wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
HFCK FY 2018
littledove
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 8:10:20 AM

https://www.the-star.co.ke/amp/business/2019-04-02-landlords-stare-at-empty-rooms-as-demand-drops/
A spot check by the Star in Nairobi saw empty residential houses in Lavington, empty serviced apartments along General Mathenge Road in Westlands and empty rental spaces in malls along Thika Superhighway.

There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
mnandii
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 8:15:07 AM

littledove wrote:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/amp/business/2019-04-02-landlords-stare-at-empty-rooms-as-demand-drops/
A spot check by the Star in Nairobi saw empty residential houses in Lavington, empty serviced apartments along General Mathenge Road in Westlands and empty rental spaces in malls along Thika Superhighway.

Sorry. And it will get worse as long as the NSE 20 share index is gropping for a bottom. Keep hard cash under your mattress.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
lochaz-index
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 8:57:31 AM

What is the all time low price for this counter? The bailout line is getting pretty long.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
nairobby
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 10:18:22 AM

Did short selling begin at the NSE? I would short this bad boy till it bled to death. Housing is suffering FY19 will be worse.
wukan
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 12:31:44 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
What is the all time low price for this counter? The bailout line is getting pretty long.

I'm glad I didn't hesitate. I sold out took my losses and invested in better places.

I can see the bailout line from KMRC is being prepared. The house always wins.

Quote:
For this reason, the National Treasury is contributing to the Affordable Housing Pillar of the BIG 4 Agenda by supporting the creation of a lending facility (the Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company) to provide longer-term funds for banks and Saccos for residential mortgages in Kenya. The Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company (KMRC) will provide secure funding to mortgage lenders so that they can offer more mortgages at lower prices.
https://www.businessdail...51918-yyvjv9/index.html

littledove
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 12:36:27 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

I'm glad I didn't hesitate. I sold out took my losses and invested in better places.

Quote:
For this reason, the National Treasury is contributing to the Affordable Housing Pillar of the BIG 4 Agenda by supporting the creation of a lending facility (the Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company) to provide longer-term funds for banks and Saccos for residential mortgages in Kenya. The Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company (KMRC) will provide secure funding to mortgage lenders so that they can offer more mortgages at lower prices.

KMRC will be a direct competitor to housing finance, hammering the last nail to the coffin
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
wukan
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 12:50:57 PM

littledove wrote:
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Quote:

KMRC will be a direct competitor to housing finance, hammering the last nail to the coffin

Nope KMRC is a different animal from a mortgage company-it's a mortgage refinancer. KMRC can buy out the entire loan book from HF repackage it into long-term bonds and sell the bonds to pension schemes or investors who have a long term horizon. HF will then have a clean slate to start lending again. Problem with HF is borrowing short term funds to lend long-term. KMRC will borrow long-term to finance mortgage companies.
doubletap
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 11:21:56 PM

Anyone with the low down on what ails this company? What lies in the horizon are they not selling houses or what's up with mortgages? Anyone
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
obiero
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 1:52:24 AM

doubletap wrote:
Anyone with the low down on what ails this company? What lies in the horizon are they not selling houses or what's up with mortgages? Anyone

High NPL and reduced lending, implying high provisions expense and low interest income respectively. The firm has however started
aggressive offload of houses at 30% discount which should claw back some losses. It has also launched into retail banking on the financial supermarket model

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
jmbada
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 2:47:06 PM

obiero wrote:
doubletap wrote:

High NPL and reduced lending, implying high provisions expense and low interest income respectively. The firm has however started
aggressive offload of houses at 30% discount which should claw back some losses. It has also launched into retail banking on the financial supermarket model

What financial supermarket model?
doubletap
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 8:07:39 PM

obiero wrote:
doubletap wrote:

Always thought there houses were on the higher side in terms of price and finishing.
Houses for sale are this prices already discounted?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
cyruskulei
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 9:42:32 AM

doubletap wrote:
obiero wrote:
doubletap wrote:

Always thought there houses were on the higher side in terms of price and finishing.

It appears they have proposed a bonus of 1:1.

https://www.nse.co.ke/li...meeting-for-hf-group-plc
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 9:54:12 AM

cyruskulei wrote:
doubletap wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=doubletap]Anyone with the low down on what ails this company? What lies in the horizon are they not selling houses or what's up with mortgages? Anyone

https://www.nse.co.ke/li...eeting-for-hf-group-plc[/quote]

Not really,the shares may be created in preparation of an upcoming rights issue or sale to a strategic investor.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 10:53:41 AM

Ericsson wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
doubletap wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=doubletap]Anyone with the low down on what ails this company? What lies in the horizon are they not selling houses or what's up with mortgages? Anyone

https://www.nse.co.ke/li...eeting-for-hf-group-plc[/quote]

Not really,the shares may be created in preparation of an upcoming rights issue or sale to a strategic investor.

That is just creation of shares for future use, rights issue most likely, or bought by a 'strategic' partner next likely ...... hakuna bonus hapo smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Fyatu
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 11:18:32 AM

To imagine that some wazuans overbought the rights issue of this monkey at a whooping kshs.30 just the other day in 2015 makes me derive solace for my errors @ARMcement
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Ericsson
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 1:30:37 PM

Fyatu wrote:
To imagine that some wazuans overbought the rights issue of this monkey at a whooping kshs.30 just the other day in 2015 makes me derive solace for my errors @ARMcement

And then be told to subscribe to another rights issue
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 1:33:58 PM

Fyatu wrote:

But we lost 100%, if nothing comes of the current bidding process for shareholders, and HFCK shareholders have only lost 80%-90?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Fyatu
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 1:58:49 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

But we lost 100%, if nothing comes of the current bidding process for shareholders, and HFCK shareholders have only lost 80%-90?

I am optimistic we will get something from ARM. Rhino is already retailing huku mashinani.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 2:36:05 PM

Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

I am optimistic we will get something from ARM. Rhino is already retailing huku mashinani.
That is good news. Bondholders may get something but I am not too sure about shareholders.
I have provisioned my ARM shares so anything we get will be a pure profit. I would like this to be over ASAP. The shares show up on my myStocks account but at Shs 0.00 = Value 0.00 as should be.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:17:56 PM

Fyatu wrote:

HF story of potential, success was discussed here...

Diamond in the Ruff

Their problem was overdistributing profits to shareholders knowing well their profits were driven by debt.

Insufficient reserves retained for the proverbial rainy day.
Life is short. Live passionately.