wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Safaricom investment - query
enyands
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 2:53:40 AM

I never buy shares on the online platform because I don't know how it operates (wish someone can help). But today I paid a little attention on that sector and realized there is 924,482 shares being floated on the market. So:

924,482X490(price a share)= ksh.452,996,182 that need to be arbsobed.

Do we foresee growth hapa now that we have investors who are selling off with low pick ups? Some of the shares have been floated to as far as January last year and they haven't been bought yet? Iko nini hapa?

Taurrus
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 11:31:18 AM

I wish I can help!
Pirate
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:06:52 PM

enyands wrote:
I never buy shares on the online platform because I don't know how it operates (wish someone can help). But today I paid a little attention on that sector and realized there is 924,482 shares being floated on the market. So:

Do we foresee growth hapa now that we have investors who are selling off with low pick ups? Some of the shares have been floated to as far as January last year and they haven't been bought yet? Iko nini hapa?

Before 2017 , SIC used to revalue the share price at the same rate as the rebates . For example if it declares 21% rebates , then the share price would be adjusted upwards at the same rate. This stimulated the share movement especially before the AGM .The revaluation of shares was fundamentally flawed and hence in 2017, they stopped the increments resulting in a massive sell-off . Now SIC is a closed market , and when everyone wants to sell , whose buying ? Hence the huge backlog. SIC is thus buying the shares using member monthly deposits hence the slow movement.
They just released the financial statements today with rebates of 15% . Not impressive , but better than Stima Cooperativesmile
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
enyands
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 3:09:47 PM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:

Before 2017 , SIC used to revalue the share price at the same rate as the rebates . For example if it declares 21% rebates , then the share price would be adjusted upwards at the same rate. This stimulated the share movement especially before the AGM .The revaluation of shares was fundamentally flawed and hence in 2017, they stopped the increments resulting in a massive sell-off . Now SIC is a closed market , and when everyone wants to sell , whose buying ? Hence the huge backlog. SIC is thus buying the shares using member monthly deposits hence the slow movement.
They just released the financial statements today with rebates of 15% . Not impressive , but better than Stima Cooperativesmile

Thanks. Hiyo statement of accounts looks confusing. To keep it simple,

1 how much is net profit for this year in comparison to last year ?
2 Dividends proposal ni ngapi?
murchr
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 6:24:10 PM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:

They should get into something else now other than trading land.

I haven't heard from Stima in a while.......
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:03:49 AM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:

Stima Investment ni ngapi?
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
enyands
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:10:57 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:

Stima Investment ni ngapi?

Their silence speaks volume . Iko shida I'm sure
Ericsson
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 3:30:01 PM

Annual General Meeting is on Saturday 16th February 2019
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
enyands
#9 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 1:40:59 AM

Ericsson wrote:

So who attended this AGM and what were important highlights?
tinker
#10 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 10:42:11 AM

enyands wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

1. Share price retained at Kes 525.
2. 2018 dividends (rebates) 15%.
3. Dividends to be paid in full, meaning you will not be forced to plough-back certain percentage.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
enyands
#11 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 11:19:13 PM

tinker wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

1. Share price retained at Kes 525.
2. 2018 dividends (rebates) 15%.
3. Dividends to be paid in full, meaning you will not be forced to plough-back certain percentage.

Ooh nice, Sante brother especially hiyo 15%. ( though I know in actual sense you don't get the full 15%, there is an excel sheet that they use and I don't know how it computes). Still the same I'll plough back. Any other important issue they raised that was of concern or exciting to you ?
Balaa
#12 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 9:53:33 AM

These ones couldn't pay rebates in 2020 in the pretext of change in accounting principles. I hear now from reliable insiders that they're facing serious cashflow problems. They're even struggling to redeem members' fixed deposits upon maturity. I know a few people still waiting for their refunds. The sacco is aggressively marketing the fixed deposit product in the hope getting funds to pay up maturing debt that's beginning to pile up. SIC's in financial distress brought about by their earlier unsustainable dividend payouts. If you decide to invest in the PEPEA fixed deposit product don't expect to be refunded your monies on the specified maturity date.
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
doubletap
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 8:20:40 PM

Balaa wrote:
These ones couldn't pay rebates in 2020 in the pretext of change in accounting principles. I hear now from reliable insiders that they're facing serious cashflow problems. They're even struggling to redeem members' fixed deposits upon maturity. I know a few people still waiting for their refunds. The sacco is aggressively marketing the fixed deposit product in the hope getting funds to pay up maturing debt that's beginning to pile up. SIC's in financial distress brought about by their earlier unsustainable dividend payouts. If you decide to invest in the PEPEA fixed deposit product don't expect to be refunded your monies on the specified maturity date.

What is the present position today?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein