wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<630631632633634>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
the deal
#12621 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:58:36 AM

nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
Kenya Airways Chief Executive Sebastian Mikosz was paid a total of Sh62.89 million last year, indicating average earnings of Sh5.2 million per month for the boss of the loss-making national carrier.

Mr Mikosz’s executive pay comprised a salary of Sh42 million, allowances worth Sh16.4 million and non-cash benefits amounting to Sh4.44 million.

The Polish citizen was hired in June 2017 to turn around the struggling airline that last year reported an after-tax loss of Sh7.5 billion, compared with Sh6.4 billion suffered in the previous year.

Listed companies are by law required to reveal the pay of their senior executives as well as directors.

The CEO’s pay stood at Sh46.69 million in 2017 during which he worked for seven months, translating into an average monthly pay of Sh6.67 million.

Somebody questioned me about this.. Well the truth is here... Its actually more btw... Ati 2.4m per month....lol

2.4? It clearly says 5.2m unless I'm seeing my own things. The pay is fair, it is not a small role

He is overpaid....right thing GoK should do is fire this mzungu...
VituVingiSana
#12622 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:44:55 AM

the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:
Kenya Airways Chief Executive Sebastian Mikosz was paid a total of Sh62.89 million last year, indicating average earnings of Sh5.2 million per month for the boss of the loss-making national carrier.

Mr Mikosz’s executive pay comprised a salary of Sh42 million, allowances worth Sh16.4 million and non-cash benefits amounting to Sh4.44 million.

The Polish citizen was hired in June 2017 to turn around the struggling airline that last year reported an after-tax loss of Sh7.5 billion, compared with Sh6.4 billion suffered in the previous year.

Listed companies are by law required to reveal the pay of their senior executives as well as directors.

The CEO’s pay stood at Sh46.69 million in 2017 during which he worked for seven months, translating into an average monthly pay of Sh6.67 million.

Somebody questioned me about this.. Well the truth is here... Its actually more btw... Ati 2.4m per month....lol

2.4? It clearly says 5.2m unless I'm seeing my own things. The pay is fair, it is not a small role

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you I sense racism here. KQ was led to its deathbed by Naikuni (CEO), Mbugua (CFO) and the late Mwaniki (Chairman). All Kenyans.
Then Ngunze took over as CEO. A poisoned chalice but I think he dug the hole deeper.
MJ was brought in as "Executive" Chairman and he looked for an experienced replacement for Ngunze.
I do not envy Mikosz, in his job, but I do envy the pay package! Drool
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
cyruskulei
#12623 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:05:43 AM

The dream is real for minority investors:
https://www.businessdail...27480-2rkhqfz/index.html
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

obiero
#12624 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:23:03 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you I sense racism here. KQ was led to its deathbed by Naikuni (CEO), Mbugua (CFO) and the late Mwaniki (Chairman). All Kenyans.
Then Ngunze took over as CEO. A poisoned chalice but I think he dug the hole deeper.
MJ was brought in as "Executive" Chairman and he looked for an experienced replacement for Ngunze.

For the complexity that is KQ, the guy should actually be paid KES 7m per month

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#12625 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:26:02 AM

the deal wrote:
Share price could start falling because of this open offer thing...how do you do an open offer at 3.70? But the good news is KQ management is atleat considerate towards minority shareholders who got diluted during the debt restructuring ....

Remember that the same is exclusive to minority shareholders thus the operative float is only 164 million KQ shares, no minority shareholder in their right mind will sell now, since their lot last traded at KES 21.7!!! It may actually reach back to the heights of KES 15 or more.. Watch and learn

Spikes
#12626 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:30:38 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

How can he be paid more and more when the company is bleeding financially YoY? Your comment clearly demonstrates your weaknesses of making sound investment decisions. The former CEO of KK used to drink water and skip lunch in order to turn around the then loss making entity. Mikoz's salary should be slashed radically.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
nairobby
#12627 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:41:45 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

How can he be paid more and more when the company is bleeding financially YoY? Your comment clearly demonstrates your weaknesses of making sound investment decisions. The former CEO of KK used to drink water and skip lunch in order to turn around the then loss making entity. Mikoz's salary should be slashed radically.

He might have been skipping lunch and all that but he was still well paid lol.
littledove
#12628 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:43:04 AM

today no supply
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#12629 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:49:09 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

Did DO "drink water and skip lunch" because he was at work over lunch hour or was it because he wasn't getting paid a salary?
BTW, I agree that the compensation structure is really screwed up in Kenya. It has started looking like the USA.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#12630 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:25:11 AM

nairobby wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

He might have been skipping lunch and all that but he was still well paid lol.

I will respond to @nairobby since clearly unlike the immediate preceding comment by the official wazua clown, you are decent.. The guy skipped lunch in an effort to swindle the shareholder. CMA caught him in the act and he forefeited all illegal gains. He should now drink water from jail in a just economy. Meanwhile, where in law does it state that a CEO of a loss making entity shall not be adequately compensated. The fact is that no KQ staff has obtained any salary increment in the last 5 years.. @maka will confirm this

obiero
#12631 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:26:52 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

Did DO "drink water and skip lunch" because he was at work over lunch hour or was it because he wasn't getting paid a salary?
BTW, I agree that the compensation structure is really screwed up in Kenya. It has started looking like the USA.

@chief vvs Don't expect a reasonable answer. Just because you see many people walking around in the CBD, don't believe all are sane. Kuna wazimu wanazuru, hadi huku wazua

VituVingiSana
#12632 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:47:02 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

@chief vvs Don't expect a reasonable answer. Just because you see many people walking around in the CBD, don't believe all are sane. Kuna wazimu wanazuru, hadi huku wazua
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
I do NOT speak in code.

DO did not give up his bonus/gains so stop spreading lies. I think those who bought shares AFTER the 25% Rubis trade were shafted by CMA.

On matters of KK, your rants do not add any value. Not back then. Not today. Those of us who were on that bus did great.

Now back to KQ. When are the next set of results out?
After all the debt that has been forgiven/reduced, will KQ make a profit?
Spikes
#12633 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:05:55 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

Are you sane buying KQ at 24/- and now you have added a few...You get disillusioned you sell to me at 2.50....When a rally sets off in town I dump to you at 15/- and run into hiding?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
BTW my CDSC account is locked and loaded
VituVingiSana
#12634 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:16:53 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

Are you sane buying KQ at 24/- and now you have added a few...You get disillusioned you sell to me at 2.50....When a rally sets off in town I dump to you at 15/- and run into hiding?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

What value do you see at 2.50?
Even if KQ raises 1.5bn, that will be lost in 3 months at the current loss run-rate.
Spikes
#12635 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:31:21 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

Even if KQ raises 1.5bn, that will be lost in 3 months at the current loss run-rate.

There's no value in this counter. I want to make smart money on speculation. I was burnt in MSC when I was new in the market.I ignored the fundamentals and got it rough. When the fundamentals are too weak in this case KQ's, due diligence(Technical Analysis ) is necessary.
obiero
#12636 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 12:59:15 PM

Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

There's no value in this counter. I want to make smart money on speculation. I was burnt in MSC when I was new in the market.I ignored the fundamentals and got it rough. When the fundamentals are too weak in this case KQ's, due diligence(Technical Analysis ) is necessary.

There is unmeasurable value in KQ. It requires understanding of the wider principles on long term investments to fully understand.. But we all know Kenyans generally do not like reading

VituVingiSana
#12637 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:18:36 PM

If the Open Offer price is 2.50
And the Offer is for 4:1
Then does it not stand
That the price of KQ shall drop
From 3.50 to 2.50?
obiero
#12638 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:34:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
If the Open Offer price is 2.50
And the Offer is for 4:1
Then does it not stand
That the price of KQ shall drop
From 3.50 to 2.50?

Basic economics of supply and demand.. Remember that no minority shareholder prior to the restructuring holds KQ at less than KES 21.5 unless they averaged down post restructuring

obiero
#12639 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:01:24 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
nairobby wrote:
maka wrote:

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
I do NOT speak in code.

DO did not give up his bonus/gains so stop spreading lies. I think those who bought shares AFTER the 25% Rubis trade were shafted by CMA.

On matters of KK, your rants do not add any value. Not back then. Not today. Those of us who were on that bus did great.

Now back to KQ. When are the next set of results out?
After all the debt that has been forgiven/reduced, will KQ make a profit?

You are not Kenol Kobil and I am not KQ.. We demand a just market. Ohana was guilty as per his own plea bargain. You only benefited from his failed agenda which led to a strong company being delisted. I compare you to a hyena that stumbles on fresh carcass. You cannot celebrate the kill, just eat in peace https://www.businessdail...993922-y89f80/index.html

ProverB
#12640 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:47:31 PM

[quote=cyruskulei]The dream is real for minority investors:
https://www.businessdail...7480-2rkhqfz/index.html[/quote]
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You can't make this stuff up. Applause Applause
Throw good money after bad money... On the basis of hope.
Hope is not an investment strategy.
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version