wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How to win government tenders
mawinder
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:05:47 AM

C&P
How to win government tenders

This document contains tips on how to improve your chances of successfully bidding for government tenders.
The following are common mistakes made when tendering:
1. Always provide all of the information requested by in the tender application. Do not forget things like your tax clearance certificate and shareholding certificates. Note: out-dated tax clearance certificates are also not allowed.
2. It is important that the calculations of tender prices are correct.
3. Often, tenderers misinterpret the scope of the work. If you are unsure of anything in the tender ASK!
4. Always SIGN your bid document. Unsigned documents are unresponsive and will therefore be disqualified.
5. If you are an HDI, remember to claim your points. Points unclaimed are points lost!
6. Make sure that you drop the tender into the right box, before the closing time. By law, no late bids will be accepted, not even 1 second past the closing time.
7. If samples are requested, sufficient amounts must be supplied to enable the item to be evaluated under the appropriate technical or clinical conditions. Ensure that any requirements related to compliance with SABS specifications are met.
Tips from the procurement officials:
1. Always read through the bid documents carefully.
2. Complete the document in full.
3. Do a proper cost analysis when calculating your bid prices. Bids calculated too high or too low are considered unresponsive.
4. Inquire about the bid and obtain all the relevant information before completing the tender document.
5. Feel free to ask why you were unsuccessful so that you may learn from mistakes made.
6. Make sure that you are able to meet all the requirements within the specified time and are able to honor your offer in the event that your bid is successful.
7. Do not make any misrepresentations or false statements in your bid documentation. It is a legal document and therefore enforceable by law.
8. Quality services and products will improve your track record and good standing with the department. Poor delivery creates a negative impression not only for your business but for all small businesses in general.

HOW TO COMPLETE A TENDER OR BID
Each tender or bid advert indicates where you can collect the documents you will need to fill in to submit your tender, and where they should be submitted. The advert also indicates a closing date. This is a very firm deadline - no late tenders can be accepted.

HOW TENDERS OR BIDS ARE AWARDED
• The bidder obtaining the highest number of points will be awarded the contract.
• Preference points shall be calculated after prices have been brought to a comparative basis.
• Points scored will be rounded off to 2 decimal places.
• In the event of equal points scored, the bid will be awarded to the bidder scoring the highest number of points for specified goals.
What this means in practice, is the following. After the closing date, an elementary check is done on all the tenders submitted to see if they comply with the formal requirements. For example, if you have not indicated a price, your tender will be disqualified.
Smaller mistakes or omissions may or may not disqualify you from the tender process; this is a question of interpretation of the tender rules. For example, if the rules say "may disqualify" rather than "must disqualify" for a specific mistake, it is up to the official doing the check to decide whether the mistake is important enough to this tender to disqualify you.
The next phase looks at compliance of the product or services with the specifications, and price. Those which do not comply with the specifications are removed from the list, while all the tenders which comply with the specifications are listed in order of price. Those that fall in the lowest price group are then considered in a lowest price tender list.
It is in this phase that the preference points come into play. All the preference points claimed by those on the list of lowest price tenders are first verified. Then the formula is applied to determine who of those on the lowest price list with verifiable points come out with the best result on points, and therefore who should be awarded the contract.
In other words, preference points only come into play after the most expensive tenders have first been excluded. This is to ensure that the most expensive options do not win solely on points, and also to speed up the process, as only those on the lowest price list have their preference points verified.
The Tender Bulletin shows who has won previous tenders, listing the price and other factors taken into account in awarding the tender.
a4architect.com
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:14:28 PM

it should be
step 1. know the AIE holder and have a discussion with him
Step 2. Know the procurement officer involved and discuss
Step 3. Fill in the document and voila..you win the tender.

The public procurement and disposal act 2005 has been mastered to the letter by the Authority ot Incure Expenditure AIE Holder and the procurement officer. All you need are these 2 people on your side. A third one you need to know is the chairman of the tender commitee or the DC and you are good to go.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
oltome
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:37:28 PM

on the same, what do u do when kra is after you for not filing tax returns for a company that you have registered but has not been in operation?? thus they cannot give me the compliance certificate i remember there was a thread that discussed this issue but i cant seem to locate it...kindly help a brother
washiku
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:01:23 PM

always do returns, hata kama ni zero profits
oltome
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:10:15 AM

i didn't know that before and like i said the company hasn't been in operation now they are on my neck claiming arrears!!
mawinder
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:23:55 PM

oltome wrote:
i didn't know that before and like i said the company hasn't been in operation now they are on my neck claiming arrears!!

Go to the parking behind the Deputy President's office or Canon House and talk to the brokers there.In two hours and 15k you should be sorted,No need of paying all the taxes and penalties.
Euge
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:34:04 AM

mawinder wrote:
oltome wrote:

Go to the parking behind the Deputy President's office or Canon House and talk to the brokers there.In two hours and 15k you should be sorted,No need of paying all the taxes and penalties.

Asi? True Mawinder?smile
Lord, thank you!
Lolest!
#8 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 4:51:33 PM

Is there a special process for the 30% youth tenders?Drool
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
muganda
#9 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 5:20:26 PM

Speaking of Government Tenders,
When all is said and done, I hope there is skill to offer
Otherwise you become a tenderpreneur

Kenya’s ‘tenderpreneurs’ are killing its entrepreneurs`
http://www.sunwords.com/2013/09...lling-its-entrepreneurs/
Lolest!
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:33:46 AM

muganda wrote:
Speaking of Government Tenders,
When all is said and done, I hope there is skill to offer
Otherwise you become a tenderpreneur

Kenya’s ‘tenderpreneurs’ are killing its entrepreneurs`
http://www.sunwords.com/2013/09...lling-its-entrepreneurs/

Applause Applause Applause Applause thought provoking!!
Lolest!
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:54:26 PM

Be careful, else you meet the fate of this man who went to collect his 9M bribe refund from a Kilifi county gvt employee & ended up dead
https://www.nation.co.ke...65224-hptk1o/index.html

mawinder
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:11:32 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Be careful, else you meet the fate of this man who went to collect his 9M bribe refund from a Kilifi county gvt employee & ended up dead

I offer security consultancy and services
hardwood
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:55:45 PM

mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

I offer security consultancy and services

How is your road building huko mashinani doing?