wazua Wed, Aug 21, 2019
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ALIBABA to Go Public
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 11:40:14 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 7,265
Alibaba, the world's largest online market place is to go public. At > $16 Billion dollars, it will be the biggest tech IPO ever.

some of the money will be used in acquisitions which means it can only get bigger!

Let's start a discourse on this so that wazuans can decide if they will get a piece of the pie!

Alibaba Files IPO paperwork

Alibaba to change business in the US

About Alibaba.com

Alibaba.com
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
mpobiz
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 1:29:55 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/10/2010
Posts: 1,702
When is WAZUA going public?
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
mv_ufanisi
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 4:15:56 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 518
Alibaba is a giant already so it's not going to grow as fast anymore. Best case scenario would be to find a future Alibaba today and invest. Good luck :)
MaichBlack
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:27:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2009
Posts: 7,265
mv_ufanisi wrote:
Alibaba is a giant already so it's not going to grow as fast anymore. Best case scenario would be to find a future Alibaba today and invest. Good luck :)

It's a giant only in China. Outside China most people don't even know the company and hence the lack of responses to this thread!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Rankaz13
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 10:14:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/21/2013
Posts: 2,838
Location: Here
Having bought stuff from there, I say way to go and kudos to them. I found them much more flexible, responsive and willing to accomodate our (my?) peculiarities e.g. lack of credit cards for online transactions.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Mukiri
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 11:21:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,202
mpobiz wrote:
When is WAZUA going public?

@Admin relinquish power? Hawes

Proverbs 19:21
hisah
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 4:04:19 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 8/4/2010
Posts: 8,977
@maichblack - have you compared it with amazon? Check the revenues of both and the profit from the revenues. On this basis I'd call it a buy ali sell amazon/ebay as long as the listing price is not overvalued.

As for the risks, quite a lot needs to be digested now that it has opted to float in US (either on nyse or nasdaq) and bypassed hongkong due to its strict listing regulations.

http://mobile.nytimes.co...ting-in-alibabas-i-p-o/

But first, I need to see the float being listed and at what price for a better discussion on biz valuation etc. And as usual the underwriters roll call reads C,CS, GS, DB, JPM & MS.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Doombringer
#8 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:39:04 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 2/19/2019
Posts: 9
Location: France
But why do you saying it's the biggest IPO ever really. Haven't you seen something bigger than that in western countries or so or maybe in America ? I think it's not like that, but I still buy from it a lot of times and happy too see that such site exists anyway;)
Horton
#9 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:47:39 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,445
Location: Nairobi
MaichBlack wrote:
Alibaba, the world's largest online market place is to go public. At > $16 Billion dollars, it will be the biggest tech IPO ever.

some of the money will be used in acquisitions which means it can only get bigger!

Let's start a discourse on this so that wazuans can decide if they will get a piece of the pie!

Alibaba Files IPO paperwork

Alibaba to change business in the US

About Alibaba.com

Alibaba.com


Not true. Uber was the world’s biggest tech IPO at $75.5B and FB at $104B


NewMoney
#10 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 9:11:09 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 3/1/2019
Posts: 62
Location: Nairobi
Alibaba was the biggest IPO ever when it happened in 2014 and still is even after the uber IPO.

Note the amount raised during IPO is a different metric from the market cap of a company. The poster above definitely has the two mixed up
Frirenn
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:55:43 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 12/29/2018
Posts: 7
Location: Russian Federation, Moscow
That's absolutely fantastic news, I have always bought a lot of things out there and it was really the news for me out there. I hope they will only increase range of their products and their service for some good deeds, otherwise it's all dull no matter what.
alma1
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:40:25 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/19/2015
Posts: 2,486
Location: hapo
Frirenn wrote:
That's absolutely fantastic news, I have always bought a lot of things out there and it was really the news for me out there. I hope they will only increase range of their products and their service for some good deeds, otherwise it's all dull no matter what.



FYI

This wazua forum is being set up for more cambridge analytica madness very soon.

Please note the number of New Farers who have set up camp here for the past 4 months.

Most have absolutely nothing to say on anything but keep on increasing their post count. Wazua admin, be very mindful of your forum.

You have been advised.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?
Gatheuzi
#13 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 8:28:14 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/16/2009
Posts: 981
alma1 wrote:
Frirenn wrote:
That's absolutely fantastic news, I have always bought a lot of things out there and it was really the news for me out there. I hope they will only increase range of their products and their service for some good deeds, otherwise it's all dull no matter what.



FYI

This wazua forum is being set up for more cambridge analytica madness very soon.

Please note the number of New Farers who have set up camp here for the past 4 months.

Most have absolutely nothing to say on anything but keep on increasing their post count. Wazua admin, be very mindful of your forum.

You have been advised.

Whenever I read the posts, it looks like it's been typed in by a computer and not a natural being. Maybe someone is testing their program on Wazua first before going large scale.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse!
iris
#14 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 9:28:52 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/11/2014
Posts: 220
Location: Nairobi
alma1 wrote:
Frirenn wrote:
That's absolutely fantastic news, I have always bought a lot of things out there and it was really the news for me out there. I hope they will only increase range of their products and their service for some good deeds, otherwise it's all dull no matter what.



FYI

This wazua forum is being set up for more cambridge analytica madness very soon.

Please note the number of New Farers who have set up camp here for the past 4 months.

Most have absolutely nothing to say on anything but keep on increasing their post count. Wazua admin, be very mindful of your forum.

You have been advised.


@alma, happy to know you have noted it. I have been wondering about "content-free" postings which appear very similar, but under different names
Kenyan Oracle
#15 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 5:35:12 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 151
I miss the wisdom of akina Mzee Young, Stocksmaster, Guru123.
The posts back then were quite insightful
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
sparkly
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 2:02:29 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,128
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Kenyan Oracle wrote:
I miss the wisdom of akina Mzee Young, Stocksmaster, Guru123.
The posts back then were quite insightful


People disappear when bear is in town, re-surface when the bull is back. Watarudi tu
Life is short. Live passionately.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.