Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<155156157158159>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
wukan
#3121 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 11:43:17 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
mufasa wrote:
Venezuela might be too much of a stretch. I don't see any serious natural resource that would make the western world hell bent on controlling us or the resource.

Ours is a case (still in its infancy) of deficiency in leadership that is exacerbated with cronyism. We can nip it in the bud with one good election.

My sentiments exactly.

We can't reach Venezuela coz we are rich in a variety of resources. We are also very tolerant people.

Venezuela is awash with natural resources such as diamonds, bauxite, gold, iron ore, natural gas and petroleum and hydro-electric power. Venezuela manufactures and exports steel, aluminum, transport equipment, textiles, apparel, beverages and foodstuffs. It produces cement, tires, paper, fertilizer and assembles cars both for domestic and export markets. Our resources cannot even compared'oh! .
lochaz-index
#3122 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 12:17:02 PM

mnandii wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:
xtina wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
@mnandii, great stuff. I see the target of 2252 holding. Sub 2K will generate too much political heat

Sub 2000 is coming but perhaps next year. This is not a smash and grab type of bear...kills you softly while offering a false sense of hope. It will be an interesting run of things from all spheres here on out.

next year? you mean the time to buy is still not here but next year?

Might be longer. Most guys trying to buy stocks are hopping for a miracle but I don't see one any time soon.

Bingo! That's the problem this time round. Buying is the easy part, waiting is the tough bit. Early readings suggest a U-recovery more than anything else and patience will wear thin before a bull of any sort can be achieved save for the occasional bounces and relief rallies. It is still an uneasy calm at the moment without any form of capitulation.

The unfortunate thing is, when the right time to buy(bear bottom) finally arrives most will be passionately bearish. And even if some were of the sense to buy, the other problem is that they will be devastated financially to make a meaningful attempt.

This bear is serious business folks. I tend to see the country going the Venezuela way. Pray

Structurally, KE is very similar to Argentina than Venezuela but with a much more potent demographic time bomb. No consolations either the piper must be paid.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mufasa
#3123 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 8:24:30 PM

There seems to be no let up. Rate cap is here to stay and so is the bear. Currency correction on the way, all the while debts repayment time approaching.
More loans being launched (GoK looking for more revenue sources)
The bear is in hunting season.
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
mnandii
#3124 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:29:19 AM

Deadly Zika virus confirmed circulating in Kenya

Quote:
The deadly Zika virus, which almost marred the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil, has been detected in Kenya for the first time.

Between 2016 and 2017, some 215,319 Zika infections were reported in Brazil with 2,347 infants born with head deformities in a condition known as microcephaly.
On Friday, local researchers said they have detected 33 Zika incidents in West Pokot County and one in Turkana County, the first ever recorded in Kenya.
The team from the Ministry of Health, the Nairobi-based International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (Icipe), Kenya Medical Research Institute (Kemri) and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology want measures put in place to prevent a possible outbreak.
The researchers in the study published in Virology Journal on Friday on May 17, 2019, said they had found evidence Zika virus has been circulating undetected in human populations in West Pokot and Turkana counties.
The team led by Edith Chepkorir of Icipe was hunting for yellow fever, dengue, West Nile and Zika viruses in the two counties.

Standard Newspaper Link

Remember my warning of possible outbreak of epidemic diseases in a bear market.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
VituVingiSana
#3125 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:01:43 AM

mnandii wrote:

Quote:
The deadly Zika virus, which almost marred the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil, has been detected in Kenya for the first time.

Between 2016 and 2017, some 215,319 Zika infections were reported in Brazil with 2,347 infants born with head deformities in a condition known as microcephaly.
On Friday, local researchers said they have detected 33 Zika incidents in West Pokot County and one in Turkana County, the first ever recorded in Kenya.
The team from the Ministry of Health, the Nairobi-based International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (Icipe), Kenya Medical Research Institute (Kemri) and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology want measures put in place to prevent a possible outbreak.
The researchers in the study published in Virology Journal on Friday on May 17, 2019, said they had found evidence Zika virus has been circulating undetected in human populations in West Pokot and Turkana counties.
The team led by Edith Chepkorir of Icipe was hunting for yellow fever, dengue, West Nile and Zika viruses in the two counties.

Standard Newspaper Link

Don't epidemic diseases break out during bull or stagnant markets too?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
FUNKY
#3126 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:04:37 AM

wukan
#3127 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:44:07 PM

sparkly wrote:
hisah wrote:
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
The market has managed to claw back above the 3300 level. Will be watching closely to see what type of breakout(which I suspect is a fakeout) this is but at least now the bulls have a seat at the table as they duke it out with the bears...previously it was all bear territory. Bulls driven by the less than calamitous haircuts on banks' earnings.

This is keeping up with the global trend:US stocks retracing (European, emerging and frontier markets rallying), same as the dollar index and bond yields tanking. Markets however are fickle, all it takes is a single risk event to wipe out those gains. The more worrying scenario however which I think is the case for 2017 is that the markets are coiling before the real moves. How long this coiling occurs is the likely length of the window for this NSE20 bull and many others - likely to last no more than a few months at best.

The real move looks to be dollar up, yields up(this will be very nasty and violent) and probably US stocks up at least on the 1 year horizon. Obviously the first two trends spell doom for all of European, emerging and frontier markets(including KE). This is not a trend KE can untether itself from.

As long the coiling is taking place, NSE20 will rally but when it reverses be prepared for a bloodbath. The 2017 reversals have been an almighty effort to erase the 2016 tanking in the aftermath of Brexit.

The market is failing to form the double bottom or triple bottom which would give a solid bull. In a double bottom scenario market should have re-tested the 2700 levels to shake out the last optimists. A current rally on this pattern takes us to around 4500 around the year 2020 which coincidentally is also the around the time when most the super-tall skyscrapers top out. Enjoy the ridesmile smile

Look at the chart keenly and notice the double bottom... Think

True, double bottom of sorts if one looks at 2011/2 and 2016/7.

The alternative wave count triple bottom theory. The 2700 level re-tested to around 2645. This is an interesting area to watch the market.

Quote:
State officials have remained mum on a new appointment or renewal of the governor’s term, which is critical for policy predictability.

The governor’s term is renewable only once, in line with the law.

“You know I could spend all my day on the phone waiting for a phone call; that doesn’t help. Let me get the work done. There is so much to be done and if on that day I have to walk away from the job, that’s fine. It’s not the end of the world, the institution will remain,” said Dr Njoroge.

https://www.businessdail...116-10uwubyz/index.html

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Monk does not like speculators
Quote:
“I never worry about these things. You cannot worry about things that you can’t change. I worry more about the things that are in my control. That is the only thing that matters, and in effect in terms of speculating, I have learnt that speculation doesn’t always lead you anywhere. If anything, it raises your anxiety level and I do want my blood level to be sort of more or less same, not spiking every now and then,” he told reporters.

mnandii
#3128 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:45:01 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Quote:

Standard Newspaper Link

Don't epidemic diseases break out during bull or stagnant markets too?

Empirical evidence suggests that major outbreaks occur after markets have fallen strongly.

Socionomists have long hypothesized that major epidemics tend to occur near lows in social mood. In this groundbreaking, two-part article from 2009, Alan Hall shows that indeed, throughout history, whenever social mood grows sharply more negative, society should anticipate an outbreak of one or more epidemics that often culminate in a pandemic.

The following excerpt includes just a few of Hall’s convention-challenging insights.

Quote:
Figure 1 is a chart of inflation-adjusted U.S. stock prices dating from 1888, the year Louis Pasteur opened his laboratory and the approximate advent of germ theory, which radically improved medicine. Prior to this period, epidemic disease was far more prevalent than it is now across the entire timeline–but nonetheless it occurred a significant majority of the time during bear markets. In Figure 1, we have shaded the bear markets and marked with arrows the three periods of major U.S. epidemics, which in each case breached human defenses near the ends of social mood declines that lasted twenty years on average.

The (Sentimental) Picture of Health
In May 2003, Robert Prechter described how society’s optimism generated an attitude of entitlement:

Personal health itself is now considered a natural condition that only incompetent doctors could disrupt, as reflected in the historically unprecedented number and size of malpractice awards bestowed upon customers of doctors by U.S. courts. Whether the causes of a long term change in attitude ultimately are political or microbial, the current attitude is not likely to be maintained indefinitely. The specters of AIDS and roving nuclear weapons are two concerns that might be taken as foreshadowing, along with evidence of an extreme in the worldwide financial mania of the past few years, a major change in today’s historically high level of human health and social stability.[1]

Our analysis suggests that human health and quality of life have passed a historic pinnacle, the point from which major declines begin. Confidence and complacency are hallmarks of extremes in positive social mood. Recall that in the late 1960s—near a major peak in inflation-adjusted stock prices that held for 27 years—Surgeon General William Stewart famously declared that it was time “to close the book” on infectious disease. Yet new outbreaks have come steadily, including Legionnaire’s disease, hantavirus, West Nile virus, drug-resistant tuberculosis, AIDS, salmonella, bird flu and the threat of old diseases returning through drug-resistant bacteria and viruses.

The Rest of the Article
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#3129 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:49:06 AM

NSE gets regulator’s nod to launch derivatives market

Quote:
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) has given the Nairobi Securities Exchange the nod to launch and operate the long-awaited derivatives market, setting the stage for introduction of new products this year.

The CMA said in a statement Wednesday that it is banking on the futures market to deepen Kenya’s capital markets, where turnover and trading activity has remained flat in recent years.

Derivatives are an investment tool whose value is derived from an underlying asset like bonds, commodities, currencies, interest rates, market indexes and stocks based on the expected future price movement of the asset.

They allow investors to make a gain or hedge against losses by taking a bet on the future price movement.

The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) has been grappling with the challenges of setting up a derivatives market for years.

BD Article

Nice!
Now NSE should move in haste and open the market for us.

Also note, in time and as the bear market accelerates downwards, this derivatives market and short selling it introduces will be blamed for the market crash. This will be news in the near future smile
mnandii
#3130 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:52:15 AM

wukan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
mufasa wrote:
Venezuela might be too much of a stretch. I don't see any serious natural resource that would make the western world hell bent on controlling us or the resource.

Ours is a case (still in its infancy) of deficiency in leadership that is exacerbated with cronyism. We can nip it in the bud with one good election.

My sentiments exactly.

We can't reach Venezuela coz we are rich in a variety of resources. We are also very tolerant people.

Venezuela is awash with natural resources such as diamonds, bauxite, gold, iron ore, natural gas and petroleum and hydro-electric power. Venezuela manufactures and exports steel, aluminum, transport equipment, textiles, apparel, beverages and foodstuffs. It produces cement, tires, paper, fertilizer and assembles cars both for domestic and export markets. Our resources cannot even compared'oh! .

mnandii
#3131 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 5:47:57 AM

Real estate is unravelling as expected. Negative social mood = Bear market = Fall in real estate
mnandii
#3132 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 5:50:24 AM

wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
hisah wrote:
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
The market has managed to claw back above the 3300 level. Will be watching closely to see what type of breakout(which I suspect is a fakeout) this is but at least now the bulls have a seat at the table as they duke it out with the bears...previously it was all bear territory. Bulls driven by the less than calamitous haircuts on banks' earnings.

This is keeping up with the global trend:US stocks retracing (European, emerging and frontier markets rallying), same as the dollar index and bond yields tanking. Markets however are fickle, all it takes is a single risk event to wipe out those gains. The more worrying scenario however which I think is the case for 2017 is that the markets are coiling before the real moves. How long this coiling occurs is the likely length of the window for this NSE20 bull and many others - likely to last no more than a few months at best.

The real move looks to be dollar up, yields up(this will be very nasty and violent) and probably US stocks up at least on the 1 year horizon. Obviously the first two trends spell doom for all of European, emerging and frontier markets(including KE). This is not a trend KE can untether itself from.

As long the coiling is taking place, NSE20 will rally but when it reverses be prepared for a bloodbath. The 2017 reversals have been an almighty effort to erase the 2016 tanking in the aftermath of Brexit.

The market is failing to form the double bottom or triple bottom which would give a solid bull. In a double bottom scenario market should have re-tested the 2700 levels to shake out the last optimists. A current rally on this pattern takes us to around 4500 around the year 2020 which coincidentally is also the around the time when most the super-tall skyscrapers top out. Enjoy the ridesmile smile

The alternative wave count triple bottom theory. The 2700 level re-tested to around 2645. This is an interesting area to watch the market.

Quote:
State officials have remained mum on a new appointment or renewal of the governor’s term, which is critical for policy predictability.

“You know I could spend all my day on the phone waiting for a phone call; that doesn’t help. Let me get the work done. There is so much to be done and if on that day I have to walk away from the job, that’s fine. It’s not the end of the world, the institution will remain,” said Dr Njoroge.

Quote:
“I never worry about these things. You cannot worry about things that you can’t change. I worry more about the things that are in my control. That is the only thing that matters, and in effect in terms of speculating, I have learnt that speculation doesn’t always lead you anywhere. If anything, it raises your anxiety level and I do want my blood level to be sort of more or less same, not spiking every now and then,” he told reporters.

I see no double bottom. Instead I expect the NSE 20 share index to accelerate more downward.
wukan
#3133 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 11:57:46 AM

wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
hisah wrote:
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

4 more years. Speculators let us meet behind the tent

Quote:
“In exercise of the powers conferred to me by section 13 (2) of the Central Bank of Kenya Act, I Uhuru Kenyatta President and Commander of the Republic of Kenya Defence Forces re-appoint Patrick Ngugi Njoroge to be the governor of the Central Bank of Kenya for a period of four years with effect from the 11th June 2019,” said President Kenyatta.

Dr Njoroge, 58, will now serve until June 2023.

wukan
#3134 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 12:08:08 PM

mnandii wrote:
Real estate is unravelling as expected. Negative social mood = Bear market = Fall in real estate

High end real estate is getting torched.After the requirement for registration of expatriates things have gone south. Affordable housing will torch most middle income rentals. Landlords will be burnt to recognition.

Machakos county Mavoko
Quote:
PROPOSED MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT COMPRISING 26 BLOCKS OF 16 STOREY APARTMENTS, 2 BLOCKS OF 20 STOREY APARTMENTS AND 2 BLOCKS OF STRATA-LANDED CLUB HOUSES (TOTAL 8828 UNITS) WITH 60 COMMERCIAL SHOPS AT GROUND FLOOR OF THE 20 STOREY BUILDINGS, 1 BASEMENT CAR PARK AT EVERY BLOCK APART FROM THE CLUBHOUSE.
mufasa
#3135 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2019 8:37:51 PM

So, cash is still King (👑)?
Where's the stashed cash that demonetization was to expose? We should have started seeing the effects. Or is this a case of lip service and all the big kahunas had already turned their money to hard currencies like the dollar.
Or maybe used the money to buy out other companies like KQ, NIC, et al
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
Mucher
#3136 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 5:58:53 PM

Government is in the position to burst economy, but it can also impact negative trends in one business segments. So, I see this situation. There is regulation that is probably unfavourable for many people, this is why many decided to move this business to other areas. Who is gaining then?
mnandii
#3137 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2019 11:34:31 AM

mnandii wrote:

For wave [c] of Y (see extreme right), we have completed green labelled waves (i)(ii)(iii) and (iv). The market appears to be now falling in a fifth wave (v) and is in fact accelerating downwards.

The distance between the end of wave (iv) @ about 3070 and my upper target of 1700 appears too long which could imply that wave (v) will extend. Additionally this also raises the possibility that wave [c] of Y (and the index at large) may bottom at the upper target of 1700 and not further below.

Using Fibonacci ratios(the guideline is that wave one through to the end of wave three should be in golden ratio proportions to wave five) then:

Wave (i) to (iii) = approx. 4060 - 2745 = 1315.
Targets using this guideline are:
1. 3065 {end of wave (iv)} - (0.5 X 1315) = 2408
2. 3065 {end of wave (iv)} - (0.618 X 1315) = 2252
3. 3065 {end of wave (iv)} - (1 X 1315) = 1750 Near our other target.
4. 3065 {end of wave (iv)} - (1.618 X 1315) = 937 which is very unlikely.

Back in May, 2019
mnandii
#3138 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2019 11:36:30 AM

Mayoo! She's accelerating DOWNWARD!

And some people think that stocks are at a bargain? That it's time to buy? d'oh! Sad Pray
mnandii
#3139 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2019 11:41:40 AM

And I hear there are many distressed properties in the market now. Back in 2015s when I made a relation btw the stock market and real estate (I made a prediction that if the NSE 20 share index falls significantly then we were to expect a similar drop in real estate) no one believed.
rwitre
#3140 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2019 12:06:16 PM

mnandii wrote:
Mayoo! She's accelerating DOWNWARD!

And some people think that stocks are at a bargain? That it's time to buy? d'oh! Sad Pray

NSE slide sees dividend beat Treasury bill yields

Quote:

The prevailing yields on the 91-day, 182-day and 364-day T-bills stand at 6.59 percent, 7.37 percent and 8.99 percent respectively. NSE data shows as per Monday’s share prices, 17 firms had dividend yields that were at least matching or beating the lowest T-bill rate.

The rise in the dividend yields (dividend per share as a percentage of share price) is as a result of falling share prices at the NSE, with the benchmark NSE 20 share index trading at nine-year lows at 2646 points.
Five out of the 11 listed banks have a dividend yield that is at least higher than the lowest T-bill yield of the 91-day paper, withBarclays Kenya (10.48 percent) and Standard Chartered (9.69 percent) offering a higher yield than the one-year T-bills.
Other firms offering a dividend yield higher than the one-year T-bill include Kapchorua Tea at 10.93 percent, Williamson Tea at 12.16 percent, Nation Media Group at 10.78 percent, Umeme at 10.13 percent and Kenya Re at 11.31 percent.

ScanGroup has the highest dividend yield in the market at 34.78 percent, but this is on account of a special dividend of Sh3 per share that declared in April on top of an ordinary dividend of Sh1 per share.

Some of the firms offering high dividend yields have seen their share prices tumble in spite of recording a good financial performance. They have been dragged down by the overall bearish sentiment in the market.

As you wait to perfectly time the bottom, let the rest of us begin taking bits off the market. Laughing out loudly If it continues heading south, we'll increase buying margins. Either way, buying season is here.