wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Solar CCTV system with loudspeaker for dustbowl plot
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 8:33:14 AM

Does such a system exist?

I want a CCTV system with motion sensors that sends an alert to my phone if anyone enters my plot without authorisation. As soon as I get the alert I can start to speak to the intruder ferra on loudspeaker questioning him about what he is doing while asking him to cough his name in capital letters. Does such a system exist in Kiinya? Cost? Worth it or not worth it?

Shukran in advance Wanawazoo.

sparkly
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 9:14:21 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

I want a CCTV system with motion sensors that sends an alert to my phone if anyone enters my plot without authorisation. As soon as I get the alert I can start to speak to the intruder ferra on loudspeaker questioning him about what he is doing while asking him to cough his name in capital letters. Does such a system exist in Kiinya? Cost? Worth it or not worth it?

Buy a dog. It will keep you company, help you keep fit and talk to intruders loudly and clearly.
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 10:03:12 AM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Buy a dog. It will keep you company, help you keep fit and talk to intruders loudly and clearly.

A dog is too high maintenance and there will be nobody there to feed it. If I was living on site a dog would make sense but won't work in this case.
hardwood
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 11:12:22 AM

The CCTV left in some bush huko dustbowl will be stolen on day 1....or ripped apart by the hyenas.
jamplu
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 12:10:09 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

Not worth it. Consider Internet Costs and Initial Costs of Setup. Its much cheaper to drive there frequently.
MugundaMan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 1:16:19 PM

hardwood wrote:
The CCTV left in some bush huko dustbowl will be stolen on day 1....or ripped apart by the hyenas.

This particular plot has lots of neighbours and is not in the middle of nowhere. The problem is the live fence is still near the ground so the neighbours Totos sometimes part the barbed wire fence to play footie inside since the lawn is smooth and some of the plants and trees I've planted keep getting pinched. Hiring someone to live there is not worth it. If CCTV is not a good idea I better build a stone wall.
MugundaMan
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:22:44 AM

Seems like it is totally possible. If I can get a high enough steel mounted pole to fasten it onto