wazua Tue, May 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Car Comprehensive Insurance Cover after tragedy
raszag
#21 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:42:30 AM

Comprehensive covers you against Third Party Liabilities* (*i.e. any other person or property involved in an accident with your vehicle) and will also compensate you for damages to your vehicle as well as cover against Fire and Theft.....This means the driver is not covered but any other person inside the car is covered

AKI site below also makes it clear
http://www.akinsure.or.k...l_Insurance_Handbook.pdf
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
Surealligator
#22 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:01:14 AM

mlefu wrote:
pops..be strong.

i also wish to understand comprehensive cover, from the replies...i am lost.

mention the the company, i believe it will help.

@Mlefu

Have you heard of Maji Malefu. Are you related to this guy?

Comprehensive Car Insurance covers only the car. It gives you full risks cover for your car. In simple terms, it means that you can claim for any damage caused to your vehicle by any means, apart from exclusions that can be found in the small print.

In addition to allowing you to claim for the damage caused to your car in an accident, with comprehensive car insurance cover, you can also claim for acts of vandalism, theft, or any other accidental damage to your car which does not involve a crash.

You cannot go to hospital with the Comprehensive car insurance but the garage would treat the car based on the same.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Mpenzi
#23 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:29:32 AM

@raszag

You are spot on as to what comprehensive car insurance is all about. It does not cover the driver - the rationale being the fact that he/she is the one who "caused" the accident - it matters not if it was accident was caused by the driver of another vehicle.

Comprehensive car insurance covers all injuries, damages and losses caused by the vehicle to any person (except the driver) and to any other vehicle or property.

It also covers damage to the vehicle in question by other vehicles and other risks such as theft, fire etc
mjuaji wa stocks
#24 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:51:41 AM

Pops; Very sorry for the loss of your loved one!!! May the Lord God comfort you and your children!

Comprehensive insurance cover for sure does not cover you the owner of the car against accident....the option is normally to have a personal accident cover...it also does not cover your wife or children!

Normally when you cover your car comprehensively; you will need to have a personal aacident cover for your immediate family members....it covers your brothers and sisters and parents....funny enough!!

Some insurance companies do advice this when issuing their insurance cover!

@All....is there any insurance company that offer policies for children under 12 years esp. personal accident cover?

The insurance company that covers my car did tell me that only my wife and I can be given personal accident covers but none available for our 1 yr 8 months old son!!! But we travel in same family car.
Sad Sad Sad Sad
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Impunity
#25 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 12:06:45 PM

[quote=raszag]Comprehensive covers you against Third Party Liabilities* (*i.e. any other person or property involved in an accident with your vehicle) and will also compensate you for damages to your vehicle as well as cover against Fire and Theft.....This means the driver is not covered but any other person inside the car is covered

http://www.akinsure.or.k..._Insurance_Handbook.pdf[/quote]

Now what does the THIRD PARTY INSURANCE cater for?
Sad Sad Sad
Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Layman
#26 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 12:34:42 PM

Wazuans...please dont mix the use of "Driver" and "Owner"........ Driver is the word to use here because the accident may occur when its being driven by someone other than the owner. Hence, comprehensive Insurance does not Cover the "Driver and His or her Immediate family members who were in the car at the time of the accident. All other Passengers, the number that the car is legally manufactured to carry, in the car are covered.

So its recommemnerd that the "driver" buys some kind os Personal accident cover for Spouse and children, but of course for children you must prove beyond reasonable doubt that there's "insurable interest" to enable you take the PA cover for them.
raszag
#27 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 3:07:38 PM

Impunity wrote:
[quote=raszag]Comprehensive covers you against Third Party Liabilities* (*i.e. any other person or property involved in an accident with your vehicle) and will also compensate you for damages to your vehicle as well as cover against Fire and Theft.....This means the driver is not covered but any other person inside the car is covered

Sad Sad Sad
Sad Sad Sad

@Pops....Be strong...God will be with and the children

@Impunity
Third Party covers third party bodily injury and property damage arising out of use of motor vehicle. This is the most widely known and used policy in Kenya. It is the cheapest policy.
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
Impunity
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:39:14 PM

raszag wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Sad Sad Sad
Sad Sad Sad

@Impunity
Third Party covers third party bodily injury and property damage arising out of use of motor vehicle. This is the most widely known and used policy in Kenya. It is the cheapest policy.

NKT...!!
Still at a lost.
Third party covers bodily harm and property damage like accident car for the other guy;but does not cover things like theft and fire;

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Currency
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:28:24 PM

Pops you will not be able to claim for loss of earnings under the motor insurance cover however this is possible under a WIBA (Work injury benefit Act) cover.

By law all employers must have a WIBA cover in place for their employees. If your employers policy has a 24hour extension(cover extends outside business hours)it will be possible to claim temporary disability.

What I suggest is you consult whoever it is from your company that handles the insurance matters or HR, The policies range from employer to employer.
Currency
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:50:11 PM

Impunity wrote:
raszag wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Sad Sad Sad
Sad Sad Sad

@Impunity

NKT...!!
Still at a lost.
Third party covers bodily harm and property damage like accident car for the other guy;but does not cover things like theft and fire;

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

@Impunity
Third party insurance is the most basic motor insurance available and is also a legal requirement for any vehicle on the road. It covers any loss or damage to and legal liability to third parties.This is there to protect anyone that may be injured in an accident.

A comprehensive cover on the other hand will cover any damage that may occur to your vehicle, that includes theft as well.

pops
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:14:28 PM

hi guys, thanks for all yr feedback. jst to clarify one thing on the responses, the car is not mine. it belongs to the company i work for, and it is insured in their name. so does tht not make me a 3rd party, or atleast my wife because she has nothing to do with our company. it would be good to get some more views on this as the insurance company is vague and are not giving proper answers, and my company people are only interested in getting compensated for the vehicle.
McReggae
#32 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 11:24:53 PM

pops, pole man, be strong, l hope things work out for you!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
half_empty
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 05, 2010 2:45:22 PM

@pops - Pole sana bro.
May the God of second chances grant you courage and strength.
Sounds like you will need a good lawyer and not the ambulance chasers hanging around hospital beds.
raveras kenya
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 9:53:02 AM

The comprehensive car insurance is the most complete formula to protect your vehicle. It is also the one that will cost you the most. All risk is the types of the comprehensive car insurance. What is really hiding behind this notion of ” risks”?

Key points to remember about comprehensive insurance:

The comprehensive insurance is the one that offers the highest level of protection: you are compensated even if Car crashed.
If your vehicle has value or you want maximum protection, do not hesitate: comprehensive insurance is what you need.
According to the insurers, the content of the all-risk formulas varies: you will then have to take out additional guarantees adapted to your situation.

A number of Car Insurance companies in Kenya deal in it and provide different types of insurance coverage for the loss or damage as a result of natural or man-made calamities.

BRITAM KENYA – BRITISH AMERICAN COMPANY
NEXT INSURANCE
CIC INSURANCE (CO-OPERATIVE INSURANCE)
HERITAGE INSURANCE COMPANY