Kenya Airways...why ignore..
jmbada
#11281 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:40:42 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
This ties in perfectly with the JFK route, high risk high returns. If KQ doesn't turn a profit by H1 2019, I will sell at whatever prevailing price.. Mungu mbele

Which profit? Net???

Yes. We already saw the KQ operating profit recently.. So right now it's all about the bottom line. With the recent moves in Cape Town, Mauritius, Gabon, USA and now Somalia, the revenues can only face one way as there are now only two serious African carriers

Costs are off the roof... Hapa hakuna net profit in the foreseeable future... Maybe 2023.

You lie at such a late hour? How ungodly! KQ costs have been on a quarter to quarter decline over the last 5 years and USA launch had to eat up some cash.. Nothing is free in this world, KQ is renting office space in 1835 Broadway suite 604 as its sales office. In the middle of New York city, of course it's expensive! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Spend money to make money

Bear in mind that this is mid-year AND unaudited....yet this is the best they could publish?
obiero
#11282 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:46:46 AM

jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
This ties in perfectly with the JFK route, high risk high returns. If KQ doesn't turn a profit by H1 2019, I will sell at whatever prevailing price.. Mungu mbele

Which profit? Net???

Yes. We already saw the KQ operating profit recently.. So right now it's all about the bottom line. With the recent moves in Cape Town, Mauritius, Gabon, USA and now Somalia, the revenues can only face one way as there are now only two serious African carriers

Costs are off the roof... Hapa hakuna net profit in the foreseeable future... Maybe 2023.

You lie at such a late hour? How ungodly! KQ costs have been on a quarter to quarter decline over the last 5 years and USA launch had to eat up some cash.. Nothing is free in this world, KQ is renting office space in 1835 Broadway suite 604 as its sales office. In the middle of New York city, of course it's expensive! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Spend money to make money

Bear in mind that this is mid-year AND unaudited....yet this is the best they could publish?

It's a much improved performance for a company that is turning around. We all know KQ is loss making at the moment but the question is will it remain

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#11283 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 1:07:36 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:

Which profit? Net???

If they make a profit I will buy you a Macallan Fine Oak 21 YO... Na buddy pass zinarudi... Whoop whoop...

I offer Glenfiddich 12 incase you overcome my prophecy of a profit by H1 2019

Deal...
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#11284 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:37:01 PM

BD reports that KQ is cutting down on NBO-NYC flights during the winter season.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#11285 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:42:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Well... šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

obiero
#11286 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 11:00:21 PM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Kudos for the quick reaction by management

hardwood
#11287 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:13:17 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

[TWEET]1062424727875149826?s=19/TWEET]

Then let them concentrate on mogadishu and timbuktu. That is where they belong.
jmbada
#11288 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:32:37 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Viboko for attrocious demand projectuons
obiero
#11289 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:52:30 AM

jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Winter couples up with Xmas. Who travels away from home over this season

maka
#11290 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:02:23 AM

obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Ummh why did we not start with 3 flights per week?
Ericsson
#11291 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:53:03 AM

Robert ALAI, HSC Retweeted Robert ALAI, HSC
14 days ago I told you that KQ was going to cut down the flights, it has been done. I tell you something again, they sold the 777s for a song and now they are begging the buyers to lease two back. 787 is not as cost effective as the 777.

Is this true Maka
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#11292 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:54:59 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Because when you are starting out a cosmetic, electric, electrical or any other shop you stock every necessary item in hope of a possible sale and demand thereafter guides you on the restocking levels

ArrestedDev
#11293 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:02:57 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Where was the data to determine the days of the week? Non-stop then scale down as the information is received from the bookings seems the best option.

Your fat CEO beats everyone else in strategy. Anticipated losses already mitigated through the reduction in frequencies.
jmbada
#11294 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:08:41 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Because when you are starting out a cosmetic, electric, electrical or any other shop you stock every necessary item in hope of a possible sale and demand thereafter guides you on the restocking levels

This is completely different. KQ already had flight data available for US bound passengers well before the launch. And if you are opening any shop and don't conduct basic research, eg on foot traffic, you are simply looking to create employment not make a profit. The article itself is self contadictory. They say that they had already decided to start out with a lower flight frequency as far back as October 28th, but announced daily flights at the time of launch.
ArrestedDev
#11295 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:08:49 AM

Ericsson wrote:
14 days ago I told you that KQ was going to cut down the flights, it has been done. I tell you something again, they sold the 777s for a song and now they are begging the buyers to lease two back. 787 is not as cost effective as the 777.

Is this true Maka

Change of tact necessary to mitigate losses. Alai knows nothing on this.

787 is efficient than 777-200.

The 777-200 sold were dated. All are being retired globally and replaced by 787-900.

The KQ 777-300 are being returned next year by Turkish as planned. There is nothing to beg for. If KQ wants to terminate the sub-lease agreement then there is a clause in the contract which will be triggered.
maka
#11296 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:17:07 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Is this true Maka

The 777-200 sold were dated. All are being retired globally and replaced by 787-900.

The KQ 777-300 are being returned next year by Turkish as planned. There is nothing to beg for. If KQ wants to terminate the sub-lease agreement then there is a clause in the contract which will be triggered.

Actually I believe one is around... Being serviced.
Issue is will they fill that bird?
ArrestedDev
#11297 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:09:07 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Is this true Maka

Great news. Oversize cargo upload i.e. China and even LHR as currently one plane can serve those 2 destinations.
ArrestedDev
#11298 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:24:08 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Is this true Maka

Great news. Oversize cargo upload i.e. China and even LHR as currently one plane can serve those 2 destinations.

It can also be used to deal with the JFK cancellations. Non-commerciallly viable day to be canceled and transferred to B777 the following day rather than giving an option to be rerouted through Paris and Amsterdam.

Again, this is enough evidence that Sebastian is very tactful and very commerciallly sensitive.

maka
#11299 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:26:13 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Is this true Maka

It can also be used to deal with the JFK cancellations. Non-commerciallly viable day to be canceled and transferred to B777 the following day rather than giving an option to be rerouted through Paris and Amsterdam.

Again, this is enough evidence that Sebastian is very tactful and very commerciallly sensitive.

I would go with LHR that flight is almost always full... Even getting the jump seat is an issue.
obiero
#11300 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:26:35 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Is this true Maka

Ditto! Iā€™m particularly very glad on how Somalia is being rolled out, very tactfully without fanfare.. The new management is indeed way better than Ngunze