wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Sameer smeared?
Magnate
#21 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 7:06:52 PM

FUNKY wrote:
This is the right time to get in to this bus before it starts taking off!!

i have been accumulating this.Am on this merali wheel business.expect profit taking on monday
No diagnosis,no pragnosis,no pragnosis no profit......Jesse livermore
sparkly
#22 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 6:45:23 AM

Magnate wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
This is the right time to get in to this bus before it starts taking off!!

i have been accumulating this.Am on this merali wheel business.expect profit taking on monday

I don't get the fascination with Sameer. The economic factors are firmly stacked against the tyre business in Kenya. 1. Inputs- Rubber, wires, noozles have to be bought at world market prices. unlike multinationals in Europe and Asia, Sameer has no control over the vertical supply chains. 2. Capital- When is the last time Sameer replaced their aging machines and upgraded the technology? They are not making enough profit to do so. 3. Labour - Expensive compared to the east. 4. Market - During KANU days Sameer used to be the sole supply of tyres to govt, govt departments and parastatals. Not anymore. Result is higher marketing and selling costs, lower margins.

This is a deteriorating business and Meralli knows it. That is why he will not invest more of his money in it. That is why he took Sameer land on Mombasa rd and built the business park for himself.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#23 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 12:52:51 PM

I will say this one more time.

Sameer Africa [Tyres] is a profitable venture for Merali. And for Merali only. The Others can make a few cents selling to Others which is simply like a Ponzi Scheme. Any 'real' profits go to Merali & his cronies.

Y'all got punked about Sameer Business Park. Merali transferred the land to a JV in which Sameer Africa (Tyres) owns only 25% of the company. Merali took 75%, went and got loans to build it. So now the Others own 25% of Sameer Business Park Ltd [which has loans] but whose Financial Statements are not known to the public.

Never ever touch Merali firms. Do you any that has made Others any money? He conned Kenyans [ICDC & shareholders], Japanese [Bridgestone], the Americans [Eveready], the Sudanese [Celtel], the Arabs [Zain], the Indians [Airtel] ... Have I forgotten any nationality?

Some Wazuans will 'encourage' Others to buy shares by hyping Eveready or Sameer. And then sell out. This is nothing but a pyramid scheme.

I have seen that done for Eveready, Sameer, HAFR, Olympia, Marshalls, Express, etc... [Add KQ under Naikuni & his useless parrot of a Board looking for perks & free flights]

Shitty firms that only make the Directors, "Wenyewe" & Management any money! Show me an Other who has made money in any of these firms on a long-term basis?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 12:05:11 AM

Tyres shortage plunges Sameer into Sh529m loss https://www.businessdail...094936-6xhaf7/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
tony stark
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 8:27:18 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I will say this one more time.

Sameer Africa [Tyres] is a profitable venture for Merali. And for Merali only. The Others can make a few cents selling to Others which is simply like a Ponzi Scheme. Any 'real' profits go to Merali & his cronies.

Y'all got punked about Sameer Business Park. Merali transferred the land to a JV in which Sameer Africa (Tyres) owns only 25% of the company. Merali took 75%, went and got loans to build it. So now the Others own 25% of Sameer Business Park Ltd [which has loans] but whose Financial Statements are not known to the public.

Never ever touch Merali firms. Do you any that has made Others any money? He conned Kenyans [ICDC & shareholders], Japanese [Bridgestone], the Americans [Eveready], the Sudanese [Celtel], the Arabs [Zain], the Indians [Airtel] ... Have I forgotten any nationality?

Some Wazuans will 'encourage' Others to buy shares by hyping Eveready or Sameer. And then sell out. This is nothing but a pyramid scheme.

I have seen that done for Eveready, Sameer, HAFR, Olympia, Marshalls, Express, etc... [Add KQ under Naikuni & his useless parrot of a Board looking for perks & free flights]

Shitty firms that only make the Directors, "Wenyewe" & Management any money! Show me an Other who has made money in any of these firms on a long-term basis?

True in 2014 and True now!!
VituVingiSana
#26 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 2:16:55 AM

Sameer writes off Sh403m investment in subsidiaries
https://www.businessdail...159604-u70hn1/index.html
MatataMingi
#27 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 3:56:01 PM

Merali is a thief. Period.
He made money under Moi as a front.
Lrt him suffer now.