wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
What would you do with 5 acres in Kitengela?
jokes
#41 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 2:50:05 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Pig farming, you never go wrong and nobody steals from you, at least in County 43 - they think it is saitan (plus mbolea for the farm all year round). Huku even if you bread totally white or black goats, you are good to go.

Poultry / Kuku wachia wenyewe wasted time for others to benefit.

So as a start put a pig rearing project and plant grafted fruits - mangoes and avocados you wont regret it.

I don't know about pig farming but i agree on chicken farming. Its not an easy business. you have to take care of those chickens day and night especially if you are doing large scale. They are like small babies. hata unaamka usiku ukaziangalie. Kama temparature iko right, water iko sawa, chakula. Then don't talk about the feeds and madawa. They can die on you enmassSad Then the prices, don't let me go there. Meat you should have a secured guaranteed market or you start loosing money after a certain period. Eggs wacha siende hapo, the eggs i had to throw away because of the market glutd'oh!
Mucher
#42 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 7:05:11 PM

I also agree on chicken farming. There is really no easy job, so this one also requires some engaged time in order to run one such farm properly, but I think that it pays off nicely but only takes time to establish market
Gathige
#43 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 7:56:32 PM

jokes wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pig farming, you never go wrong and nobody steals from you, at least in County 43 - they think it is saitan (plus mbolea for the farm all year round). Huku even if you bread totally white or black goats, you are good to go.

So as a start put a pig rearing project and plant grafted fruits - mangoes and avocados you wont regret it.

I don't know about pig farming but i agree on chicken farming. Its not an easy business. you have to take care of those chickens day and night especially if you are doing large scale. They are like small babies. hata unaamka usiku ukaziangalie. Kama temparature iko right, water iko sawa, chakula. Then don't talk about the feeds and madawa. They can die on you enmassSad Then the prices, don't let me go there. Meat you should have a secured guaranteed market or you start loosing money after a certain period. Eggs wacha siende hapo, the eggs i had to throw away because of the market glutd'oh!

I once did chicken farming, and would not venture again, except for free ranger kienyenji chicken rearing. Broilers are the worst as they are pumped with vaccines and are literally always high on drugs.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Rollout
#44 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 10:59:51 PM

I will do dairy cows. 5 acres can hold up to 20 dairy cows. Each cow at a minimum can produce 10 liters of milk a day that is 200 liters at kshs. 60 per liter. that's kshs 12k a day. That's ksh 360k a months. You can accumulate the entire year of feed from Aug-Dec if you go to RV and collect/buy corn leaves/stems once they take out the actual corn, you can also lease land in RF for ksh-15k a year per hect.
tinker
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 1:56:58 PM

Gathige wrote:
jokes wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]Pig farming, you never go wrong and nobody steals from you, at least in County 43 - they think it is saitan (plus mbolea for the farm all year round). Huku even if you bread totally white or black goats, you are good to go.

I once did chicken farming, and would not venture again, except for free ranger kienyenji chicken rearing. Broilers are the worst as they are pumped with vaccines and literally always high on drugs.
[
/quote]
Sisi kwisha d'oh!
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Gathige
#46 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:58:07 PM

Rollout wrote:
I will do dairy cows. 5 acres can hold up to 20 dairy cows. Each cow at a minimum can produce 10 liters of milk a day that is 200 liters at kshs. 60 per liter. that's kshs 12k a day. That's ksh 360k a months. You can accumulate the entire year of feed from Aug-Dec if you go to RV and collect/buy corn leaves/stems once they take out the actual corn, you can also lease land in RF for ksh-15k a year per hect.

@Rollout, Good idea but dairying does not work like that. If you have 20 of them, less than half would be milking at any one time. Some will be dry, meaning off milking, others just about to deliver, and no wonder the ones being milked proper. To milk twenty, you need a her daughter of like 40 or thereabouts. The returns are good but one need to have both a passion when it come tomdairying and a business approach.

Hon Magara runs an exemplary dairy in Rongai and make good cash but has invested heavily too.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
tony stark
#47 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:02:48 AM

Rollout wrote:

Where are you selling milk for 60bob per litre??
America ama Wazua??
Wa! This paper theories are too much! Boss and how will you transport the feeds? SGR? Teleporting? Warehousing and storage?

Paper theories for people who actually don't know what they are talking about!!!
Conquestador
#48 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:18:22 AM

How about you start a R&D station for all the ideas mentioned here?

And sell the info/ data to world.
Swenani
#49 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 9:49:22 AM

tony stark wrote:
Rollout wrote:

America ama Wazua??
Wa! This paper theories are too much! Boss and how will you transport the feeds? SGR? Teleporting? Warehousing and storage?

Paper theories for people who actually don't know what they are talking about!!!

I guess he means selling 60 bob after packaging and not selling it to Brookside
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tony stark
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:05:49 AM

Swenani wrote:
tony stark wrote:
Rollout wrote:

America ama Wazua??

I guess he means selling 60 bob after packaging and not selling it to Brookside

And this idea keeps getting worse. So he will pack, then store the milk in cold chain, distribute it, market it and its only 200 litres and he will be making a whooping 360K.

Please tell me how this idea is not as stupid as our politicians.
Xymalos
#51 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:59:38 AM

Gathige wrote:
Rollout wrote:

@Rollout, Good idea but dairying does not work like that. If you have 20 of them, less than half would be milking at any one time. Some will be dry, meaning off milking, others just about to deliver, and no wonder the ones being milked proper. To milk twenty, you need a her daughter of like 40 or thereabouts. The returns are good but one need to have both a passion when it come tomdairying and a business approach.

Hon Magara runs an exemplary dairy in Rongai and make good cash but has invested heavily too.

To feed a rapidly growing population, dairy farming is a good investment. I would have considered it were it not for being labour intensive.