Hip hip - hooray!
God bless devolution
Hip hip - hooray!
God bless Gov Lenku and his team
Hip hip - hooray!

Ever forward never backward!
tinker
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2019 10:33:15 AM

Ngong town hawkers/soko smart all cleared by county Govt.
New soko stalls constructed near stadium grounds.

I never knew that Ngong was this beautiful.

Kajiado North raising.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
MugundaMan
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2019 10:54:23 AM

tinker wrote:

Kajiado North raising.

@tinker Applause
I said it some time back. It will take very little in terms of a few changes implemented to get Ngong giving Kitengela a serious run for its money. Ngong is more scenic (with its rolling hills), less congested, better planned but that clutter of roadside hawkers, poor drainage and roads in the CBD were what were holding it back. The day you will know Ngong has arrived is the day we will see a Java and a Stanchart full scale branch hapo smile
They only open branches where urbane middle class has reached critical mass and Ngong is just a sneeze away from reaching there. I have to hand it over to whoever is in charge of the town. The changes I have seen just in the past 12 months alone including the roads around the bus park have been commendable.
wukan
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2019 11:54:38 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:

Kajiado North raising.

@tinker Applause
I said it some time back. It will take very little in terms of a few changes implemented to get Ngong giving Kitengela a serious run for its money. Ngong is more scenic (with its rolling hills), less congested, better planned but that clutter of roadside hawkers, poor drainage and roads in the CBD were what were holding it back. The day you will know Ngong has arrived is the day we will see a Java and a Stanchart full scale branch hapo smile
They only open branches where urbane middle class has reached critical mass and Ngong is just a sneeze away from reaching there. I have to hand it over to whoever is in charge of the town. The changes I have seen just in the past 12 months alone including the roads around the bus park have been commendable.

Saitoti did a lot to ensure that Ngong was well planned and fighting off the land grabbers. Ngong didn't end up like Rongai and Kitengela. Lenku is also doing a commendable job but Ngong needs a local board it has already attained population threshold for municipality.

In charge of Ngong town is David Kuntai Kobaai
MugundaMan
#45 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 5:44:05 PM

wukan wrote:

Saitoti did a lot to ensure that Ngong was well planned and fighting off the land grabbers. Ngong didn't end up like Rongai and Kitengela. Lenku is also doing a commendable job but Ngong needs a local board it has already attained population threshold for municipality.

In charge of Ngong town is David Kuntai Kobaai

Asante sana for this lovely info my braddah! Hip hip hooray to Ngong being elevated to municipality juzi:
https://countypress.co.k...ated-to-municipalities/

We now want to see the KURA bulldozers, graders and tarmacking machineries invading roads in and around Ngong like swarms of flies in an unkempt butchery.Dancing

I took some pics of the "New Ngong" right after the hawkers were all cleared jana. County trucks were still removing the remnant kiosks and furious activity (excavators, fencing, bulldozers etc) were at work at the new market site. Once the rubbish is removed and greeneries are planted Ngong CBD will be super beautiful. But we need more modern buildings there jameni and proper link/feeder roads withing the CBD (hata kama ni cabro). Some of these buildings look very run down and dated and cannot attract quality commercial tenants that will add to Ngong's coming boom.

There is no reason why Ngong CBD cannot look like any other world class small town CBD (below)and become a model town for others in Kenya! Na haihitaji pesa mingi. Over to you bwanas David, Manje and Lenku!

S.Mutaga III
#46 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2019 7:55:50 PM

As much as I would like to oppose Mugundaman, there is some truth in Kajiado having great opportunities for land speculators. I cannot disagree with that because it is a fact. The only problem with Mugundaman is that he believes there is only one way of making money (land speculation).
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
MugundaMan
#47 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 11:24:10 AM

Report from 3 months ago.."The market will be the largest in East and Central Africa.". Remember that this means it will be larger than anything seen anywhere in mighty Nairobi, Champarra, Dar-Es-Salaam and Kinshasa! And all this where else but in Dustbowl County Rising
Dancing Dancing

Chaka
#48 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:42:27 PM

After this largest market is complete,will it be sustainable,i,e enough farm produce(well.. cows,goats and sheep might be more than enoughsmile ) and enough customers?
MugundaMan wrote:
Report from 3 months ago.."The market will be the largest in East and Central Africa.". Remember that this means it will be larger than anything seen anywhere in mighty Nairobi, Champarra, Dar-Es-Salaam and Kinshasa! And all this where else but in Dustbowl County Rising

MugundaMan
#49 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 8:12:10 AM

Chaka wrote:
After this largest market is complete,will it be sustainable,i,e enough farm produce(well.. cows,goats and sheep might be more than enoughsmile ) and enough customers?
MugundaMan wrote:

Rule numero uno de la real estate: Build it and they will come smile
MugundaMan
#50 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 8:14:11 AM

DC residents arise! The Mnaijos are putting us to shame jameni. Let us shape up and do better with the quality of our houses and landscaping to catch up. If all of us play our part and build quality houses, apartments and commercial buildings like these, No other county will be able to compete with DC. Not even Nairobi core.

Angelica _ann
#51 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:32:39 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
DC residents arise! The Mnaijos are putting us to shame jameni. Let us shape up and do better with the quality of our houses and landscaping to catch up. If all of us play our part and build quality houses, apartments and commercial buildings like these, No other county will be able to compete with DC. Not even Nairobi core.

Look at the area of land occupied by those houses. With the mentality of 50*80/40*60/50*100 in Kenya including DC you will NEVER achieve that. Note the homes are not same/similar in design but well structured with high standards. Kenyans like cutting costs/corners Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
itz
#52 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 5:29:36 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

is the market willing to pay for this in DC?This is a high end neighborhood type of development even in the western world.For the apartments i have seen something similar proposed/coming up in Syokimau.
MugundaMan
#53 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 6:23:57 PM

itz wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

is the market willing to pay for this in DC?This is a high end neighborhood type of development even in the western world.For the apartments i have seen something similar proposed/coming up in Syokimau.

Of course it is papa. Who says DC does not have high end neighbourhoods or high end neighbourhood potential? Of course for the AngelicaAnns of the world everything is impossible beyond village tenders and enjoying airtight mediocrity for the next 100 years smile
itz
#54 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 7:26:42 PM

I have seen some good developments in Kitengela and some parts of ngong am not sure about the uptake they seem to stay for long in the market.Rongai/kiserian days on market is also long.What are you seeing on the ground @MugundaMan are there particular areas that properties sell faster
guru me
#55 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 9:21:57 PM

Agree with the view that Kajiado will def expand if for nothing else, as a result of the natural growth of Nairobi.

The growth does need to be managed and not just allowed to happen organically as it has if DC is to live up to its full potential.

Some things that need to be addressed in my opinion are:

1. Water - there is a perennial crisis over dry taps for most residents. This despite the fact that Athi river is delivering millions of gallons of water to the Indian Ocean - and sometimes flooding peoples residences in the process - each year.

2. Industries: Despite a proliferation of Universities in DC owing to cheap (er) land, there are very few industries of note that have set up shop in DC as far as I can remember. Well there is EPZ and Kenchick etc - but these were pre existing and not very large. Other than the cement companies in Athir River cant think of any large scale industrial complexes that are being set up in the region. It may very well be a symptom of the incompetence of national government in attracting new industries to the country that spill over to the counties. But truth is for the DC to grow, as with all other counties, it needs to attract and incentivise industries to create employment within the county.

3. Infrastructure especially roads: DC has been the rational choice for Kenyans looking to move into home ownership owing to affordability of land and subsequently cheaper costs of home ownership. Sadly for those who end up buying or building homes in DC the realities of the daily commute push them back to Nairobery. Hopefully the train terminals resolve this issue but still feel there is no substitution for an efficient road network. Rail is very rigid in its routing and for that reason I remain unconvinced it alone will solve the issue. Unless we develop a comprehensive rail system similar to NY subway or London underground, a railway with a single destination though an improvement will not fully resolve the issue. Kitengela town as an example already needs a road expansion. Traffic there can be a biatch.

4. Speculators - I being one of them, need to be heavily punished for any parcels that they hold not put to productive use. Speculation pushes land prices up and in some areas leads to the inability to create sufficiently dense communities to allow for proliferation of support and essential services. There just is no critical mass for even the county government to justify spending money to bring roads, water, elec to some places because firstly - some people are holding land, unwilling to develop or sell at current prices, and secondly those willing to develop the land cannot afford the land prices and are forced to buy further inland where they can afford it. Only thing is this may be too far for them - far outweighing the joys of home ownership. Sort of a self reinforcing loop.

5. Master planning - essential to avoid creating a massive shanty town.
MugundaMan
#56 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:02:58 PM

itz wrote:
I have seen some good developments in Kitengela and some parts of ngong am not sure about the uptake they seem to stay for long in the market.Rongai/kiserian days on market is also long.What are you seeing on the ground @MugundaMan are there particular areas that properties sell faster

@itz, I would answer by saying the real estate industry anywhere is vast and multidimensional. You seem to be looking at it from a build-to-sell-fast perspective which is just one dimension. As you know real estate is a long term and relatively illiquid investment so many (including myself) prefer to develop and hold for the long term. Rents for example are a nice aspect of this strategy but not the main focus. Regardless, the economics of the industry do not lie, papa. Units are still being bought daily with no end in sight because the housing deficit is an economic reality that simply cannot be wished away. I have said it hapa many times before ; nobody has ever repealed the law of supply and demand. Until by some miracle the deficit is eliminated, units will continue to sell and this is why the sector is creating more dollar millionaires than any other sector, tech and manufacturing excepted. The days on market may be long but the units always eventually sell. I have never met a real estate developer who says I built 10 years ago and still have not sold.
obiero
#57 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:13:52 PM

itz wrote:

The service lanes tarmac in Kitengela are a positive. Movement of the matatu terminal further up, also assists in traffic flow somewhat. Now the main trunk road to Kitengela International Academy needs to be done and prices will be solid

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
itz
#58 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:21:08 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
itz wrote:

@itz, I would answer by saying the real estate industry anywhere is vast and multidimensional. You seem to be looking at it from a build-to-sell-fast perspective which is just one dimension. As you know real estate is a long term and relatively illiquid investment so many (including myself) prefer to develop and hold for the long term. Rents for example are a nice aspect of this strategy but not the main focus. Regardless, the economics of the industry do not lie, papa. Units are still being bought daily with no end in sight because the housing deficit is an economic reality that simply cannot be wished away. I have said it hapa many times before ; nobody has ever repealed the law of supply and demand. Until by some miracle the deficit is eliminated, units will continue to sell and this is why the sector is creating more dollar millionaires than any other sector, tech and manufacturing excepted. The days on market may be long but the units always eventually sell. I have never met a real estate developer who says I built 10 years ago and still have not sold.

I understand all that and i know RE is a long term game.Been holding and selling there for a long time so am in no way talking about a quick buck.I enjoy your enthusiasm about DB so i just wanted to get your view and compare it with what i see.If you have a build and sell model and your houses don't sell within a certain time frame then you are staring at massive loses especially if the building is financed through banks.
itz
#59 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:24:45 PM

obiero wrote:
itz wrote:

The service lanes tarmac in Kitengela are a positive. Movement of the matatu terminal further up, also assists in traffic flow somewhat. Now the main trunk road to Kitengela International Academy needs to be done and prices will be solid

Definitely a positive for the area.I just saw plans for a megacity in Athi River

https://www.businessdail...6836-vnae2mz/index.html

itz
#60 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:27:26 PM

obiero wrote:
itz wrote:

Definitely a positive for the area.I just saw plans for a megacity in Athi River

https://www.businessdail...6836-vnae2mz/index.html