wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Ban on used moter vehicle parts
thuks
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:26:54 PM

hardwood wrote:
Used parts that have been banned....It now makes sense.

Quote:
tyres, tie-rod-ends, bearings, spark plugs, clutch plates, brake pads, tubes, brake hose pipes, rubber bushes, filters, pressure plates, rack ends, ball joints, brake and clutch cables among others are to be imported only as new.

This i will not read
I care!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:02:35 PM

hardwood wrote:

Quote:
tyres, tie-rod-ends, bearings, spark plugs, clutch plates, brake pads, tubes, brake hose pipes, rubber bushes, filters, pressure plates, rack ends, ball joints, brake and clutch cables among others are to be imported only as new.

If these are the specific used parts banned then I fully support. None of these things should be imported as used, who even replaces any of these parts with used ones in their vehicles
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
hardwood
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:18:03 PM

thuks wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

This i will not read

Why would anyone want to replace their air and oil filters, spark plugs, wipers, bushes, clutch or tires etc with used ones? Unless one isn't using their medulla oblongata.
Uhondo
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:14:23 PM

hardwood wrote:
Govt should also ban import of used underwear - bras, panties, boxers, and socks. They are a health risk and also lower our dignity as humans.

Wasn't that done already?

https://nairobinews.nation.co.ke...erwear-trade-despite-ban

But I guess this answers my question.
kaka2za
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:23:15 PM

hardwood wrote:
thuks wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

This i will not read

Why would anyone want to replace their air and oil filters, spark plugs, wipers, bushes, clutch or tires etc with used ones? Unless one isn't using their medulla oblongata.

The items listed here are in the 'don't touch' list of most mechanics so few people stock them.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Gathige
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:38:26 AM

hardwood wrote:
Govt should also ban import of used underwear - bras, panties, boxers, and socks. They are a health risk and also lower our dignity as humans.

@hardwood, i doubt those items are imported second hand. It would be quite disgusting
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
T-Bag
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:31:10 AM

Gathige wrote:
hardwood wrote:

@hardwood, i doubt those items are imported second hand. It would be quite disgusting

@Gathige.....they are :)

As for spare parts........engine swaps for Japanese vehicles is common, so are "nose/tail" cuts for accident vehicles...

lastly....guys import complete cars in parts and assemble them later...papers are from salvage cars....hapo Inda

Obviously this is a barbie audience..... BAN them!
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
Bigchick
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:40:59 AM

Gathige wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Sorry,they are imported.

Unfortunately,poverty has no dignity.It pushes one to levels they did not think possible.

But then again one gets good quality,designer, fashionable and pocket friendly items.smile

Some of the locally made and Chinese imported imported ones are made of fabric that does not support the intended functions.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
AlphDoti
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:17:45 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Kuleni jeuri yenu pole pole na muwache kutusumbua

Kweli kabisa!
kingfisher
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:14:15 AM

Everything segeneni should be banned! This is what has killed all our industries.

Unless we want our country / economy to remain a dumping site then all these used items need a gradual total ban.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.