wazua Tue, May 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenyans Making Money on YouTube
murchr
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:32:18 AM

Account holders or Channel owners make money from the number of view that their videos get hits. According to social blade dot com, these are the Kenians reaping from the net.

1. The Owner of Hahaafrica. They(S/he) have 8 videos mainly other people's content. Their first video was loaded/posted 3yrs ago and the one with the most hits is "Man vs Lions: Maasai men stealing lions food without a fight" with 14,832,288 views. Their subscriber rank is 134,746th and video view rank is 49,113th.

ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS - $1.1K - $17.7K
ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS - $13.3K - $212.2K

2 Bwana Keino

ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS - $94 - $1.5K
ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS - $1.1K - $18K

3 popidol89

ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS - $57 - $906
ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS - $680 - $10.9K

4. Caroline Mutoko
She's doing very well given that she started out in Oct last year
ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS - $37 - $589
ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS - $441 - $7.1K

5. Bellesafrica
The owner Kangai Mwiti to her this is just a hobby...good thing is she's making money from it.

ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS - $39 - $627
ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS - $470 - $7.5K

There are several Somalis and Tanzanians on the list others who may need to be investigated. I think its time I started mine.

Full list

More stories
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Chaka
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:40:26 PM

Are these earnings from commissions on sales via pop up ads?
murchr
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2015 6:15:28 PM

Chaka wrote:
Are these earnings from commissions on sales via pop up ads?

They get the earnings from ads.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Mike Ock
#4 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 9:49:32 PM

I know the owner of that haha Africa channel. Believe it or not I'm the one who suggested he try YouTube after seeing the likes of Ghafla making money on it. The guy just put up a few videos and gave up. A year later some big time blog abroad somehow spots his idle video of Maasais hunting lions, embeds it and it goes viral all over the world. Guy nets a cool 300k for zero work(and it could have been over an m but the video went viral around Jan/Feb, which is low season for advertising).

Apart from that I've not heard of success stories on YouTube, though I once heard of some South African mzungu kid who's YouTube antics appeal to millions of Americans and he's minting millions of dollars from lucrative American sponsors.
murchr
#5 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 10:14:51 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
I know the owner of that haha Africa channel. Believe it or not I'm the one who suggested he try YouTube after seeing the likes of Ghafla making money on it. The guy just put up a few videos and gave up. A year later some big time blog abroad somehow spots his idle video of Maasais hunting lions, embeds it and it goes viral all over the world. Guy nets a cool 300k for zero work(and it could have been over an m but the video went viral around Jan/Feb, which is low season for advertising).

Apart from that I've not heard of success stories on YouTube, though I once heard of some South African mzungu kid who's YouTube antics appeal to millions of Americans and he's minting millions of dollars from lucrative American sponsors.

You should have loaded the clip smile Anyway, that 300K is good enough for no effort made. Kenyans are not as ambitious, but Nigerians are doing very very well. I think haha Africa's video is the most watched Kenyan video on Youtube. It has the a less number of hits that Yemi Alade's song Jonny has...Nigerian musicians who have over 100m hits are raking it BIG
oltome
#6 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 3:53:17 PM

@murchr what about copyright issues?? that haha video was lifted from bbc's human planet...i can think of a thousamd similar videos that i can lift and share!
murchr
#7 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 4:57:34 PM

oltome wrote:
@murchr what about copyright issues?? that haha video was lifted from bbc's human planet...i can think of a thousamd similar videos that i can lift and share!

If BBC doesn't petition YouTube to take down the clip then the dude will continue to reap from it. BBC could be considering that to be some form of advertisement coz people will want to watch the whole thing. BBC usually doesn't follow up of those who load their features and documentaries online.
murchr
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 8:03:55 PM

2018 and Kenyans are exploding on YouTube. Churchill makes about $36.4K - $581.7K yearly from YouTube alone