wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
1m invested near Nairobi 10yrs ago now worth 8.5m
S.Mutaga III
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 10:04:02 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:
1 million invested in Safaricom on 23rd January 2009 is worth about 9.3 million today.
Initial buying price = Ksh 3.10 per share.
Current price = Ksh 24 per share.
The investor would have afforded about 320,000 shares. Dividends earned since then at 5% withholding tax are as follows.
2009 = @0.1 per share Ksh 30,400
2010 = @0.2 per share Ksh 60,800
2011 = @0.2 per share Ksh 60,800
2012 = @0.22 per share Ksh 66,880
2013 = @0.31 per share Ksh 94, 240
2014 = @0.47 per share Ksh 142,880
2015 = @0.64 per share ksh 194, 560
2016 (special dividend) = @0.68 per share Ksh 206, 720
2016 (final dividend) = @0.76 per share Ksh 231,040
2017 = @0.97 per share Ksh 294,880
2018 = @1.10 per share Ksh 334,400

Total Dividend Income = Ksh 1,717,600

Ksh 1,717,600 + (Ksh 320,000*24)= Ksh 9,397,600

1 million invested exactly 10 years ago in Safaricom is now worth 9.3 million assuming that the investor did not re-invest the dividends to compound returns. If he/she had compounded the returns i.e dividends, the return would be higher.

Unlike the stories given by journalists, you can verify this return at the comfort of your home in near precise shilling figures.

Happy Hunting.

And 1 million invested in a squalid piece of land in Kakamega would have returned 171 BILLION to date so what's your point? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Let me put an end to this nonsensical debate you keep tagging me in. Real estate makes money. Stocks make money. This is not an either/or scenario. I personally invest in both and have made money in both. If you don't like stocks, that is understandable. Stick exclusively to property and let stock investors do their thing without dragging them into debates.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
MugundaMan
#22 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 8:46:18 AM

Funny how a debate becomes "nonsensical" only after a person loses it Laughing out loudly

This is the same njamaa who tungad looooong PhD quality inshas extolling the superiority of NSE over real estate fuaaaaaaaaaa just a few weeks ago Laughing out loudly. Until some gullible people were actually convinced. Wapi?
S.Mutaga III
#23 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:10:13 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Funny how a debate becomes "nonsensical" only after a person loses it Laughing out loudly

This is the same njamaa who tungad looooong PhD quality inshas extolling the superiority of NSE over real estate fuaaaaaaaaaa just a few weeks ago Laughing out loudly. Until some gullible people were actually convinced. Wapi?

The problem is that you have an annoying tunnel vision that you try to impose on anyone with a different world view from your own. It doesn't work like that. We know that you are a Migunda guy, and I suggest you stick to what you know. Just because someone prefers different investments that you failed in doesn't mean he/she is stupid. I have made money in land, and I have made money in stocks and I will always prefer stocks over land despite investing in both. You should have a little respect for other people's point of view.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
hardwood
#24 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:13:25 AM

Breaking News: Warren Buffett now says that the dustbowl is the FUTURE.smile

MugundaMan
#25 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:16:53 AM

S.Mutaga III wrote:

The problem is that you have an annoying tunnel vision that you try to impose on anyone with a different world view from your own. It doesn't work like that. We know that you are a Migunda guy, and I suggest you stick to what you know. Just because someone prefers different investments that you failed in doesn't mean he/she is stupid. I have made money in land, and I have made money in stocks and I will always prefer stocks over land despite investing in both. You should have a little respect for other people's point of view.

Funny how - if this article above is anything to go by - THE FACTS and THE REPORTS (not penned by me) seem to somehow always align with "Mugundaman's tunnel vision" at the expense of your alternate world view Laughing out loudly Anywhoo..Jienjoy your stocks papa!
S.Mutaga III
#26 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:32:11 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

Funny how - if this article above is anything to go by - THE FACTS and THE REPORTS (not penned by me) seem to somehow always align with "Mugundaman's tunnel vision" at the expense of your alternate world view Laughing out loudly Anywhoo..Jienjoy your stocks papa!

Stick to what you know and leave what you don't understand to those that do. Tupatane forbes in a few years. The end justifies the means.
MugundaMan
#27 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:44:05 AM

S.Mutaga III wrote:

Stick to what you know and leave what you don't understand to those that do. Tupatane forbes in a few years. The end justifies the means.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Enyewe Wazoo is good comedy. You will be the first Kenyan we hear of who made it to being a Forbes billionaire let alone from trading Safcon and BAT Laughing out loudly Kama hujulikani even at the Ward level hapa Kiinya as a master stock trader who has made billions in shillings, utajulikanaje FORBES jameni? Sijacheka this much in a while. Thank you for the comic relief papa.
jamplu
#28 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:44:32 AM

hardwood wrote:
Breaking News: Warren Buffett now says that the dustbowl is the FUTURE.smile

hii dustbowl ni wapi?? d'oh! d'oh!
Monk
#29 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 4:50:23 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

@SMutagaIII I would suggest you learn to pick your fights...biting every bait thrown your way will wear you out pointlessly. Some of us value your contributions and hate to see you so easily distracted.
MugundaMan
#30 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 7:35:17 PM

Monk wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

@SMutagaIII I would suggest you learn to pick your fights...biting every bait thrown your way will wear you out pointlessly. Some of us value your contributions and hate to see you so easily distracted.

Good advice but that does not change the 1m to 8.5m REALITY vs the 480k loss reality Laughing out loudly What you and Mutaga do in your spare time is your private business to be taken to other threads where you can pat each other on the back all day for investing in Safcon and Mumias smile
MugundaMan
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:15:05 AM

Dustbowl County now the richest in Kiinya:
https://naijaquest.com/richest-counties-in-kenya/
I predict that DC's population will DOUBLE by 2022. Mostly as the wealthy urban middle class moves in, Incredible opportunities therefore exist for corporates, the construction industry and service & hospitality industry to cater to the upcoming superboom. Msiachwe nyuma!
2Czar
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:03:51 PM

It's good to see it's so much booming for Kenyan people, good to see your and our I would say, country are developing, that means life is good here and people want more to grow here and then go abroad really. It's not like that with real estate investment in many countries.
NewMoney
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:24:09 PM

2Czar wrote:
It's good to see it's so much booming for Kenyan people, good to see your and our I would say, country are developing, that means life is good here and people want more to grow here and then go abroad really. It's not like that with real estate investment in many countries.

"And then go abroad..." am not following. Elaborate