wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
mabati houses for rental
madollar
#41 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 7:02:35 PM

tinker wrote:
I live in a 'Gated community-like' estate near a fast growing town and
all my neighbors have well built single-use residential houses.
Recently, we heard one of the unoccupied plot was sold and to our surprise, the buyer has started building Mabati rental houses.

We have a welfare group in this estate and we have been discussing on what we would like to see in our estate, Mabati rental houses is a no no to all of us in this estate.

The area is not zoned or a registered 'Gated-community' and all plots are freehold.
You all know the cons of having a mabati rental houses in a neighborhood.

The developer seem to be a man of means as he drives a Prado when he come to inspect the site.

What options do we have to stop this developer and preserve our estate.

Your suggestions please.

Saw this pale thika road ,2 acre land was subdivided into small plots random guys bought some built nice bungalows others did not develop theirs all was well till thika superhighway happened the plots started changing hands alafu developments sikaanza one guy built 5 floors comprising of 20 units one bedroom without parking mwingine akapandisha 4 floors bedsitters pekee students moved in
Seeing the changes one guy demolished his house planning rental units mwingine they have converted theirs into a kindergaten.

MugundaMan
#42 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:04:37 AM

tinker wrote:
I live in a 'Gated community-like' estate near a fast growing town and
all my neighbors have well built single-use residential houses.
Recently, we heard one of the unoccupied plot was sold and to our surprise, the buyer has started building Mabati rental houses.

We have a welfare group in this estate and we have been discussing on what we would like to see in our estate, Mabati rental houses is a no no to all of us in this estate.

The area is not zoned or a registered 'Gated-community' and all plots are freehold.
You all know the cons of having a mabati rental houses in a neighborhood.

The developer seem to be a man of means as he drives a Prado when he come to inspect the site.

What options do we have to stop this developer and preserve our estate.

Your suggestions please.

Report the illegal structures to NCA and hope the mdozi does not bribe them to get them off his back. If that fails, give notice of legal action against NCA for not demolishing buildings citing them as a nusiance to the neighbourhood in terms of public health and safety (sanitation, noise, eyesore, crime etc). Also inform them that you are going to the press with the story. NCA does not want the bad publicity, especially since gava itself is in anti-corruption mode, chances are they themselves will come and flatten the buildings very quickly as soon as they hear you want to sue them and expose their bribe taking.
muandiwambeu
#43 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:15:37 PM

Mukiri wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
bennry wrote:
I think mabati houses are cheaper since there is no need for plastering?

Why are you arguing with an expert?

The logistics of getting the materials on site ie stone, sand, cement, kokoto et al is the cost driver here

Its clear that mabati is cheaper and would get you up and running in a shorter span of time but would you classify that as a genuine asset, really.. You can't even equity release on those shacks plus they depreciate rapidly

I wish A4Architecht can give a breakdown.... I once saw one, and realized one cannot assume mabati to be cheaper. The only given, is that its quicker to put up.

Yes it is an asset. If only to genrate cash, so that you can put up your ideal setup. An Asset is classified as something that brings in money

It's possible to complete a two bedroom house with a living room,plastered kitchen, plastered wc/ sh with 350,000/ contract price. A similar brick walled house will Jagger in at least 800,000/= (double the figure) with basics finishings inclusive of services for both cases) Estimated ground coverage is
Upside of mabiti. Speed and quite competitive in up coming periurban areas where rent comparison would be, mabati renting is not below 50% say (10k) compared to a suburban house(say 20k)
Downside
Fire risk is red hot,

actually there exist a regulation on how close such a structure including timber one's/ low fire rated buildings can be to permanent structures. Update yourself.

Government likely to court u for slum prevention and upgrade unless u keep neet plans and provide basic services and amenities
Limited upstairs wise
Looked down by many despite being a suitable and functional housing strategy. Police line mabati is not any different but it's rolled out by Gava(you and me off course)
I don't know why people thinks it's probably poor(attitude)
If need be you can request a detailed design with an implementation strategy any time.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....