Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Premio vs Avensis
olemasai
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:29:42 AM

keraka wrote:
ngapat wrote:
How about a mark X. Planning to dispose my 2003 NZE for it

Very very thirsty to say the least.By the way a 2.5 engine for a saloon car is bit of ambtition taken to another level unless its a heavy car.Resale is close to Zero.My views.

well, not entirely factual. the difference in fuel consumption between a 1.5l and 2.5l engine in a saloon car for the 'average' driver is quite negligible. the mark x is a v6 and it will put a smile in your heart.
mkenyan
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:41:46 AM

olemasai wrote:
keraka wrote:
ngapat wrote:
How about a mark X. Planning to dispose my 2003 NZE for it

Very very thirsty to say the least.By the way a 2.5 engine for a saloon car is bit of ambtition taken to another level unless its a heavy car.Resale is close to Zero.My views.

well, not entirely factual. the difference in fuel consumption between a 1.5l and 2.5l engine in a saloon car for the 'average' driver is quite negligible. the mark x is a v6 and it will put a smile in your heart.

define an 'average' driver.
simonkabz
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 12:36:54 AM

tassia wrote:
I understand there is Avensis UK and Avensis Japan. Take a ride on the 1,800cc UK and report back. NOTE UK not Japan. You will not mention it in the same sentence with the premio and the like.

The UK one is a tad uglier. ...esp the rear~something to do with the boot design.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 12:41:54 AM

GGK wrote:
tassia wrote:
I understand there is Avensis UK and Avensis Japan. Take a ride on the 1,800cc UK and report back. NOTE UK not Japan. You will not mention it in the same sentence with the premio and the like.

Avensis was also sold in Kenya as new by Toyota Kenya. My understanding is that all Avensis are made in UK. They only go to Japan as exports.
I should guess that the two are comparable on vast number aspects given they succeed Carina [Avensis] and Corona [Premio]. Eventually the Avensis emerges as a winner when you go past basics

There is an overlap as to which car replaced the Carina, between AVENSIS n ALLION. Seems Avensis retired the Carina in Europe, n the Allion in Japan.

Notice the similarities between japanese Carina vs old premio, and the Allion vs later model Premio.

In terms of thirstness, these modern engines rate almost the same. Allion/Premio 1.8l gives 16kpl while the 1.5l does 16.4 kpl on the highway. Negligible difference, but the bigger engine gives a much superior performance with a sweet burst of power.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
ulemsee
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 04, 2014 6:00:49 PM

I've noticed an increase in the number of Avensis (ama plural ni Avenses) on our roads in Nairobi lately. What are the chances that these vehicles will start being targeted by carjackers as Premios and Proboxes already are? is it already happening? Someone told me that any Toyota is susceptible to this thing of being carjacked while other guys are like... no, computer yake hushinda wezi...

So which is which?
Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty.
I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.
― George Carlin
Jon Jones
#26 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:26:35 AM

Crown Athlete vs Mark X?
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
kayhara
#27 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 12:16:17 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
Crown Athlete vs Mark X?

Mark X is for hippy Grandfathers, Crown Athlete is the car

Your choice, i personally prefer the crown
To Each His Own
Impunity
#28 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 12:41:46 PM

kayhara wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
Crown Athlete vs Mark X?

The new shape MarkX is a fail...they lost it in the body shape.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

wanyee
#29 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 5:49:36 PM

kayhara wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
Crown Athlete vs Mark X?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Poor Man's Mercedeses
The Great
#30 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 5:04:01 PM

Are Kenyans still buying those x's?
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
please_call_me
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:02:08 PM

Got avensis ex UK 1.8l TR 2008. 4 years down the line, very nice ride,consumption okay too. I source service items from Toyota KE, optionally import suspension parts i.e bushes,links,ball joints from UK.
In the second year, the cat went kaput(was told ni mafuta yetu chafu sana made the cat choke). The car had very poor performance. So got the cat out, replaced with straight through from the manifold plus a silencer. Ni hayo tu kwa sasa, no regrets.
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.