wazua Thu, Feb 21, 2019
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Banda Homes et al
tony stark
#61 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 10:10:59 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/8/2008
Posts: 806
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Is it that guys here have not been scammed by Gakuyo and Banda homes or they prefer to suffer in silence?

I expected fireworks and regrets on this wall.

Am a victim of Dinara,8 years on still waiting for my title.Not a huge amount though but still large enough to cause me to join those who will be seeking justice.


You got the land but still waiting for title or you have got both?



Was never shown the land but I have a certificate.Waiting for the title and be shown the land.

Several years of hide and seek by both directors.You call one he tells you to see the other then they stop picking calls after that.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You paid for something you have never seenLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I think you deserve to lose your money bigshick


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly and to make it worse it was the ponzi loan she had been discussing on this forum before.
kawambui
#62 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 11:51:35 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/24/2011
Posts: 45
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Is it that guys here have not been scammed by Gakuyo and Banda homes or they prefer to suffer in silence?

I expected fireworks and regrets on this wall.

Am a victim of Dinara,8 years on still waiting for my title.Not a huge amount though but still large enough to cause me to join those who will be seeking justice.


You got the land but still waiting for title or you have got both?



Was never shown the land but I have a certificate.Waiting for the title and be shown the land.

Several years of hide and seek by both directors.You call one he tells you to see the other then they stop picking calls after that.


How do you pay money before seeing the physical land?
Hapo wewe pia ulikuwa too much.


This is very common with the certificate thing. You go for a site visit and they show you land that is yet to be subdivided, or even it's subdivided you don't know which parcel is yours. So in essence huajona shamba yako since you don't know your parcel.
Proverbs 4:23
[23]Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Bigchick
#63 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 12:43:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/8/2013
Posts: 3,495
Location: At Large.
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Is it that guys here have not been scammed by Gakuyo and Banda homes or they prefer to suffer in silence?

I expected fireworks and regrets on this wall.

Am a victim of Dinara,8 years on still waiting for my title.Not a huge amount though but still large enough to cause me to join those who will be seeking justice.


You got the land but still waiting for title or you have got both?



Was never shown the land but I have a certificate.Waiting for the title and be shown the land.

Several years of hide and seek by both directors.You call one he tells you to see the other then they stop picking calls after that.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You paid for something you have never seenLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I think you deserve to lose your money bigshick


Hapana I don't deserve losing...

This is how it goes

Dinara identifies a 10acre piece of land and negotiates with the owner to buy at 1M per acre.

He then subdivided the land on paper and gets the costing for each.Lets say in this case 100k per plot.

So we all go and buy the number of plots one wishes to buy.A number is allocated and a certificate for it.

Yes I have seen the main land but my small portion after subdivision not yet.Hapo ndio maneno iko.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Swenani
#64 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 1:58:23 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 12,936
Location: Vacuum
Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Is it that guys here have not been scammed by Gakuyo and Banda homes or they prefer to suffer in silence?

I expected fireworks and regrets on this wall.

Am a victim of Dinara,8 years on still waiting for my title.Not a huge amount though but still large enough to cause me to join those who will be seeking justice.


You got the land but still waiting for title or you have got both?



Was never shown the land but I have a certificate.Waiting for the title and be shown the land.

Several years of hide and seek by both directors.You call one he tells you to see the other then they stop picking calls after that.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You paid for something you have never seenLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I think you deserve to lose your money bigshick


Hapana I don't deserve losing...

This is how it goes

Dinara identifies a 10acre piece of land and negotiates with the owner to buy at 1M per acre.

He then subdivided the land on paper and gets the costing for each.Lets say in this case 100k per plot.

So we all go and buy the number of plots one wishes to buy.A number is allocated and a certificate for it.

Yes I have seen the main land but my small portion after subdivision not yet.Hapo ndio maneno iko.

I thought the plot numbers are issued after subdivision? What number was indicated on the certificate considering that subdivision had not been done?
Poverty is the root of all evil
hardwood
#65 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 6:50:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,233
Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Is it that guys here have not been scammed by Gakuyo and Banda homes or they prefer to suffer in silence?

I expected fireworks and regrets on this wall.

Am a victim of Dinara,8 years on still waiting for my title.Not a huge amount though but still large enough to cause me to join those who will be seeking justice.


You got the land but still waiting for title or you have got both?



Was never shown the land but I have a certificate.Waiting for the title and be shown the land.

Several years of hide and seek by both directors.You call one he tells you to see the other then they stop picking calls after that.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You paid for something you have never seenLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I think you deserve to lose your money bigshick


Hapana I don't deserve losing...

This is how it goes

Dinara identifies a 10acre piece of land and negotiates with the owner to buy at 1M per acre.

He then subdivided the land on paper and gets the costing for each.Lets say in this case 100k per plot.

So we all go and buy the number of plots one wishes to buy.A number is allocated and a certificate for it.

Yes I have seen the main land but my small portion after subdivision not yet.Hapo ndio maneno iko.


Pole sana @bigchick. My apologies for defending the crooks. I mistakenly thought that they were running some genuine business. Kumbe I was also duped by their sleek marketing.
Rollout
#66 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 9:06:04 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/26/2011
Posts: 685
hardwood wrote:
The good thing with Banda is that they are actually building houses. So if one bought a house eg at Maple Ridge and feels that things are not moving in the right direction, they can actually move in and take possession of their designated house. So it's difficult to be scammed when they (banda) have actually built the promised houses. A scam occurs when someone takes your money and then doesn't build the promised house.



The problem with your line of thinking is that you are assuming they are actually using all the money for the purpose intended for, however, in cases like these, the owners of the company often collect the money and use it for their own lavish living, in fact often times, less than 50% of the collected money goes into the intended use. So even if Banda built houses, don't be surprise the land under which the house is built is a collateral of a loan that is already in default or more than 1 person have the claim on the said units!
bird_man
#67 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 10:43:23 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/2/2006
Posts: 1,201
Location: Nairobi
Rollout wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The good thing with Banda is that they are actually building houses. So if one bought a house eg at Maple Ridge and feels that things are not moving in the right direction, they can actually move in and take possession of their designated house. So it's difficult to be scammed when they (banda) have actually built the promised houses. A scam occurs when someone takes your money and then doesn't build the promised house.



The problem with your line of thinking is that you are assuming they are actually using all the money for the purpose intended for, however, in cases like these, the owners of the company often collect the money and use it for their own lavish living, in fact often times, less than 50% of the collected money goes into the intended use. So even if Banda built houses, don't be surprise the land under which the house is built is a collateral of a loan that is already in default or more than 1 person have the claim on the said units!

Exactly!Now thats the con....lets not be naive else mtalia hapa hapa 2yrs from today.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
XSK
#68 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 8:02:47 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 12/8/2009
Posts: 946
Location: Nairobi
hardwood wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Is it that guys here have not been scammed by Gakuyo and Banda homes or they prefer to suffer in silence?

I expected fireworks and regrets on this wall.

Am a victim of Dinara,8 years on still waiting for my title.Not a huge amount though but still large enough to cause me to join those who will be seeking justice.


You got the land but still waiting for title or you have got both?



Was never shown the land but I have a certificate.Waiting for the title and be shown the land.

Several years of hide and seek by both directors.You call one he tells you to see the other then they stop picking calls after that.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You paid for something you have never seenLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I think you deserve to lose your money bigshick


Hapana I don't deserve losing...

This is how it goes

Dinara identifies a 10acre piece of land and negotiates with the owner to buy at 1M per acre.

He then subdivided the land on paper and gets the costing for each.Lets say in this case 100k per plot.

So we all go and buy the number of plots one wishes to buy.A number is allocated and a certificate for it.

Yes I have seen the main land but my small portion after subdivision not yet.Hapo ndio maneno iko.


Pole sana @bigchick. My apologies for defending the crooks. I mistakenly thought that they were running some genuine business. Kumbe I was also duped by their sleek marketing.


@Hardwood when did it hit you that they are a con?
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
maka
#69 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 8:13:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 10,877
Location: Nairobi
Rollout wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The good thing with Banda is that they are actually building houses. So if one bought a house eg at Maple Ridge and feels that things are not moving in the right direction, they can actually move in and take possession of their designated house. So it's difficult to be scammed when they (banda) have actually built the promised houses. A scam occurs when someone takes your money and then doesn't build the promised house.



The problem with your line of thinking is that you are assuming they are actually using all the money for the purpose intended for, however, in cases like these, the owners of the company often collect the money and use it for their own lavish living, in fact often times, less than 50% of the collected money goes into the intended use. So even if Banda built houses, don't be surprise the land under which the house is built is a collateral of a loan that is already in default or more than 1 person have the claim on the said units!



Kweli kabisa....
possunt quia posse videntur
hardwood
#70 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 9:35:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,233
XSK wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Is it that guys here have not been scammed by Gakuyo and Banda homes or they prefer to suffer in silence?

I expected fireworks and regrets on this wall.

Am a victim of Dinara,8 years on still waiting for my title.Not a huge amount though but still large enough to cause me to join those who will be seeking justice.


You got the land but still waiting for title or you have got both?



Was never shown the land but I have a certificate.Waiting for the title and be shown the land.

Several years of hide and seek by both directors.You call one he tells you to see the other then they stop picking calls after that.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You paid for something you have never seenLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I think you deserve to lose your money bigshick


Hapana I don't deserve losing...

This is how it goes

Dinara identifies a 10acre piece of land and negotiates with the owner to buy at 1M per acre.

He then subdivided the land on paper and gets the costing for each.Lets say in this case 100k per plot.

So we all go and buy the number of plots one wishes to buy.A number is allocated and a certificate for it.

Yes I have seen the main land but my small portion after subdivision not yet.Hapo ndio maneno iko.


Pole sana @bigchick. My apologies for defending the crooks. I mistakenly thought that they were running some genuine business. Kumbe I was also duped by their sleek marketing.


@Hardwood when did it hit you that they are a con?


I withdraw my statement. I was "misquoted". I think I got carried away by @bigchick's story (plus viceroy). Let's us give Banda the benefit of doubt. Banda will deliver.
hardwood
#71 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 9:40:09 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,233
maka wrote:
Rollout wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The good thing with Banda is that they are actually building houses. So if one bought a house eg at Maple Ridge and feels that things are not moving in the right direction, they can actually move in and take possession of their designated house. So it's difficult to be scammed when they (banda) have actually built the promised houses. A scam occurs when someone takes your money and then doesn't build the promised house.



The problem with your line of thinking is that you are assuming they are actually using all the money for the purpose intended for, however, in cases like these, the owners of the company often collect the money and use it for their own lavish living, in fact often times, less than 50% of the collected money goes into the intended use. So even if Banda built houses, don't be surprise the land under which the house is built is a collateral of a loan that is already in default or more than 1 person have the claim on the said units!



Kweli kabisa....


Why condemn them while no house buyer has complained?
Yliett
#72 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:51:47 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/23/2018
Posts: 15
Location: germany
Probably people are unaware of such fraudulent activity and are still investing in houses. Like with any other investments, I think that also with purchasing of a house, a precaution in necessary. People need to check such investors well legality of business prior to investment
actuarywahisa
#73 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:51:25 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/21/2014
Posts: 175
jgithige wrote:
My query is "When someone publicly says he or she makes 20M to 25M in a month, does KRA follow such individuals in ensuring they remit 30% Ushuru of the said amount.


30% is for us employees. Laughing out loudly
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
actuarywahisa
#74 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:07:05 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/21/2014
Posts: 175
hardwood wrote:
Chaka wrote:
The shida seems tom be that they are using the "wrong" funds..i,e funds meant for project D are being used for projects B and C or something of that nature?

hardwood wrote:
But they have real houses on the ground. Shida iko wapi?





Nothing wrong with that when one is undertaking several projects. Note that the buyers pay in installments and therefore there is no need for the company to borrow expensive funds from banks for specific projects when they can use the deposits and installments they receive from buyers. The funds go into a common pool and can be utilized in various projects as need arises but ultimately every buyer will get their house.


The challenge Hardwood comes where the 'Robbing Peter to pay Paul' model hits a dead end like in case they run out of projects to sell (read Peters to rob). There clearly seems to be a funding gap and it is not entirely because of them taking installments. It appears from the allegations that there is money that disappeared from the system and this created the funding gap hence the delays in the delivery of earlier projects from the alleged associated companies. In that case they don't want to sell more units, they neeeed to keep selling more units.

So
1) The success of their projects if the allegations are true would be heavily dependent on continuing to sell more and more units. Once this stops, like possibly as a result of the circulating rumours, there will be a problem. The last to purchase will have funds be committed to other projects with no one to fund their units, almost like a pyramid scheme.

2) The same issues that caused the monies alleged to have leaked out of the system in earlier projects may persist and the funding gap may be growing. Same directors, key shareholder etc

They need support but they need to earn the support.

I borrow 5mil to support guys who even have a hint of weak corporate governance structures?! Hehehe Nairobi ni shamba la mawe!
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
Jimmii
#75 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 8:09:04 AM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 10/29/2018
Posts: 7
Location: Nairobi
Bernie Madoff took 30 years for his pyramid scheme to collapse, the guys selling greenhouses in Kajiado just took about 3 years before investors started rushing to court.

There's no telling when and if the suspicious guys behind Banda homes will run out of money as they seem to have mastered the short-term game of avoiding negative publicity by simply rebranding to new companies, and unsuspecting buyers will keep pouring cash, until the game of musical chairs comes to a stop.

Just like the greenhouse guys tricked people with cheques, maybe these guys are doing so with actual houses. All I know is, I wouldn't want to be the last investor left standing with no house and a huge loan to repay.
hardwood
#76 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 2:57:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 8,233
.
Impunity
#77 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 8:01:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/2/2009
Posts: 25,879
Location: Masada
Jimmii wrote:
Bernie Madoff took 30 years for his pyramid scheme to collapse, the guys selling greenhouses in Kajiado just took about 3 years before investors started rushing to court.

There's no telling when and if the suspicious guys behind Banda homes will run out of money as they seem to have mastered the short-term game of avoiding negative publicity by simply rebranding to new companies, and unsuspecting buyers will keep pouring cash, until the game of musical chairs comes to a stop.

Just like the greenhouse guys tricked people with cheques, maybe these guys are doing so with actual houses. All I know is, I wouldn't want to be the last investor left standing with no house and a huge loan to repay.


Talking about greenhouse,I still see guys being seduced to "invest" in some greenhouse huko Citizen tv,just b4 prime time news.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ryko
#78 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:07:45 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/27/2016
Posts: 221
Location: Nairobi
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.