wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<34567>»
Why dustbowl is the future
hardwood
#81 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:12:10 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
I have been thinking about this "dustbowl is the future" thing but the more i look at it the more I now think that dustbowl IS NOT the future. If you have some cash it is better to put it in a developed area where you are guaranteed of instant returns and growth in value. Eg a 3m erdemann property in mombasa rd will instantly start giving you 30k rental income each month. And if you can afford an apartment in lavington, kilimani etc its even better as you will immediately starting earning at least 80k rent and also the value of your property will go up exponentially since all the newly minted millionaires want to live there - so the demand for rentals or houses for sale is always high, and that demand is by people who have deep pockets. Even a suraya bedsitter huko ngong road or a kirinyaga rd bedsitter will give you good returns.

But putting your cash in some hyena infested dustbowl bushland and praying for the city to expand towards your direction may not be a wise investment decision. One it is very difficult to resell such a property and also there are so many such plots that the prices remain depressed. Developing such a property for rentals, house for sale or farming will not work. Basically it's literally throwing your money into the bush while you suffer repaying sacco loans. The only one who makes money in those settings is the one who subdivides the land and sells to you, he makes his millions and leaves you holding "useless plots" in the middle of nowhere.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You are even more delusional than kina Wukan my broda. Please rethink your crumbling insha and repost. Ati buy a tattered 3br apartment the size of a matchbox on MSA road where tenants will live like campus students with no oxygen and sunlight or greenery and where water will not reach the upper floors and service charge enslaves you for life as opposed to DC where you can by a huge plot and start building your grand maisonette for the same price? You gots to be kuraazy dude! Laughing out loudly

Of what use is it sinking millions in burotis that you can't resell, can't build on, live on or farm on? Basically it's dead capital. Your only hope is that sometime in >20yrs the area might open up and someone may buy your property. That cash if invested in an apartment would give you better returns.
wukan
#82 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:16:55 PM

Quote:
What you have not addressed is the urban inner-city decay happening in Ngara that has turned it into a glorified slum of sorts that is getting worse by the day!

Urban inner-city decay in Kenyad'oh! d'oh! . Those are American city concepts where the whites didn't want to live next to blacks. Cleaning up streets is a very easy job-Edermann has done it with Musindi road and Jadongo road and now building a connecting bridge to Grogan road then connecting to Kirinyaga road. Kipande road used to be a shitty street now look at it.

The vibrancy of the streets does not indicate inner-city decay, it is an indication of economic opportunities. All those street vendors would not be there if they are not making money. There are a lot of streets like that even in Hong Kong. Property owners in that Ngara area are not fools to have "Not for sale" signs on their buildings. They are patiently waiting to cash out like KK shareholders.

Another fascinating area of the city is the Ngong road area that area around Adams Arcade, Suna road. Lots of potential.

MugundaMan
#83 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:36:25 PM

hardwood wrote:

Of what use is it sinking millions in burotis that you can't resell, can't build on, live on or farm on? Basically it's dead capital. Your only hope is that sometime in >20yrs the area might open up and someone may buy your property. That cash if invested in an apartment would give you better returns.

What planet is this delusional guy living on smh d'oh!
Definitely not planet earth nor DC where all these activities are occurring daily with gusto smile

MugundaMan
#84 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:46:34 PM

wukan wrote:
Quote:
What you have not addressed is the urban inner-city decay happening in Ngara that has turned it into a glorified slum of sorts that is getting worse by the day!

Urban inner-city decay in Kenyad'oh! d'oh! . Those are American city concepts where the whites didn't want to live next to blacks. Cleaning up streets is a very easy job-Edermann has done it with Musindi road and Jadongo road and now building a connecting bridge to Grogan road then connecting to Kirinyaga road. Kipande road used to be a shitty street now look at it.

The vibrancy of the streets does not indicate inner-city decay, it is an indication of economic opportunities. All those street vendors would not be there if they are not making money. There are a lot of streets like that even in Hong Kong. Property owners in that Ngara area are not fools to have "Not for sale" signs on their buildings. They are patiently waiting to cash out like KK shareholders.

Another fascinating area of the city is the Ngong road area that area around Adams Arcade, Suna road. Lots of potential.

Yes you are right. Ngara is a utopian paradise with no blight, no urban decay and no deteriorating/empty buildings Laughing out loudly
Good luck with your investments there (if any) smile
hardwood
#85 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:53:53 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Definitely not planet earth nor DC where all these activities are occurring daily with gusto smile

Can someone kindly advice those slay queens before they buy some useless bush.

wukan
#86 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:55:11 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
wukan wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Ngong stadium phase 1 to be completed by May at long last! Applause
Roadside hawkers - gone
Largest market in East and central Africa - under construction
Stadium - being built
At this rate I might have to rebaptize Ngong as the new Jewel in the Crown instead of Kitengela smile Dancing
Either way may both towns boom to the skies!

http://countypress.co.ke...ioUpySx9WYKxiG35TbL4jms

Ngong will do much better because of the Kisii-they have a tenacity for business and starting to dominate Ngong, the new shorter route to Kisii through Ngong will work wonders for this town.

Let me pose a question to you ? What drives a town or city ? My answer, the economic activity surrounding it. This in turn determines the purchasing power of the residents. All the top cement factories (7 of them) and steel factories operate from Kitengela. I don't any other town where a pub is full on a Monday afternoon.

There is more cash in Kitengela than all other towns in Kenya save for the top 4 i.e. NRB,MSA,KSM & NKR. I have my doubts whether NKR & KSM can beat Kitengela.

Ongata Rongai is a short 20KM away from the CBD. Kitengela is 32km. Rongai has 4 established universities i.e. Catholic, Nazarene, Multi-media and Adventist. It is the closest we have to a university town, but it will never get the kind of money that flows in Kitengela.

Back to your Ngong, what does it have to offer ?

Cities are competing on lifestyle, urban networks and hinterlands. Modern cities do not process goods like industrial cities they process money, information and technology. No one wants smelly dusty factories near their city. The service sector is the biggest provider of jobs. Most people who have made it legitimately in Nairobi have started in the downtown area. That's where the Kiambu and Murang'a boys made it big. Why?-urban networks. Which factories do you see there?

Ongata Rongai is an utterly disorganized town. It was great buy in the 90s for speculative purposes.

Buy properties with a 20 year future horizon not with a rear view mirror. Ngong on a 20 year horizon is a much better buy it has a very rich hinterland all the way to Narok to Kisii establishing an important trading route to Nairobi. Same way Eastleigh has hinterland all the way to Mogadishu, Ethiopia and Arabia. What's the hinterland of Kitengela? It mostly pulls people from Nyeri and Machakos who are not very enterprising folks.

MugundaMan
#87 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:15:20 PM

hardwood wrote:

Can someone kindly advice those slay queens before they buy some useless bush.

And what about these plot owners from Kitengela. What would someone "advice" them to do?

Fyatu
#88 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:17:23 PM

The rate at which we are decimating natural habitats for wildlife in the name of human settlement at DC and not giving guarantee that Kitengela or other fastgrowing DC towns will not soon become another Githurai Kimbo or Mwiki "surburb" leaves a lot to be desired. Soon and very soon Kenyans will be driving/flying to Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana to view wildlife and will pay dearly for this luxury. I have nothing against investing in land in DC either for speculation,building own house or rentals. What i am worried about is the un-controlled way we are going about it.

I have asked this question before hapa hapa wazua....how comes tiny nations in terms of geographical area e.g., the UK have managed to plan their land use so well that you never come across a Githurai Kimbo, Mavoko kind of urban settlements in these countries and yet they have a population double ours? Do they sub-divide land into (100 X 50) or even (66 X 33) in Uganda? Has the (66 X 33) madness set in DC? Or worst still (25 X 50) that i recently saw in Githurai?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#89 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:22:43 PM

Fyatu wrote:
The rate at which we are decimating natural habitats for wildlife in the name of human settlement at DC and not giving guarantee that Kitengela or other fastgrowing DC towns will not soon become another Githurai Kimbo or Mwiki "surburb" leaves a lot to be desired. Soon and very soon Kenyans will be driving/flying to Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana to view wildlife and will pay dearly for this luxury. I have nothing against investing in land in DC either for speculation,building own house or rentals. What i am worried about is the un-controlled way we are going about it.

I have asked this question before hapa hapa wazua....how comes tiny nations in terms of geographical area e.g., the UK have managed to plan their land use so well that you never come across a Githurai Kimbo, Mavoko kind of urban settlements in these countries and yet they have a population double ours? Do they sub-divide land into (100 X 50) or even (66 X 33) in Uganda? Has the (66 X 33) madness set in DC? Or worst still (25 X 50) that i recently saw in Githurai?

My fears are driven by a googlemap analysis of Kitengela town as can be seen fom the link below:

KITENGELA MAP
MugundaMan
#90 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:27:51 PM

Fyatu wrote:

Fyatu, you must never have visited UK slums (pic one below) or US ghettos (pic 2 below). My friend you go there and you will say afadhali to run back to Githurai or Mwiki. some of these Western slum houses sit on less than 20x20.

Kitengela is well planned. Kajiado county spatial plan has also put a rein on funny subdivisions below 50x100 which are almost non-existent in DC. Even 50x100s are restricted to certain urban zones alone. Ati you are scared for the wildlife Laughing out loudly. There is a reason why we have huge game parks, conservancies and National Parks baba. DC has no shortage of all three.
Fyatu
#91 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:32:34 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Fyatu, you must never have visited UK slums (pic one below) or US ghettos (pic 2 below). My friend you go there and you will say afadhali to run back to Githurai or Mwiki. some of these Western slum houses sit on less than 20x20.

Kitengela is well planned. Kajiado county spatial plan has also put a rein on funny subdivisions below 50x100 which are almost non-existent in DC. Even 50x100s are restricted to certain urban zones alone. Ati you are scared for the wildlife Laughing out loudly. There is a reason why we have huge game parks, conservancies and National Parks baba. DC has no shortage of all three.

I am happy to hear this. I hope other counties are also serious about urban planning and development of scalable cities
hardwood
#92 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:57:32 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

My fears are driven by a googlemap analysis of Kitengela town as can be seen fom the link below:

KITENGELA MAP

Alot of new stand-alone house developments in major towns in australia and elsewhere are on less than 50x100 plots (ie < 450m2) where the houses fill nearly the whole plot. Some are smaller than 40x80ft. So were are not alone.

https://www.news.com.au/...af237e1de7591af8ccc6b90

https://www.propertyolog...k-thing-past-city-folk/

https://www.abc.net.au/n...metres-in-perth/8287902

NewMoney
#93 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 7:36:03 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Well, the guy is not delusional, I can back all his claims with solid data and experience.
Fyatu
#94 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 8:46:39 PM

hardwood wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

KITENGELA MAP

Alot of new stand-alone house developments in major towns in australia and elsewhere are on less than 50x100 plots (ie < 450m2) where the houses fill nearly the whole plot. Some are smaller than 40x80ft. So were are not alone.

https://www.news.com.au/...af237e1de7591af8ccc6b90

https://www.propertyolog...k-thing-past-city-folk/

https://www.abc.net.au/n...metres-in-perth/8287902

very insightful reads you have posted here @hardwood. The houses look like our own Banda homes. Personally, i prefer big space and always on the lookout for 1/4's even though 1/8 is not as bad as long as there is controlled development.
MugundaMan
#95 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 8:50:09 PM

NewMoney wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Well, the guy is not delusional, I can back all his claims with solid data and experience.

Please do smile
Munching my popcorn as I eagerly await your response..
MugundaMan
#96 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 7:48:28 AM

Hip hip, hooray! DC goes digital. It is becoming very difficult to keep up with all the good news coming out of DC jameni. It used to be easy in the past but now DC is making me sweat posting new updates of sweet news every day.
No more queues! All bills paid from the comfort of your bedroom while sipping masala chai with tasty mahamri Dancing
Kudos to Lenku for this power move Applause

*287#
#KajiadoRising
#DustbowlIsTheFuture
MugundaMan
#97 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:09:58 AM

You simply CANNOT build on DC plots. Never! It's impossible I tell you!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

As I said. What planet are these ferras living on? Laughing out loudly
As Jeff would say, you can't make this stuff up about delusions such as these

sparkly
#98 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:20:24 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

Hip hip, hooray! DC goes digital. It is becoming very difficult to keep up with all the good news coming out of DC jameni. It used to be easy in the past but now DC is making me sweat posting new updates of sweet news every day.
No more queues! All bills paid from the comfort of your bedroom while sipping masala chai with tasty mahamri Dancing
Kudos to Lenku for this power move Applause

*287#
#KajiadoRising
#DustbowlIsTheFuture

Mpesa has reached DC. No further comments.
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#99 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:25:10 AM

sparkly wrote:

Wivu will kill you my broda Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Hebu post the platform the County where your village is uses for comparison purposes smile
Angelica _ann
#100 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:33:36 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Wivu will kill you my broda Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Hebu post the platform the County where your village is uses for comparison purposes smile

http://www.homabay.go.ke...ize-revenue-collection/

Kitambo sana!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen