Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<4748495051>»
ARM HY2017
VituVingiSana
#961 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:11:23 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Dangote-in-race-to-buy-troubled-ARM-Cement/539546-4842116-view-asAMP-ksxd19/index.html
PwC said the process of selling ARM or part of its assets was being handled by South African banking giant Absa, which was appointed as the transaction adviser.

“Various parties have been in contact with the administrators expressing interest in the company’s businesses and assets in both Kenya and Tanzania,” the administrators said in a report to ARM’s creditors.

“The transaction roadmap that has been agreed with Absa envisages receipt of binding offers by the end of January 2019.”

PwC will be able to receive more bids until December 3, after which shortlisted firms will be allowed to start their due diligence, including interviewing management. 
Applause Applause Applause
I will have my hands full signing sale/offer documents in 2019!
KK, and possibly Unga. Perhaps even ARM. Applause Applause Applause

Will there be anything left for ordinary shareholders

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#962 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:23:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Dangote-in-race-to-buy-troubled-ARM-Cement/539546-4842116-view-asAMP-ksxd19/index.html
PwC said the process of selling ARM or part of its assets was being handled by South African banking giant Absa, which was appointed as the transaction adviser.

“Various parties have been in contact with the administrators expressing interest in the company’s businesses and assets in both Kenya and Tanzania,” the administrators said in a report to ARM’s creditors.

“The transaction roadmap that has been agreed with Absa envisages receipt of binding offers by the end of January 2019.”

PwC will be able to receive more bids until December 3, after which shortlisted firms will be allowed to start their due diligence, including interviewing management. 

Hallucinations. ARM will have nothing left

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#963 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:54:34 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:

On ARM, whatever I may get will be like the expensive toy behind the window we admire but know we are unlikely to get.
I wrote it off after 2 days of angst but just like that girl that got away but who we think of once in a while, even when we are in a happy relationship.

ARM was a mpango for me. It was exciting. Lakini, nimerudi nyumbani to my boring KK, Unga, KenRe na kadhalika.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#964 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 2:04:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:

On ARM, whatever I may get will be like the expensive toy behind the window we admire but know we are unlikely to get.
I wrote it off after 2 days of angst but just like that girl that got away but who we think of once in a while, even when we are in a happy relationship.

ARM was a mpango for me. It was exciting. Lakini, nimerudi nyumbani to my boring KK, Unga, KenRe na kadhalika.

Your adventure at KK and UNGA is not quite different from mine at KQ

VituVingiSana
#965 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 7:01:45 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:

Very different. The takeovers, while welcome, are not necessary.

The Intrinsic Value of KK and Unga are positive (vs my investment cost). I also get decent (not spectacular) dividends from both. Add decent prospects of growth for the near future. Marathon runners who do stumble once in a while but get up and continue.

"Put together a portfolio of companies whose aggregate earnings march upward over the years, and so also will the portfolio's market value," Buffett wrote in his 1996 letter to shareholders. "If you aren't willing to own a stock for ten years, don't even think about owning it for ten minutes." - Warren Buffett

I am comfortable holding Unga, KK and I&M for the next 10 years.
KenRe too, if the politicians stay out of it.

Back to the ARM which needs a Strategic Investor, with cash, but the current shareholders may not be part of the turnaround.
obiero
#966 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:51:26 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:

Very different. The takeovers, while welcome, are not necessary.

The Intrinsic Value of KK and Unga are positive (vs my investment cost). I also get decent (not spectacular) dividends from both. Add decent prospects of growth for the near future. Marathon runners who do stumble once in a while but get up and continue.

"Put together a portfolio of companies whose aggregate earnings march upward over the years, and so also will the portfolio's market value," Buffett wrote in his 1996 letter to shareholders. "If you aren't willing to own a stock for ten years, don't even think about owning it for ten minutes." - Warren Buffett

I am comfortable holding Unga, KK and I&M for the next 10 years.
KenRe too, if the politicians stay out of it.

Back to the ARM which needs a Strategic Investor, with cash, but the current shareholders may not be part of the turnaround.

There is something known as picking the bottom. KQ is known to everyone as a loss making entity but whether it will remain loss making in the years to come is debatable.. Incase KQ posts a profit, will it's price remain at circa KES 12 which is the current fair value?

VituVingiSana
#967 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 9:22:34 AM

@Obiero - If I ever list a firm and I need someone to fire up the suckers, I mean investors, I will hire you. Applause Applause Applause

I have never seen anyone with so much enthusiasm and staying power for a firm that has wiped out 100bn+ in 5 years, has no chance of making a real profit in the near future (FY 2018) and run by folks who have no significant skin in the game. [Not MJ, SM, pilots, crew, engineers]
obiero
#968 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:26:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@Obiero - If I ever list a firm and I need someone to fire up the suckers, I mean investors, I will hire you. Applause Applause Applause

I have never seen anyone with so much enthusiasm and staying power for a firm that has wiped out 100bn+ in 5 years, has no chance of making a real profit in the near future (FY 2018) and run by folks who have no significant skin in the game. [Not MJ, SM, pilots, crew, engineers]

KQ even without Michael Joseph, Sebastian Mikosz, Martin Oduor Otieno, remains a company that has been in existence over 40 years with deep institutional memory. Labelling KQ a failed firm is inappropriate and unwarranted. Only Naikuni planned for KQ demise, but he was unsuccessful

VituVingiSana
#969 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:33:30 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KQ even without Michael Joseph, Sebastian Mikosz, Martin Oduor Otieno, remains a company that has been in existence over 40 years with deep institutional memory. Labelling KQ a failed firm is inappropriate and unwarranted. Only Naikuni planned for KQ demise, but he was unsuccessful

KenolKobil: 13th May 1959 [59 years]
Unga: 1908 [110 years]
obiero
#970 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:34:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

obiero
#971 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:37:26 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KenolKobil: 13th May 1959 [59 years]
Unga: 1908 [110 years]

KCB 1896 .. Remove KK out of this discussion as it is a blood money firm, built on the sweat of hard working Kenyans who got swindled by the late

smitha
#972 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:23:30 AM

Looks like a done deal if awaiting regulatory approval?

ARM Takeover 10 shs a share. Debt will be absorbed by the buyer:

https://www.standardmedi...ut-of-arm-in-sh10b-deal
winmak
#973 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:33:58 AM

smitha wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Best Christmas gift
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
smitha
#974 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:52:24 AM

Will there be a bidding war by Dangote and other third parties:

https://www.businessdail...880816-h46eq5/index.html
Ericsson
#975 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:58:01 AM

[quote=smitha]Will there be a bidding war by Dangote and other third parties:

https://www.businessdail...80816-h46eq5/index.html[/quote]

It's a done deal as others wait for Rubis takeover.
Shareholders it seems will get nothing from this deal as creditors take first priority
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Horton
#976 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 12:15:07 PM

smitha wrote:

Where does it say 10/- a share??
smitha
#977 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 12:43:16 PM

Ericsson,

Creditors do not get first priority. It is an acquisition of ARM as a going concern as the acquisition is of shares at the reported value of KES 10 billion. There are 1 billion shares in issue so that equals 10 bob a share by my calculation.

As reported in the Article, the buyer absorbs the debt, my reading of that is that the buyer settles the debt separately once it acquires the shares.

DYOR
smitha
#978 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 1:01:27 PM

I guess we will get more clarity in the next few days/weeks.

Hope it comes good for the private investors who bought ARM shares in good faith on the NSE.
obiero
#979 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 6:55:29 PM

smitha wrote:

Hope it comes good for the private investors who bought ARM shares in good faith on the NSE.

Hope is not an investment strategy. Anyone who bought ARM shares in the past two years can be considered reckless.. And those who bought it three months before suspension are insane men and women. Sorry to say. All writing was on the wall

Angelica _ann
#980 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:26:13 PM

obiero wrote:
smitha wrote:

Hope is not an investment strategy. Anyone who bought ARM shares in the past two years can be considered reckless.. And those who bought it three months before suspension are insane men and women. Sorry to say. All writing was on the wall

I hope CDC Group will protect us the small shareholders smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen