wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<25262728>
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
obiero
#521 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 9:39:52 AM

Monk wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
@vvs - Please get us some other gems. And don't worry, my kids are looooong term investors. Weka list hapa tafadhali.

@vvs primarily looks for growth stocks, and is very good at it, regardless of what @Obiero says. I've personally benefited from trailing some of his choices.

If you are not salaried, you might want to add some dividend stocks to your portfolio, unless you have adequate alternative passive incomes. SCBK and BBK come to mind on this score.

Are KURWITU, FTG and ARM growth stocks? Let us be serious. The man simply got lucky in a dubious buyout

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Monk
#522 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 10:13:20 AM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
@vvs - Please get us some other gems. And don't worry, my kids are looooong term investors. Weka list hapa tafadhali.

@vvs primarily looks for growth stocks, and is very good at it, regardless of what @Obiero says. I've personally benefited from trailing some of his choices.

If you are not salaried, you might want to add some dividend stocks to your portfolio, unless you have adequate alternative passive incomes. SCBK and BBK come to mind on this score.

Are KURWITU, FTG and ARM growth stocks? Let us be serious. The man simply got lucky in a dubious buyout

@Obiero :) we all occasionally sow some wild oats in small quantities that one can afford to lose. You too have done it on the NSE :)
tom_boy
#523 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 10:28:30 AM

Investing in nse or any other stock market is a game of chance primarily. That has been clearly enumerated over the years.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
MaichBlack
#524 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 12:12:06 PM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

@Obiero - Sometimes you should give up the fight. It is clear for everyone here to see @vvs has made some extremely good choices.

In the stocks market, a certain stock will always shaft you once in a while. It happens to everyone. I want anyone who has been in this market for at least 10 years and has never burnt his/her fingers to raise up their hand!

Sh!t happens - new regulations, changing business environment, disruptive technologies, drought, corruption, court rulings etc. - and a meticulously selected stock shafts you in a heart beat. Such is life.

There has been a back and fourth between you and @vvs but it is obvious whose advice most Wazuans would follow (and actually follow).
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Kenyan Oracle
#525 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 4:40:52 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

@Obiero - Sometimes you should give up the fight. It is clear for everyone here to see @vvs has made some extremely good choices.

In the stocks market, a certain stock will always shaft you once in a while. It happens to everyone. I want anyone who had been in this market for at least 10 years and has never burnt his/her fingers to raise up their hand!

Sh!t happens - new regulations, changing business environment, disruptive technologies, drought, corruption, court rulings etc. - and a meticulously selected stock shafts you in a heart beat. Such is life.

There has been a back and fourth between you and @vvs but it is obvious whose advice most Wazuans would follow (and actually follow).

@VVS anytime
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
obiero
#526 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 4:54:29 PM

Kenyan Oracle wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

In the stocks market, a certain stock will always shaft you once in a while. It happens to everyone. I want anyone who had been in this market for at least 10 years and has never burnt his/her fingers to raise up their hand!

@VVS anytime

I like open people. Heri @vvs he gets burnt and tells us, "fully provisioned" like a real chief 😁

BGL
#527 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 4:46:20 PM

The paper cheque has finally arrived
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
Shak
#528 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 2:45:03 PM

Ohana quits KK
obiero
#529 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 7:51:10 PM

Shak wrote:
Ohana quits KK

Dog bites man. What a shame that he put personal interests above all else https://www.businessdail...068486-8he58a/index.html

Ericsson
#530 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 10:54:40 AM

Kenol Kobil delisted from NSE
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Pesa Nane
#531 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:52:05 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
obiero
#532 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2019 8:11:48 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Aguy and others who have been with me on the KK journey...
Let's ignore the "haters" and Pray that the deal closes ASAP!
Of course, I am a-OK with another bidder who can offer more than 23!

What I want is an early close/payment so I can re-invest in other firms while the market is in the dumps.

If there was an option of selling to Rubis like the biwotts did i.e. get 15.30 today while waiting for the "closing date" for the balance, I would have taken that deal!!!

@vvs my chief. surely you cannot say that nothing wrong happened in terms of insider dealing in the days leading up to the announcement.. Already, all the suspect accounts in question have been frozen as at yesterday, including Wells.. A suspension or long period of a hung share is likely https://www.businessdail...4274-9hvxioz/index.html
Mambo hizi hatujui. For me, it is simple: whoever pays me 23/- (or more) within the same time-frame as Rubis will get my shares.
Sitaki kizungu mingi like we heard from Seaboard and the wasaliti/board of Unga.

These deal should be settled quickly so that we think of other options.Dwelling on one thing for ages will not be beneficial to us.

Settled in a legal and right way,not the fishy dealings

Mafi ya kale hayanuki https://www.standardmedi...under-bus-in-kobil-probe

#533 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 4:08:56 PM

Stockbroker Aly-Khan Satchu Allegedly Suspended From Trading NSE Shares For 3 Years for insider trading in Kenol Kobil take over by the French firm, Rubis Energie.

BBI will solve it
:)
obiero
#534 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 5:38:15 PM

2012 wrote:
Stockbroker Aly-Khan Satchu Allegedly Suspended From Trading NSE Shares For 3 Years for insider trading in Kenol Kobil take over by the French firm, Rubis Energie.

Very small price to pay

whiteowl
#535 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 5:52:21 PM

obiero wrote:
2012 wrote:

Very small price to pay

AKS started with spinning agric stocks way back.He would have been caught over a decade ago and be serving time if he was in a country with a serious market regulator.
obiero
#536 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 8:37:54 AM

whiteowl wrote:
obiero wrote:
2012 wrote:

Very small price to pay

AKS started with spinning agric stocks way back.He would have been caught over a decade ago and be serving time if he was in a country with a serious market regulator.

He's quite wealthy.. We visit each other often. Met via Mindspeak at Westgate over 10years ago

HaMaina
#537 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 9:04:06 AM

CMA takes Enforcement Action for insider trading on Kenol
Nairobi July 8, 2019…The Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) on the Kenol Kobil Plc insider trading inquiry has taken administrative action against Mr. Andre DeSimone (former CEO and Executive Director Kestrel Capital (East Africa) Ltd, Mr. Aly Khan Satchu and Mr. Kunal Kamlesh Somchand Bid (both stockbroking agents of Kestrel Capital (East Africa) Ltd) for their involvement in insider trading on Kenol Kobil Plc shares in the period before the takeover announcement was made public in October 2018.

Insider trading is an offence where a person in possession of privileged information which is material, price sensitive and non-public either:

(i)                  trades in securities relying on that information,

(ii)                discloses the same to another person who trades based on the information or

(iii)              encourages someone else to trade relying on the same information for gain or to avoid a loss.

Arising from an inquiry undertaken by the Capital Markets Authority (the Authority) into the suspicion of possible insider trading on the Kenol Kobil Plc counter in the period prior to 24th October 2018, the Authority initiated enforcement proceedings by issuing Notices to Show Cause against Mr. Andre Desimone, Mr. Aly Khan Satchu and Mr. Kunal Bid (the NTSC recipients).

Thereafter, the Authority constituted an Ad Hoc Board Committee (the Committee) comprising of 4 CMA board members and 4 independent persons for the sole purpose of hearing and determining the allegations contained in the Notices to Show Cause (NTSC) on the suspicious trades in KenolKobil shares and to prescribe sanctions, if any, that were to be applied.

The Committee provided the three NTSC recipients with an opportunity to be heard in person on 10th and 11th June 2019 for the purpose of making oral submissions, highlighting their written submissions and providing any additional information for consideration by the Committee. 

These hearing were convened in exercise of the NTSC recipients’ right to be heard in accordance with Section 26(8) of the Capital Markets Act and Section 4 of the Fair Administrative Actions Act.

The Committee, in reaching their determination, considered the written and oral submissions made by the NTSC recipients and the evidence presented by the Authority found that the NTSC recipients were culpable for insider trading.  The findings of the Committee have been notified to the respective NTSC recipients.

The Committee established that Mr. Andre DeSimone disclosed price sensitive material non-public information on the Kenol Kobil transaction on the sale of the 24.99% Wells Petroleum shareholding in KenolKobil to Rubis Energie SAS (Rubis) and the impending takeover of Kenol Kobil Plc by Rubis to the two identified stockbroking agents, Mr Aly Khan Satchu and Mr. Kunal Bid, otherwise than in the proper performance of his functions. The two stock broking agents thereafter used the insider information to deal in the price affected shares by advising and/or buying on behalf of their various clients approximately 59 million Kenol Kobil shares in the week before the takeover announcement was made on 24th October 2018, contrary to the provisions of Section 32 B (1)(a) and (b) of the Capital Markets Act.

The Committee has imposed on Mr. Andre DeSimone a financial penalty of Kshs 2,500,000 and has further disqualified him from holding office as a key officer of a public listed company and/ or issuer, licensee or in any other capacity in an approved institution of CMA for a period of one (1) year from the date of the enforcement notification.

The Committee disgorged Ksh. 4,692,497.50 being the amount received by Mr. Aly Khan Satchu as commissions from the respective trades conducted on the basis of insider information.  The Committee further disqualified Mr. Aly Khan Satchu from holding office as a key officer of a public listed company and/ or issuer.

The Committee disgorged Ksh. 4,692,497.50 being the amount received by Mr. Aly Khan Satchu as commissions from the respective trades conducted on the basis of insider information.  The Committee further disqualified Mr. Aly Khan Satchu from holding office as a key officer of a public listed company and/ or issuer, licensee, or in any other capacity in an approved institution of CMA (including a stock broking agent) for a period of three (3) years from the date of the enforcement notification.

The Committee has disgorged Kshs. 23,413,700.00 being gains earned by the trading accounts managed under discretion by Mr. Kunal Bid, which were noted to have purchase of 2,895,100 shares through Kestrel Capital and AIB Capital.  The Committee has also disgorged Kshs. 333,747.00 being the amount received by Bid Securities Ltd from Kestrel Capital E A Ltd and Kshs. 14,569.50 being the amount received by Bid Management Consultancy Ltd from AIB Capital Ltd as the commissions from the respective trades conducted on the basis of insider information.

Noting the majority of the queried transactions were dealt through Kestrel Capital (EA) Ltd, Kestrel voluntarily disgorged Kshs. 9,863,767.10 being the commissions earned on the transactions executed through the two stockbroking agents, namely Mr. Bid and Mr. Satchu pursuant to a No Contest Settlement Agreement. Kestrel voluntarily entered the settlement neither admitting nor denying liability thereby closing the insider trading investigations in respect to Kestrel as an entity.

ENDS
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
maka
#538 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 9:11:48 AM

Very very lenient...Bond brokers are bearing the brunt of these fines and suspensions... Totally unfair. He should have been suspended for at least 10 years... Mweni got banned for life...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#539 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 9:12:55 AM

If CMA was functional, the buyout would have been halted

mlennyma
#540 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:58:19 AM

obiero wrote:
If CMA was functional, the buyout would have been halted

water under the bridge.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."