wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages<1234>»
Why dustbowl is the future
MugundaMan
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:50:16 AM

Can't stop watching the video above, especially in light of the 1m to 8.5m news that has shattered some hearts on Wazoo Laughing out loudly
LosAngeles~254
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 2:35:18 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Can't stop watching the video above, especially in light of the 1m to 8.5m news that has shattered some hearts on Wazoo Laughing out loudly

@Mugundsdude ....we really ought to continue investing and buying up strategically placed plots. You remember a few weeks ago I shared with everyone Baba Jimmy's story and how that 5 acres is now worth 130million? Dustbowl is the future ndugu!
I was doing some math yesterday and realized even a ka one-eight plot in Ruiru Murera I saw online going for just 600k today will be worth 4.75 Million in 10 years!! That's using the 23% average annual appreciation rate that has been the appreciation rate for several decades now in the towns surrounding Nairobi.

A kenyan friend bought a 1/3 acre of land in Embu a few years ago. I forget the exact year but ilikua juzi tu tukikunywa fobe nayeye...i would say it's 2011 apo. I've seen the plot, it's flat and 2nd from the main tarmac road...less than 10 minutes from Embu town. He paid 850k back then ...i was shocked last week when he told me they're now going for 5 Million. I love this success stories man ...real estate/land is truly, truly, truuuly where it's at! Laughing out loudly
God. Real Estate. Fast Cars. Hot Chicks. Philanthropy.
MugundaMan
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:41:08 PM

LosAngeles~254 wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

@Mugundsdude ....we really ought to continue investing and buying up strategically placed plots. You remember a few weeks ago I shared with everyone Baba Jimmy's story and how that 5 acres is now worth 130million? Dustbowl is the future ndugu!
I was doing some math yesterday and realized even a ka one-eight plot in Ruiru Murera I saw online going for just 600k today will be worth 4.75 Million in 10 years!! That's using the 23% average annual appreciation rate that has been the appreciation rate for several decades now in the towns surrounding Nairobi.

A kenyan friend bought a 1/3 acre of land in Embu a few years ago. I forget the exact year but ilikua juzi tu tukikunywa fobe nayeye...i would say it's 2011 apo. I've seen the plot, it's flat and 2nd from the main tarmac road...less than 10 minutes from Embu town. He paid 850k back then ...i was shocked last week when he told me they're now going for 5 Million. I love this success stories man ...real estate/land is truly, truly, truuuly where it's at! Laughing out loudly

Not a comma or fullstop or punctuation mark to add to this beautiful post Applause
As for the mugunda doomsayers, wacha wajikaange in their own tears brother. We are not here to force them to come and enjoy a good thing with us Laughing out loudly
tom_boy
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 6:56:44 PM

Niko na buloti huko thika. Karibu na some proposed golf course by guys calling themselves Kamuthi coop. Shida ni title hazijatoka. Zimefika ngapi sasa niuze?
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Mbarire_2019
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:59:30 PM

@LosAngeles Man ....you cannot mention Embu (my shagz/county of origin) and I don't insert myself in the discourse....

Embu prices have HIT THE ROOF.Theyve even started splitting the land into 50 by 100 and next will be 40 by 80 con pieces being sold in ruiru

Specifically my home district of Mbeere you can get a shamba (acre plus) for a decent price still...just watch out for our snakes (goes with the dry climate and landscape)and our cash crop matawi (mogoka)
Cv254K
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 9:35:57 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
A ride around Ngong town; shows Kibiku, areas closer to Ngong CBD eg Zambia, Kerarapon Ngong and more. Kitengela may be the dustbowl jewel in the crown but what I love about Ngong is that it is greener and more scenic with its hills. Did you know that Ngong is the only really hilly area close to Nairobi? That should make it the Hollywood Hills of Nairobi if we do not mess things up with poor planning. As I have said many times before Ngong is punching way below its weight as a town. With a few tweaks even Kite cannot come close. I also love that Ngong still has very many vacant plots ripe for development compared to Kitengela core, and it is more of a residential town although that is changing fast as businesses move in to cater to the swelling middle classes. I also love that Ngong is closer and easier to access than Kitengela. Once Ngong road expansion is done, Ngong will be a less than 15 minute drive away from CBD!

Enjoy...

Reason why Ngong has been punching below its weight in the past is rumoured to be politics associated with the late professor. most changes e.g. most banks (except barclays and post bank zimekuja recently) have been in last 6 years:
1. Stage funded by World bank (completed) - ease congestion
2. Market funded by World bank (significant progress) - ease congestion in CBD
3. SGR could improve things but mahali wanajenga station (em' bul bul) may be a challenge + Hope the SGR will "connect" to railways as an option.
4. Some people who bought Ngong (zambia, vet, olepolos, hilltop areas) wakati ilikuwa kichaka and built family homes are either exiting or redeveloping to apartments (Kunayo hapo Zambia, 1/4 going for about 35M).

Limitations to expansion:
1) Expansive Land opposite zambia (vet - Ngong to areas towards kibiku) ni ya ministry of agriculture - used to be a demostration farm . Unless it is grabbed
2. Ngong forest - neighbouring embul bul and oloolua areas
3. Camp for training kdf and GSU - huko Kibiko
4. Sewerage - land set aside (near cemetery) converted to a slum so the 'river' hapo zambia (near Rev Njoya's place) is sewage.
LosAngeles~254
#27 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 2:50:07 AM

@Mbarire_2019. ... I'm telling u bruh! His plot is in a place called P.I near Gathoge. Very near Embu town. Apartments, maisonettes all over the place. Your county all good bruh...real estate thru the roof $$.smile Applause
God. Real Estate. Fast Cars. Hot Chicks. Philanthropy.
tinker
#28 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 7:51:50 AM

Cv254K wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
A ride around Ngong town; shows Kibiku, areas closer to Ngong CBD eg Zambia, Kerarapon Ngong and more. Kitengela may be the dustbowl jewel in the crown but what I love about Ngong is that it is greener and more scenic with its hills. Did you know that Ngong is the only really hilly area close to Nairobi? That should make it the Hollywood Hills of Nairobi if we do not mess things up with poor planning. As I have said many times before Ngong is punching way below its weight as a town. With a few tweaks even Kite cannot come close. I also love that Ngong still has very many vacant plots ripe for development compared to Kitengela core, and it is more of a residential town although that is changing fast as businesses move in to cater to the swelling middle classes. I also love that Ngong is closer and easier to access than Kitengela. Once Ngong road expansion is done, Ngong will be a less than 15 minute drive away from CBD!

Enjoy...

Reason why Ngong has been punching below its weight in the past is rumoured to be politics associated with the late professor. most changes e.g. most banks (except barclays and post bank zimekuja recently) have been in last 6 years:
3. SGR could improve things but mahali wanajenga station (em' bul bul) may be a challenge + Hope the SGR will "connect" to railways as an option.
4. Some people who bought Ngong (zambia, vet, olepolos, hilltop areas) wakati ilikuwa kichaka and built family homes are either exiting or redeveloping to apartments (Kunayo hapo Zambia, 1/4 going for about 35M).

1) Expansive Land opposite zambia (vet - Ngong to areas towards kibiku) ni ya ministry of agriculture - used to be a demostration farm . Unless it is grabbed
4. Sewerage - land set aside (near cemetery) converted to a slum so the 'river' hapo zambia (near Rev Njoya's place) is sewage.

Either we got this info from same source (ubeya), or it is indeed true.
It is said that, if anyone started developing a business complex or an apartment around Ngong or Rongai, ati he would receive a delegation from 'Prof' warning that he should stop developing or else face unspecified consequencies.

I do not know if it true or not because the delegation never approached me.

The Prof has a residence in Kiserian but its a disgrace that it was not tarmarked,despite him being #2 for more than a decade. Neighbors says the guy was soo mean that at some point in time, the 'planned' insecurity shot up until it was realised the insecurity was from GSU,designed to force neighbors to sell their land to him.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
MugundaMan
#29 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 8:58:54 AM

Cv254K wrote:

No wonder Ngong had issues. Ngong has the most upside of all the dustbowl future cities IMHO. But things are surely changing fast. Even this past year alone I have seen quite a big change. Lakini mbona basic drainage and proper tarmacking of Ngong CBD roads hakuna jameni? Or at least at bare minimum, proper murraming of those roads. They are a disaster! That change alone will boost the Ngong Cbd by leaps and bounds. I hope Kibiku, Matasia, Olkeri etc remain residential maisonettes and bungalows. Zambia Vet etc areas are getting too crowded with high rise apartments for my linking.
Mbarire_2019
#30 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:28:07 AM

tinker wrote:
Cv254K wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Enjoy...

Either we got this info from same source (ubeya), or it is indeed true.
It is said that, if anyone started developing a business complex or an apartment around Ngong or Rongai, ati he would receive a delegation from 'Prof' warning that he should stop developing or else face unspecified consequencies.

I do not know if it true or not because the delegation never approached me.

The Prof has a residence in Kiserian but its a disgrace that it was not tarmarked,despite him being #2 for more than a decade. Neighbors says the guy was soo mean that at some point in time, the 'planned' insecurity shot up until it was realised the insecurity was from GSU,designed to force neighbors to sell their land to him.

By the way this is very very true after DECADES of him being the ngong face he did LITTLE TO NOTHING.The main road from NGONG MARKET going into ollolua has been horrible all his years up to the time he was voted out.I remember at some point residents got FED UP and just voted him out and that's when face of ngong started changing .Actually I remember residents refusing to let him jump the line during the mlolongo system of voting ....asking him to tow the line like everybody else ...anger I think

It is true...Prof did very little just grabbed and grabbed with curtels with minimal to no development and intimidation that really depressed the growth of ngong matasya oloolua kibiku and it's environs.Thank God it's picking up

MugundaMan
#31 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:34:28 AM

And in the final irony of ironies, the curtain fell on him in Kibiku forest. Dunia ni duara jameni.
MugundaMan
#32 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 9:07:45 AM

Hata baba Ngina anajua kwamba DC is the future necessitating a stop over for important public announcements to wild cheers by Dustbowlites smile

Swenani
#33 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 9:33:14 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Hata baba Ngina anajua kwamba DC is the future necessitating a stop over for important public announcements to wild cheers by Dustbowlites smile

I don't think they deserve to be called dustbowlites maybe dustbowlets.

Dustbowlites is too elite
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
wukan
#34 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 10:23:08 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

kuna vile naonananga ni kama Uhuru is a guest wazuan. Some of the things we highlight here he follows up on. Dustbowlites kazi kwenu ask for sewer systems and fresh water. Dust mtavumilia
Swenani
#35 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 10:29:08 AM

wukan wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

kuna vile naonananga ni kama Uhuru is a guest wazuan. Some of the things we highlight here he follows up on. Dustbowlites kazi kwenu ask for sewer systems and fresh water. Dust mtavumilia

What if Uhunye is @Mugundaman

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#36 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 10:44:29 AM

Swenani wrote:
wukan wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Mbarire_2019
#37 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 4:48:37 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
wukan wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Liar Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
wukan
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 1:50:04 PM

contrary to what @Mugundaman tell you Dust bowl is hukoo no.22 contributing a paltry 1.5% to GDP. The myth that Nairobi contributes 60% of GDP has been blown apart by KNBS

Quote:
The average contribution for each of the 47 counties to GDP over the period 2013-2017. Nairobi takes the lead, contributing approximately 21.7 percent of GDP over the period, followed by Nakuru (6.1%), Kiambu (5.5%) and Mombasa (4.7%).

Quote:
Nairobi City contributed the largest share to GDP at 19.8 percent in 2017 followed by Nakuru, Kiambu, and Mombasa with shares of 6.9, 5.6, and 4.4 percent, respectively.
MugundaMan
#39 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2019 7:58:38 AM

wukan wrote:
contrary to what @Mugundaman tell you Dust bowl is hukoo no.22 contributing a paltry 1.5% to GDP. The myth that Nairobi contributes 60% of GDP has been blown apart by KNBS

Quote:
The average contribution for each of the 47 counties to GDP over the period 2013-2017. Nairobi takes the lead, contributing approximately 21.7 percent of GDP over the period, followed by Nakuru (6.1%), Kiambu (5.5%) and Mombasa (4.7%).

Quote:
Nairobi City contributed the largest share to GDP at 19.8 percent in 2017 followed by Nakuru, Kiambu, and Mombasa with shares of 6.9, 5.6, and 4.4 percent, respectively.

Very funny. Please distinguish between GDP and GDP per capita baba. Wealth is GDP per capita. GDP is merely total measurable output. The GDP of Kenya and that of Ethiopia are more or less equal but which country is richer? Dustbowl is in the top 5 counties in GDP per capita, papa, please respect us for this smile
MugundaMan
#40 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2019 8:03:08 AM

Wukan will go very quiet at this terrible news for him!

Slated to be one of the most modern and largest markets in Africa and a model market in Kenya!

Wild cheers and jubilation in Dustbowl as Sh700m Ngong market upgrade set to start

https://www.businessdail...7444-j8kbonz/index.html

Meanwhile Rongai-Ngong SGR final stretch is underway!

I keep telling you guys DC is the future na hamsigii. Isatragedy.