 now, so I also have to invest as well,” claimed a woman in the queue.

An elderly man, who asked not want to be named and was seen carrying a blanket around midday, said that he had been queuing since 3am. He said his daughter would come a little later so they could make their investment.

Another lady, who also did not want to be named, said employed members of her family have invested various amounts in Bitcoin Wallet, from R1,000. She said they had been taking turns to queue every day to collect their returns.

Isn't this a ponzi scheme like DECI?
whiteowl
#1098 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 5:54:36 PM

hardwood wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Quote:

Isn't this a ponzi scheme like DECI?

Yes this another ponzi and has nothing to do with bitcoin.Bitcoin is just a buzzword to rope people in.
rwitre
#1099 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 9:17:58 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
rwitre wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Like a Phoenix from the ashes,BTC arises.Bulls charging to test 6k resistance already (despite the Tether FUD) leaving permabears terribly confused.

It charges forward with a few pit stops to offload profit-takers. Applause Applause

It rises very fast amid naysayers lagging sentiment. @obiero, @mugundaman and crew wamekaa wameng'etia tu.Pray Pray Pray

Premature! It will turn flaccid

The bulls are in full control $6000 resistance shattered completely now converted into a floor. Applause Applause Applause

Didn't even pause for a breather at $10000
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

mamilli
#1100 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:19:32 AM

rwitre wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
rwitre wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Like a Phoenix from the ashes,BTC arises.Bulls charging to test 6k resistance already (despite the Tether FUD) leaving permabears terribly confused.

It charges forward with a few pit stops to offload profit-takers. Applause Applause

It rises very fast amid naysayers lagging sentiment. @obiero, @mugundaman and crew wamekaa wameng'etia tu.Pray Pray Pray

Premature! It will turn flaccid

The bulls are in full control $6000 resistance shattered completely now converted into a floor. Applause Applause Applause

Didn't even pause for a breather at $10000
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

20k doesn't appear too distant anymore.Ride the trend,for those with some dry powder,as they say,buy the f**king dip! Alight at your own risk.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.