wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
iTAX tax filing and payment
Caveman
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:19:25 PM

sl8r wrote:
@sparky please show me how to file zero returns for a limited company before this 10K penalty bites me in the backside. Step by step, Ive never done it before. Everything else is confirmed to be okay. I have a corporate tax obligation.

Go to their website, there is a You tube video guide.
In the excel sheet you will download, don't input anything if you are filing zero returns. Just verify it and upload the zip file.
westkate
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:12:29 PM

why am i getting this error page evrytime i want to login to the kra portal
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

www.kra.go.ke
Thu Nov 20 13:11:56 2014
Apache/2.2.12 (Linux/SUSE)
Caveman
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:01:50 PM

westkate wrote:
why am i getting this error page evrytime i want to login to the kra portal
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

www.kra.go.ke
Thu Nov 20 13:11:56 2014
Apache/2.2.12 (Linux/SUSE)

Try this. Top right there is 'itax videos'
https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
sparkly
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:18:53 PM

sl8r wrote:
@sparky please show me how to file zero returns for a limited company before this 10K penalty bites me in the backside. Step by step, Ive never done it before. Everything else is confirmed to be okay. I have a coprorate tax obligation.

Go to KRA website, login through the itax portal (you will see a large itax banner), update your ipage details (telephone, email, address etc) if not already done so. Re-login using password provided (sent by email to your email account). Choose to file return, enter the type of return as income tax and the year. On creating return an excel workbook is created and downloaded to your comp. Fill the form and click "validate". Validated form is saved in zipped folder. Upload the form to itax.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sl8r
#25 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 10:57:30 PM

sparkly wrote:
sl8r wrote:
@sparky please show me how to file zero returns for a limited company before this 10K penalty bites me in the backside. Step by step, Ive never done it before. Everything else is confirmed to be okay. I have a coprorate tax obligation.

Go to KRA website, login through the itax portal (you will see a large itax banner), update your ipage details (telephone, email, address etc) if not already done so. Re-login using password provided (sent by email to your email account). Choose to file return, enter the type of return as income tax and the year. On creating return an excel workbook is created and downloaded to your comp. Fill the form and click "validate". Validated form is saved in zipped folder. Upload the form to itax.

Thanks sparkyLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly got all the info. I got a dialog box saying that any returns from 5 nov 14 (the official effective date) to 31 dec 14 should be filed after 01 jan 2015. Does this mean I only file returns once annually?
sparkly
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:37:54 AM

sl8r wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sl8r wrote:

Thanks sparkyLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly got all the info. I got a dialog box saying that any returns from 5 nov 14 (the official effective date) to 31 dec 14 should be filed after 01 jan 2015. Does this mean I only file returns once annually?

Annual return is filed once an year, after the year ends. Wait for year to end to file the 2014 return. To file 2013 or earlier you will need to ask KRA to change the effective date.
sl8r
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:07:19 PM

So the monthly return doesnt apply to me then yes? unless I charge VAT, right?
sl8r
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:08:56 PM

sparkly wrote:
sl8r wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sl8r wrote:

Annual return is filed once an year, after the year ends. Wait for year to end to file the 2014 return. To file 2013 or earlier you will need to ask KRA to change the effective date.

So the monthly return does not apply to me then yes? unless I charge VAT to my clients. Correct?
sparkly
#29 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 9:10:54 AM

sl8r wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sl8r wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sl8r wrote:

So the monthly return does not apply to me then yes? unless I charge VAT to my clients. Correct?

If you are registered for the VAT obligation, you must file a monthly VAT return even if you don't make any sales in that month. You can deactivate the VAT obligations if you registered by mistake.
mungaits
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 12:15:20 PM

Hi @sparkly, kindly share your email, need to reach out for some tax advice. Asante