Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Centum FY 2019 eps up 69% with div of 1.20/-
VituVingiSana
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:15:38 AM

@Pesa8 - Do your thing!
Good news from @Bankelele
https://twitter.com/bank...atus/1138580851191623680
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
littledove
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:54:44 AM

https://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL8N23G08J
NAIROBI, June 12 (Reuters) - Kenya’s Centum Investment said on Wednesday its full year pretax profit for the period to end March rose 41% to 4.44 billion Kenyan shillings ($43.94 million).
Centum, which invests in listed firms and private companies, said it had entered an agreement to sell its stake in Almasi Beverages Limited and Nairobi Bottlers, with a total valuation of 19.5 billion shillings, to Coca Cola Beverages Africa. ($1 = 101.0500 Kenyan shillings) (Reporting by George Obulutsa; Editing by Omar Mohammed)
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
littledove
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:31:22 AM

littledove wrote:
NAIROBI, June 12 (Reuters) - Kenya’s Centum Investment said on Wednesday its full year pretax profit for the period to end March rose 41% to 4.44 billion Kenyan shillings ($43.94 million).
Centum, which invests in listed firms and private companies, said it had entered an agreement to sell its stake in Almasi Beverages Limited and Nairobi Bottlers, with a total valuation of 19.5 billion shillings, to Coca Cola Beverages Africa. ($1 = 101.0500 Kenyan shillings) (Reporting by George Obulutsa; Editing by Omar Mohammed)

dividend retained at ksh1.20
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:01:02 AM

Petey Pablo - Show Me The Money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqwzAdCVEA
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:21:13 AM

I am glad they are killing all the debt and also Sidian has finally stopped leaking money. After the sale of Almasi and Nairobi Bottlers, their exposure to real estate will be pretty huge
Horton
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:30:29 AM

littledove wrote:

This is great news for my small stake. I’d rather have Coke as the anchor shareholder vs Centum.
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:57:07 AM

Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

This is great news for my small stake. I’d rather have Coke as the anchor shareholder vs Centum.

Asset stripping ongoing.
Almasi and Nairobi are the cash generating units.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:02:39 AM

littledove wrote:

Proceeds from the sale will be used to settle debt obligations of ksh.7.5bn in USD terms.This will result in finance costs reduction of ksh.700mn.
Almasi Beverages and Nairobi Bottlers contributed dividends worth ksh.400mn
littledove
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:15:20 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.

they are very quality assets for centum, i dont know the main reason for their disposal
Angelica _ann
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:22:35 AM

littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.

they are very quality assets for centum, i dont know the main reason for their disposal

What is the logic of selling the unit(s)? Disclaimer - I am not a shareholder in Centum.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:22:39 AM

Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

I tried to find a way to buy a few shares in Almasi and NBL but no luck.
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:27:43 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.
Not really "asset stripping" given the cash will be used to pay down debt.
Dividends 400mn "loss"
Interest 700mn "savings"

The catch is the reliance on Real Estate is now much larger.
Ericsson
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:34:12 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.
Dividends 400mn "loss"
Interest 700mn "savings"

What is the state of real estate in the country?
Ask Britam and Suraya
Horton
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:33:07 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

I tried to find a way to buy a few shares in Almasi and NBL but no luck.

I dumped Centum after I found someone who was selling me Almasi. That’s the only reason I bought these shares. I don’t particularly like Centum. Almasi had a few small time owners.

Nairobi Bottlers is not possible to buy em coz they are held by deep pockets still trying to accumulate
Horton
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:34:42 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.
Dividends 400mn "loss"
Interest 700mn "savings"

Ask Britam and Suraya

Ask Cytonn as well 200m loss 2018. However, they didn’t prop up profits thru “revaluation gains” like Centum and KENYA re like doing
VituVingiSana
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:53:44 PM

Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.
Dividends 400mn "loss"
Interest 700mn "savings"

Ask Britam and Suraya

Ask Cytonn as well 200m loss 2018. However, they didn’t prop up profits thru “revaluation gains” like Centum and KENYA re like doing

Let us prosper with the "Revaluation Gains" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I do deduct the FV Gains if I am not comfy with them.
Both of these are now officially part of my "Core Investments"
I will do a thread on Centum next week.
Horton
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:02:19 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.
Dividends 400mn "loss"
Interest 700mn "savings"

Ask Britam and Suraya

Let us prosper with the "Revaluation Gains" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I do deduct the FV Gains if I am not comfy with them.
Both of these are now officially part of my "Core Investments"
I will do a thread on Centum next week.

Look at you being all VVS (read fancy) 😆😆😆

Revaluation Gains & fair value gains is the same thing

https://www.accaglobal.c...nical-articles/ppe.html

Just depends on where you went to school 😬

Ericsson
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:18:04 PM

"Of key concern is the KES 1.4B loss from share of associate & JV profits (Two Rivers).
Share of profits from joint venture ksh.(1703)mn
Share of profits of associates ksh.279mn

Joint Venture is Two Rivers Mall
Ericsson
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:51:20 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
littledove wrote:

Asset stripping ongoing.
Dividends 400mn "loss"
Interest 700mn "savings"

Corporate bond of ksh.6.367bn matures in 2020.
VituVingiSana
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:34:25 PM

19.5bn from the sale of Soda Stakes.
7.5bn bond to be repaid in 2019.
10bn to be invested in PEFII.
2bn pays expenses, interest, dividend and taxes.

6.5bn to be repaid in 2020. Another asset sale is possible. Not sure what would be sold.
Or simply issue a new bond, CP or OD in 2020.