wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
1/4 Acre for Sale - Nkoroi
wukan
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:39:44 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
I will be rude deliberately here. We can't allow Wazua to deteriorate to facebook standards where only 1 out of 10 comments are logical and sensible.

Who doesn't know that the entire land occupied by sgr had to be acquired ? The scandals arising from that alone have been the subject of numerous discussions on this very forum.

By the time this thread was started in 2011, even the CEO of Kenya Railways didn't know there would be a new line to Naivasha via Nkoroi.

The guys whose houses were demolished were demanding 30M. KR was offering 20M. They hadn't bribed anyone at NLC so their cases got stuck.

If one doesn't know something, it is okay not to comment.

They were demanding USD 300,000/=d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Ok...let me hold my peace
hardwood
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:19:07 AM

wukan wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
I will be rude deliberately here. We can't allow Wazua to deteriorate to facebook standards where only 1 out of 10 comments are logical and sensible.

Who doesn't know that the entire land occupied by sgr had to be acquired ? The scandals arising from that alone have been the subject of numerous discussions on this very forum.

By the time this thread was started in 2011, even the CEO of Kenya Railways didn't know there would be a new line to Naivasha via Nkoroi.

The guys whose houses were demolished were demanding 30M. KR was offering 20M. They hadn't bribed anyone at NLC so their cases got stuck.

Very true @From2011, the level of ignorance (ie ujinga as Jomo called it) on the forum is just saddening. Infact the 30m they were demanding is on the lower side. The houses appear to be sitting on 1/2 acre pieces of land. 1/2 acre land is about 12m. House construction cost 25m. Stone walling of the 1/2 acre plot + gate + electric fence or razor wire 3m. 2 bdrm Simba for the kids/SQ 5m. Cabro paving 500k. Operational poultry house 2000 chicken 2m. 50 trees @ 10k = 500k. 10,000l Water tank plus plumbing, tank stand 100k. Water well 200k. Outside toilet 200k. Grass lawn, flower bed and other landscaping costs 300k. Kitchen garden with sukuma, nyanya and hoho 100k. Total cost about 50m. Add 10% disturbance fee 5m. Grand total = 55m. Thus each person should have been paid about 55m before demolition.

Angelica _ann
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:46:10 AM

hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Very true @From2011, the level of ignorance (ie ujinga as Jomo called it) on the forum is just saddening. Infact the 30m they were demanding is on the lower side. The houses appear to be sitting on 1/2 acre pieces of land. 1/2 acre land is about 12m. House value 25m. Stone walling of the 1/2 acre plot + gate + electric fence 3m. 2 bdrm Simba for the kids 5m. Cabro paving 500k. Operational poultry house 2000 chicken 2m. 50 trees @ 10k = 500k. 10,000l Water tank plus plumbing, tank stand 100k. Water well 200k. Outside toilet 200k. Grass lawn, flower bed and other landscaping costs 300k. Kitchen garden with sukuma, nyanya and hoho 100k. Total cost about 50.5m. Add 10% disturbance fee 5m. Grand total = 56m. Thus each person should have been paid about 56m before demolition.

Plus emotional adjustment, forced change of environment, inconvenience etc. The compensation value of the forced acquisition should be beyond the commercial value of the land plus structures therein.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:56:04 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Very true @From2011, the level of ignorance (ie ujinga as Jomo called it) on the forum is just saddening. Infact the 30m they were demanding is on the lower side. The houses appear to be sitting on 1/2 acre pieces of land. 1/2 acre land is about 12m. House value 25m. Stone walling of the 1/2 acre plot + gate + electric fence 3m. 2 bdrm Simba for the kids 5m. Cabro paving 500k. Operational poultry house 2000 chicken 2m. 50 trees @ 10k = 500k. 10,000l Water tank plus plumbing, tank stand 100k. Water well 200k. Outside toilet 200k. Grass lawn, flower bed and other landscaping costs 300k. Kitchen garden with sukuma, nyanya and hoho 100k. Total cost about 50.5m. Add 10% disturbance fee 5m. Grand total = 56m. Thus each person should have been paid about 56m before demolition.

Plus emotional adjustment, forced change of environment, inconvenience etc. The compensation value of the forced acquisition should be beyond the commercial value of the land plus structures therein.

True... I have a few friends affected...One decided to take the cash and moved... (interestingly he had moved into the area not so long ago) ...The others stayed put...Very sad state of affairs...
possunt quia posse videntur
wukan
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:56:05 AM

ooops didn't realize this was a dustbowl neighborhood whatsapp group until I say this thread. Mea culpaPray

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...aspx?g=posts&t=36547
hardwood
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:32:08 AM

wukan wrote:
ooops didn't realize this was a dustbowl neighborhood whatsapp group until I say this thread. Mea culpaPray

Just stick to kirinyaga road bedsitter matters. Hii maneno ya nkoroi is beyond your capacity.