wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Very Interesting Nairobi to Botswana road trip
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:32:25 AM

1. Dustbowl looks beautiful all the way to Namangas as always smile

2. What sort of country (TZ) has a maximum speed limit of 60 KMH? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I have never heard of such all over the world. No wonder they are always struggling to develop. Mwendo ni pole pole taratibu no hurry in Africa!

3. Tanzanian roads seem pretty good from the video. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the towns and buildings. Kumbe outside of Dar it is just depressing run down towns with rusty mabati roofs even high up the hills. Makes one appreciate our lovely Kenya. Siku hizi even in the villages you see several lovely maisonettes coming up. TZ has a long way to go. OAN, why put the groundnuts on the dashboard like that jamani?

4. Zambia is a disaster! Their roads are a disaster! Their capital city with just one tall building is a grand disaster! But their small towns are quaint and quality of buildings is a bit better than TZ. I have been to Livingstone before so I can attest.

5. I MUST visit Kazungula border town in my lifetime. Yaani you can see three countries from the shoreline of Zambia? I wonder why this town is virtually unheard of. Could be a turned into a great tourist attraction.

6. Bots roads look very good but for all their vaunted "development" the place looks rather shabby and towns look small and are nothing to write home about.

7. Are those fellow Kiinyans he delivered the mzingos to? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. If yes, enyewe Kiinyans have colonies everywhere, hata in the frigid wilds of Alaska there is a huge colony there as well!

8. We complain a lot about our Kiinya lakini jameni tuko mbele sana. No wonder some Zambians and Tanzanias say "tunaenda Ulaya" (yes many Zambians speak Kiswahili too) when coming to Kenya. I can imagine someone coming from the reverse direction who has never been to Kenya. By the time they arrive at Namanga border, on the nywee road past Kajiado and start seeing the beautiful dustbowl mansions dotting the landscapes on both sides of the road for endless kms they would already be awestruck. By the time they get to Mombasa rd and see the swarms of gleaming machines in logjam traffic they will be impressed. By the time they get to Upper Hill and see the world class near-tallest buildings in Africa scraping the skies mambo kwisha, they will NEVER want to leave Nairobi again! Let's appreciate our beautiful country and make it better, dear Kenyans. For those who love complaining just remember, there is a whole lot worse out there!

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu!
Coolio
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:38:34 AM

When and how much?
Nadondosha meli kubwa seuze ngalawa!
KulaRaha
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:03:51 AM

I'd love to do this, but from Nairobi to CapeTown. Its a dream!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Obi 1 Kanobi
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:04:00 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

2. What sort of country (TZ) has a maximum speed limit of 60 KMH? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I have never heard of such all over the world. No wonder they are always struggling to develop. Mwendo ni pole pole taratibu no hurry in Africa!

3. Tanzanian roads seem pretty good from the video. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the towns and buildings. Kumbe outside of Dar it is just depressing run down towns with rusty mabati roofs even high up the hills. Makes one appreciate our lovely Kenya. Siku hizi even in the villages you see several lovely maisonettes coming up. TZ has a long way to go. OAN, why put the groundnuts on the dashboard like that jamani?

4. Zambia is a disaster! Their roads are a disaster! Their capital city with just one tall building is a grand disaster! But their small towns are quaint and quality of buildings is a bit better than TZ. I have been to Livingstone before so I can attest.

5. I MUST visit Kazungula border town in my lifetime. Yaani you can see three countries from the shoreline of Zambia? I wonder why this town is virtually unheard of. Could be a turned into a great tourist attraction.

6. Bots roads look very good but for all their vaunted "development" the place looks rather shabby and towns look small and are nothing to write home about.

7. Are those fellow Kiinyans he delivered the mzingos to? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. If yes, enyewe Kiinyans have colonies everywhere, hata in the frigid wilds of Alaska there is a huge colony there as well!

8. We complain a lot about our Kiinya lakini jameni tuko mbele sana. No wonder some Zambians and Tanzanias say "tunaenda Ulaya" (yes many Zambians speak Kiswahili too) when coming to Kenya. I can imagine someone coming from the reverse direction who has never been to Kenya. By the time they arrive at Namanga border, on the nywee road past Kajiado and start seeing the beautiful dustbowl mansions dotting the landscapes on both sides of the road for endless kms they would already be awestruck. By the time they get to Mombasa rd and see the swarms of gleaming machines in logjam traffic they will be impressed. By the time they get to Upper Hill and see the world class near-tallest buildings in Africa scraping the skies mambo kwisha, they will NEVER want to leave Nairobi again! Let's appreciate our beautiful country and make it better, dear Kenyans. For those who love complaining just remember, there is a whole lot worse out there!

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu!

You are very biased, there is no difference between Kenya and any of those countries I saw in terms of development, the roads are similar, the buildings are similar etc. But I do agree, Kenya is home.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
MugundaMan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:04:42 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu!

You are very biased, there is no difference between Kenya and any of those countries I saw in terms of development, the roads are similar, the buildings are similar etc. But I do agree, Kenya is home.

Have you been to Zambia? Go visit and see for yourself then report. Comparing Lusaka to Nairobi is like comparing Lodwar town to Nairobi City. Haiwezimek.
Thitifini
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:07:52 PM

Coolio wrote:
When and how much?

I tried to do this some 4 years ago but didn't manage. Then I had discovered a company doing the Cape Town and back, 8 weeks (or so if I remember) for KES 98k per head...... Camping on the road except three 3*hotels in Zambia, Gaborone and Cape Town....The company was run by some wahindis. If I recall the name from notes can share....

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
MugundaMan
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:29:28 AM

Thitifini wrote:
Coolio wrote:
When and how much?

I tried to do this some 4 years ago but didn't manage. Then I had discovered a company doing the Cape Town and back, 8 weeks (or so if I remember) for KES 98k per head...... Camping on the road except three 3*hotels in Zambia, Gaborone and Cape Town....The company was run by some wahindis. If I recall the name from notes can share....

Not bad at all! Sounds like quite an adventure.
KulaRaha
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:40:46 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
Coolio wrote:
When and how much?

Imagine being off grid for 8 weeks....PURE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
masukuma
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:32:21 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

There is nothing at Kazungula! just a ferry crossing. it's geeky that you can take a photo with your feet in Zambia, your left hand 'in' Angola, your head 'in' Botswana and your right hand 'in' Zimbabwe - but that's just it!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Angelica _ann
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:36:05 PM

masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

There is nothing at Kazungula! just a ferry crossing. it's geeky that you can take a photo with your feet in Zambia, your left hand 'in' Angola, your head 'in' Botswana and your right hand 'in' Zimbabwe - but that's just it!

Useless act based on imaginary boundaries created by mizungu, bure kabisa.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:42:21 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Yep. Africa is one country.
MugundaMan
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:42:39 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
Coolio wrote:
When and how much?

Imagine being off grid for 8 weeks....PURE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. trying to recreate that in one spot in dust bowl smile
MugundaMan
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:46:49 PM

masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Africa's golden triangle smile
You are on of those people who will find watching the water swirl in opposite directions as you straddle the equator "boring" but I don't blame you oo. Reminds me of my rela who cried that I was "foolish" for going to see Victoria Falls because that money could have been "well spent on crates of Tusker and a very juicy roast goat for the weekend."
MugundaMan
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:49:27 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Double A, you seem to hate everything in life: mithungu, dust bowl, going to church, the Kenyan economy, God, Nairobi, morals... Raising up kids in the ways of the Lord... The list is endless. Is there anything on this planet you DO NOT hate? #Low self-esteem
masukuma
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 4:33:17 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

You are on of those people who will find watching the water swirl in opposite directions as you straddle the equator "boring" but I don't blame you oo. Reminds me of my rela who cried that I was "foolish" for going to see Victoria Falls because that money could have been "well spent on crates of Tusker and a very juicy roast goat for the weekend."

Listen... I saw it on the map... I was facinated... I engineered a way to go to Livingstone over some holiday, I then forced people to drive 40kms from Livingstone to go to Kazungula so that I could check a box on the list of fascinating places I have visited. It's a geeky thing to do... not everyone is geeky! most of the people I was with didn't see the 'wow' in it and found it as a wasted day until we crossed into Botswana for some shopping.
washiku
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 4:35:15 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Double A, you seem to hate everything in life: mithungu, dust bowl, going to church, the Kenyan economy, God, Nairobi, morals... Raising up kids in the ways of the Lord... The list is endless. Is there anything on this planet you DO NOT hate? #Low self-esteem

You seem to be very new in Wazua. Am not her spokesperson in any way, but Angelica is one of the most refined ladies in this republic. And, ooh yeah, there are things she loves so much, actually adores.
masukuma
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:23:21 PM

washiku wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

You seem to be very new in Wazua. Am not her spokesperson in any way, but Angelica is one of the most refined ladies in this republic. And, ooh yeah, there are things she loves so much, actually adores.

Watu waachane na Double A

Kusadikika
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:03:50 PM

masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Listen... I saw it on the map... I was facinated... I engineered a way to go to Livingstone over some holiday, I then forced people to drive 40kms from Livingstone to go to Kazungula so that I could check a box on the list of fascinating places I have visited. It's a geeky thing to do... not everyone is geeky! most of the people I was with didn't see the 'wow' in it and found it as a wasted day until we crossed into Botswana for some shopping.

Different things are fascinating to different people. For me, if you have not seen the mighty Zambezi, you have not seen a river. Hizo zingine ni mitaro za maji. If you call Thompson falls a waterfall you have not seen a waterfall. You need to see..... no, you need to experience the thunder of the mighty Mosi-Oa-Tunya na usiende wakati wa Kiangazi, go during the rainy season when it is roaring in all its power and you can barely see it except through the constant foggy rain of its splash.
tycho
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:53:26 PM

masukuma wrote:
washiku wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Watu waachane na Double A

Usifanye @Clozifake apate insomnia the whole week!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:25:04 PM

washiku wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Yet to be seen in even a SINGLE response to any of my threads or posts Laughing out loudly
I know her for crying and whining about everything and anything ngweeeeh 24/7