wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

P.O. Box at Posta. Corruption?
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 9:04:39 AM

I have a P.O.Box (individual not corporate) that I naively paid whatever I was told the price was when I got the box some years back. The Box is in a prime and leafy suburb and there is therefore very high demand for them there. Not thinking anything funny was going on, I continued to enjoy usage of the box's services for the number of years I had paid for it. This year I got a renewal notice in the same box that looked like it had been typed in a jua kali computer. The rate had now rocketed to 9,450 kshs pesa taslimu (the corporate rate)! This is what led me to check what rates for P.O. Boxes were on their website and I realised that even the initial amount I paid (about 3,000 bob per year) was a swindle. Individual boxes go for a standard 2k per year. When I confronted the posta worker at the desk hapo, he told me that my box "was a corporate box." But how does a corporation have an individual's name, I thought to myself.

I then asked him how long had my box been a corporate box and he said "all the boxes here have been corporate boxes for over 5 years!" I did not believe him so told him I would come back on Monday. Thankfully for me they have their online portal where you can register and pay by M-pesa. Paid the 2k fee and got the beautiful renewal certificate a few seconds ago. Moral of the story, pay online, my frens. Second moral of the story, digitisation really works well to stem corruption. The guys at the desk can tell you all sorts of stories but a computer cannot lie and keeps record. May Jubilee and handshake brigade digitise us fully to the skies in the coming years so Kenya can move forward at rapid clip!

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu
Chaka
#2 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 12:24:51 PM

Ok,so the same crooks are the ones who gave you the renewal cert.?And what do you use the P.O.BOX for I wonder,for me its used to receive car log book and occasionally should I import stuff from Amazon..Otherwise,the box is quite idle..
kayhara
#3 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 1:17:28 PM

Do you know that you don't need a p.o. box to receive either mail or packages via posts, just need the names and I'd number of the recepient plus a phone number, send it a particular posts for collection call your guy and you are good, corruption aside posts handles packages gently unlike kina coast bus
To Each His Own
MugundaMan
#4 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 1:57:42 PM

Chaka wrote:
Ok,so the same crooks are the ones who gave you the renewal cert.?And what do you use the P.O.BOX for I wonder,for me its used to receive car log book and occasionally should I import stuff from Amazon..Otherwise,the box is quite idle..

No, the renewal cert came after payment on enjiwa (their online portal). The crooks are the ones manning my post office! Haaaai! Postbox has supermingi uses. Notices from companies, shareholder correspondence, cbk stone age letters, proof of residence in kiinya, govt documents applications need it etc etc. I make full use of mine.
MugundaMan
#5 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 2:00:38 PM

kayhara wrote:
Do you know that you don't need a p.o. box to receive either mail or packages via posts, just need the names and I'd number of the recepient plus a phone number, send it a particular posts for collection call your guy and you are good, corruption aside posts handles packages gently unlike kina coast bus

Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Was also told you can get a virtual postbox. The world is changing big time. All these things might be obsolete ten years from now
hardwood
#6 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 2:33:44 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Was also told you can get a virtual postbox. The world is changing big time. All these things might be obsolete ten years from now

You need an own P.O. box when buying plotis, doing tenders and other deals. Ama you use your employers address or your mum's address in the village?
Chaka
#7 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 2:51:03 PM

kayhara wrote:

Do you mean EMS speedpost?Can a vehicle logbook be sent to you by KRA using that method?
Impunity
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:16:51 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Chaka wrote:

No, the renewal cert came after payment on enjiwa (their online portal). The crooks are the ones manning my post office! Haaaai! Postbox has supermingi uses. Notices from companies, shareholder correspondence, cbk stone age letters, proof of residence in kiinya, govt documents applications need it etc etc. I make full use of mine.

Nditto.
Alot of applications in Kenya and worldwide still has that column to enter your postal address.
It will take some time for the old good post to disappear.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.