wazua Sat, May 11, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What new taxes are coming soon?
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 9:01:03 AM

After wasting billions on travel, samosas and SGR, we will need to raise taxes to repay the Chinese shylocks.

What taxes do you see being introduced?

I feel the following:

- Capital gains tax on land deals is a MUST, regardless of what the Royal Family feel

- Tax on cash withdrawals at banks, mpesa agencies etc. This is to loop in the weekend harambee crowd
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
2Czar
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:01:25 PM

Are you pro at that ? If so how much are we currently paying on land deals ? Is it too low already and what do you mean about cash withdrawls at the banks ? You mean increasing ATM withdraw comission probably, correct ? How much is that now ? I bet it's fine.
limanika
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:42:54 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
After wasting billions on travel, samosas and SGR, we will need to raise taxes to repay the Chinese shylocks.

What taxes do you see being introduced?

I feel the following:

- Capital gains tax on land deals is a MUST, regardless of what the Royal Family feel

- Tax on cash withdrawals at banks, mpesa agencies etc. This is to loop in the weekend harambee crowd

Expect more indirect taxes going forward like PPP projects- e.g. Nairobi - Msa express way, JKIA - Waiyaki Way Express Way. The mwananchi will pay to use the roads. Its in the news today, Govt hopes to use the PPP model to avoid ballooning debt. However from where I sit this is zero sum game. Money will still leave the economy. Its an indirect tax
Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:13:06 PM

The PPP taxes are good idea as they they support maintenance of the relevant infrastructure. Let us pay for a better tomorrow of our next generation. Jubilee ideas are very good and they have really developed the needed infrastructures over the 7 year period they have governed us.

I like their sema na kutenda system.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
limanika
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 8:12:08 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
The PPP taxes are good idea as they they support maintenance of the relevant infrastructure. Let us pay for a better tomorrow of our next generation. Jubilee ideas are very good and they have really developed the needed infrastructures over the 7 year period they have governed us.

Laughing out loudly I will take that as sarcasm. If they want to engage in PPP then there should be serious public participation during project planning...you can't wake up one day and tell people 'you'll be paying to use this road every day for next 30yrs' What if they refuse to pay???? Has jubilee govt done any master plan to know what are the priority projects for next 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 yrs or they want to do all projects whose capacity Kenya will need next 1000yrs all at once? What happened to vision 2030?
nairobby
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:00:55 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Surely you must be joking about Jubilee having good ideas?