wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<456
Nipe Lift
mawinder
#101 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 10:06:05 PM

Chaka wrote:
[quote=WakaWak

@Mawinder has quoted the Act extensively. But Just a reminder. Section 2 of traffic Act reads:

“public service vehicle” means any motor vehicle which—

(a) is licensed under Part XI to carry passengers for hire or reward; or
(b) plies for hire or reward or is let out for hire or reward; or
(c) is carrying passengers for hire or reward;

If a word is not defined in an Act, you go for the ordinary english meaning.

Reward in ordinary English means "a thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement". Synonyms for reward include "price", "payment", "profit", "advantage", "tip", "consideration".

https://www.google.com/s...id-browser&q=reward

Where is reward captured if the passengers were to pay in kind and the vehicle owner is ok with that?. eg,If I have a bunch of bananas, I pay using that..
[/quote]
That's still reward for insurance purposes
WakaWaka
#102 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:02:10 AM

Jimmii wrote:
"Probox cars set to get PSV licences in matatus regulation" Business Daily 19th December 2018, Pg. 6.

NipeLift should stay put in my view, as the law is reactive, you innovate first and if you disrupt the market, the law will adjust to cater for useful innovations. If we waited for the law, we would still be riding horses and donkeys.

Quote from the Business Daily Probox Article:
"They are not defined as PSVs and we cannot regulate them. The idea is to bring them under a regulatory mechanism and we are looking at how to bring them on board,” Ms Koimett told the Business Daily on phone. “It is a matter of looking at the current law and making the necessary changes.” Ms Koimett said bringing the cars under the law will ensure they do not carry excess passenges"

@You misunderstand what PSV is and what it means to bring Probox (masquerading as private vehicles but being used commercially) under PSV regulations. This means inspections, loading restrictions, speed restrictions, experience qualifications for drivers, registration with Sacco, TLB licence, advance tax to KRA, PSV Insurance etc
WakaWaka
#103 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 5:09:08 PM

Chaka wrote:
[quote=WakaWak

@Mawinder has quoted the Act extensively. But Just a reminder. Section 2 of traffic Act reads:

“public service vehicle” means any motor vehicle which—

(a) is licensed under Part XI to carry passengers for hire or reward; or
(b) plies for hire or reward or is let out for hire or reward; or
(c) is carrying passengers for hire or reward;

If a word is not defined in an Act, you go for the ordinary english meaning.

Reward in ordinary English means "a thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement". Synonyms for reward include "price", "payment", "profit", "advantage", "tip", "consideration".

https://www.google.com/s...id-browser&q=reward

Where is reward captured if the passengers were to pay in kind and the vehicle owner is ok with that?. eg,If I have a bunch of bananas, I pay using that..
[/quote]

Uncleboni does not get paid with bananas
mawinder
#104 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 9:44:50 PM

Any update on the failure of this fake Uber?
Chaka
#105 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 11:06:27 PM

Have they run any ads on TV or newspapers?I don't watch TV neither buy papers...
mawinder wrote:

mawinder
#106 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 6:56:51 AM

Chaka wrote:
Have they run any ads on TV or newspapers?I don't watch TV neither buy papers...
mawinder wrote:

I also don't watch TV..However, I read newspapers daily and am yet to see their advert..That boy who was over excited here and insulting people should update on the failure of the criminal enterprise known as Nipelift