wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

@Great_offers Scam Telegram Group - Janet Nyambura Kama
falamalenge
#1 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 1:25:18 PM

@Great_offers Scam Telegram Group
I had been watching this Telegram group @great_offers for a few months. It never went offline, and they seemed to be advertising genuine items – a true ecommerce Telegram store.

I was suspicious. The prices seemed ridiculously low. There was no proof of purchase, testimonies, or other social media presence. I assumed they want to operate on the low to protect their sources. Still, I watched as they posted all kinds of items, from 32-inch LED Tvs selling for as little as Kshs 8,500 to supposedly genuine high-end Samsung phones and iPhones for less than half the actual value.

I think the channel went down today. But here are a few screenshots I got before that, so you know what I’m talking about:
Took these after they went offline

Anyone with a little wisdom would know to stay away, yet I decided to make a purchase on 28th December, 2018 that cost me Kshs 3,500.
I ordered 2 duvets for 1,000 each. The offer was buy 2 get 1 free. I’m a dumbass.
I also ordered 2 pairs of shoes going for a total of 1,500. The Xmas season must have caused me to let my guard down.
I paid 50% deposit as requested. Which came to 1,750.
Then I sent 450x4 for transport. About 1,750 for shipping! Must have been high.
Total amount sent, Kshs 3,500.
These are the photos of the beauty I was supposedly chatting with:
She goes by the name Agnes Roseman

My guard was down. I was testing them before making a larger order. I wanted to change my phone. Perhaps buy a few more for resale. I thought that if this is a scam, at least I won’t lose too much. But being scammed is always a pain. I worked hard for that money. I could have purchased all those things in Garissa for a little extra, but I was looking long-term. If the business was genuine, I too could have purchased for resale and make some money on the side. A risk worth Taking.

The following screenshots will take you through our interactions since 28th Dec. I finally gave up on 7th January. I have started feeling the pinch of overspending in Dec, especially when I spent on things that never game me any enjoyment.

Notice the timing of the messages. It looks genuine. The vendor says “let me pack”. “Let me go to the courier service”. “The cost for sending through this option is xxxx”.

I wanted to ask for photos of my package, but decided to go with the flow instead.
Check out our conversation:

Mpesa messages go to a person called Janet Nyambura Kamau

Check link for images
https://docdro.id/YUQk9RN

Angelica _ann
#2 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 1:43:45 PM

Pole sana for the scam - hindsight 20/20 d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
tony stark
#3 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 5:33:56 PM

falamalenge wrote:
@Great_offers Scam Telegram Group
I had been watching this Telegram group @great_offers for a few months. It never went offline, and they seemed to be advertising genuine items – a true ecommerce Telegram store.

I was suspicious. The prices seemed ridiculously low. There was no proof of purchase, testimonies, or other social media presence. I assumed they want to operate on the low to protect their sources. Still, I watched as they posted all kinds of items, from 32-inch LED Tvs selling for as little as Kshs 8,500 to supposedly genuine high-end Samsung phones and iPhones for less than half the actual value.

I think the channel went down today. But here are a few screenshots I got before that, so you know what I’m talking about:
Took these after they went offline

Anyone with a little wisdom would know to stay away, yet I decided to make a purchase on 28th December, 2018 that cost me Kshs 3,500.
I ordered 2 duvets for 1,000 each. The offer was buy 2 get 1 free. I’m a dumbass.
I also ordered 2 pairs of shoes going for a total of 1,500. The Xmas season must have caused me to let my guard down.
I paid 50% deposit as requested. Which came to 1,750.
Then I sent 450x4 for transport. About 1,750 for shipping! Must have been high.
Total amount sent, Kshs 3,500.
These are the photos of the beauty I was supposedly chatting with:
She goes by the name Agnes Roseman

My guard was down. I was testing them before making a larger order. I wanted to change my phone. Perhaps buy a few more for resale. I thought that if this is a scam, at least I won’t lose too much. But being scammed is always a pain. I worked hard for that money. I could have purchased all those things in Garissa for a little extra, but I was looking long-term. If the business was genuine, I too could have purchased for resale and make some money on the side. A risk worth Taking.

The following screenshots will take you through our interactions since 28th Dec. I finally gave up on 7th January. I have started feeling the pinch of overspending in Dec, especially when I spent on things that never game me any enjoyment.

Notice the timing of the messages. It looks genuine. The vendor says “let me pack”. “Let me go to the courier service”. “The cost for sending through this option is xxxx”.

I wanted to ask for photos of my package, but decided to go with the flow instead.
Check out our conversation:

Mpesa messages go to a person called Janet Nyambura Kamau

Check link for images
https://docdro.id/YUQk9RN

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Lakini sio kwa ubaya lakini wewe kweli ni fala malenge. If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true.
Eavns
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:39:10 AM

Pole kaka next time exercise due diligence my friend and be woke.
Sober
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 9:20:49 AM

Eavns wrote:
Pole kaka next time exercise due diligence my friend .

At least you suspected them hence only placed money you thought wouldn't hurt losing.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'