#321 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 1:56:32 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Apparently, Ohana can only exercise 37.25mn of the ESOP shares.

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.

All the best Chief. Toka NSE na hizo fraud briefcase purchases, kisha uone vile sisi hufanya. Why would a CEO aim to dispose his entire stake in a company he runs. If this isn’t insider dealing, sijui basi..

Jacob Segman and Ohana. Combined crooks, kenol kobil could have fetched more

Even CMA saw this as fraudulent;
https://www.businessdail...3586-15je2ol/index.html

KenolKobil chief executive David Ohana’s payout from the sale of his ESOP shares to French firm Rubis Energie is now at risk of shrinking by a whopping Sh644.5 million.

This follows the regulator’s insistence that the applicable rules do not allow him to take home the amounts indicated earlier.

KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme.

Alot of noise,a sale doesn't like this noise.

Kwani all the ESOP at KK belong to Ohana?

I think puma saw alot of debts and some court cases now rubis might see this emerging controversy.

I bought some KK last year but soon got informed of the underhand tactics in the books including sale of oil products destined for SS thus denying KRA tax, hence had to sell at a small profit. It seems that all along Ohana had his eye on the KES 2B prize and nothing else

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Aguytrying
#322 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 4:27:35 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.

I've also had my eye on safcom since this deal was announced. Especially at recent price. Let it stay there while kk cooks
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ebenyo
#323 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 5:00:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

All the best Chief. Toka NSE na hizo fraud briefcase purchases, kisha uone vile sisi hufanya. Why would a CEO aim to dispose his entire stake in a company he runs. If this isn’t insider dealing, sijui basi..

KenolKobil chief executive David Ohana’s payout from the sale of his ESOP shares to French firm Rubis Energie is now at risk of shrinking by a whopping Sh644.5 million.

This follows the regulator’s insistence that the applicable rules do not allow him to take home the amounts indicated earlier.

KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme.

The sooner we close this deal,the better for all of us: Rubis,Ohana and us.Too much noise is not good for us.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#324 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 5:06:45 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The sooner we close this deal,the better for all of us: Rubis,Ohana and us.Too much noise is not good for us.

I hope ujasahau your Kenya power
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#325 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 8:03:05 PM

"KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme."

This is good. It's not fair to have all the goodies going to a few at the top. In this case, just one person considering there is usually a team effort.

“It, however, can be corrected by the trustees to increase the limit to allow me get the 88 million shares. I think that is what will happen eventually…but there is procedure of how to do this,” he said.

Of course, the trustees will do it for him but...

"No other KenolKobil executive is known to have been allotted Esop options under the scheme."

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you IMHO, some should have been allocated to long-serving employees who also made KK what it is.

As much as a fan of James Mworia that I am... I think the "bonuses" need to reflect what others also do or provide.

I am cognizant that there are different contracts eg low salary with a high bonus, etc. Some prefer high salaries instead of a bonus structure.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kawi254
#326 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:44:14 PM

Vivo Energy, Total eat into KenolKobil's market share

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
VituVingiSana
#327 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:07:33 AM

kawi254 wrote:

@VVS will say Ohana has been focusing on improving the bottom line and not on volumes but the slide in market share has been consistent for last few years. The competition from all the Somali petrol stations is real.

KK shareholders should take the money offered and run and leave the 'shell' to Rubis
ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#328 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:14:23 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

ASAP! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I am waiting for the IM and forms.

Let's break it down:

"The oil marketer has in recent years pulled out of market segments it described as less profitable as part of its turnaround plan, deliberately ceding market share to its top rivals."

"In overall market share, including exports to the regional markets, KenolKobil is ranked second at 13.2 per cent, tying with Total and behind Vivo with 14.6 per cent." >>> That's a small difference between the three.

The OVERALL market is much larger than just Kenya. So whereas KK has lost market share in Kenya, it is very strong in the region.

One can't compete against fuel that might be adulterated or comes in via panya routes. That's something KRA needs to deal with.

Ohana is the panya router himself. Remember last week KRA matter in regards to South Sudan consignment

VituVingiSana
#329 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:17:47 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Let's break it down:

Ohana is the panya router himself. Remember last week KRA matter in regards to South Sudan consignment
KRA is known to try to intimidate folks. Let KRA prove its case in court. Only 59mn which is 50% of what Ngunze got from the Kenyan Taxpayer as a "consultant"
Ericsson
#330 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:12:16 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Let's break it down:

To add on the decline in mkt share for kk, the demand/consumption of oil from september has been on a decline.
VituVingiSana
#331 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:54:47 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Let's break it down:

To add on the decline in mkt share for kk, the demand/consumption of oil from september has been on a decline.

Gasp! What will we do? What will we do? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Rubis Pray Pray Pray make it happen!
My next core investment might be Centum pending some serious legwork.

@Ericsson - What are your holdings? Eh?
Ericsson
#332 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:22:12 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Let's break it down:

Gasp! What will we do? What will we do? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Rubis Pray Pray Pray make it happen!
My next core investment might be Centum pending some serious legwork.

@Ericsson - What are your holdings? Eh?

KCB
Safaricom
Coop
Kengen
VituVingiSana
#333 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 4:23:38 PM

Good news for KK - but I may not benefit from the profits given Rubis wants to buy me out. https://www.businessdail...5248-hm0abcz/index.html
and Oil Slumps Below $60 in London For First Time Since October 2017 https://www.bloomberg.co...ns-of-global-supply-glut
obiero
#334 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 4:48:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Good news for KK - but I may not benefit from the profits given Rubis wants to buy me out. https://www.businessdail...5248-hm0abcz/index.html
and Oil Slumps Below $60 in London For First Time Since October 2017 https://www.bloomberg.co...s-of-global-supply-glut

Good news for KK or KQ?

Ericsson
#335 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 4:50:27 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
and Oil Slumps Below $60 in London For First Time Since October 2017 https://www.bloomberg.co...s-of-global-supply-glut

Good news for KK or KQ?

KQ and those who travel by plane frequently
Ericsson
#336 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 12:11:25 PM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Good news for KK - but I may not benefit from the profits given Rubis wants to buy me out. https://www.businessdail...5248-hm0abcz/index.html
and Oil Slumps Below $60 in London For First Time Since October 2017 https://www.bloomberg.co...s-of-global-supply-glut[/quote]

The purchase of kk by Rubis is on a standstill
obiero
#337 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:15:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The purchase of kk by Rubis is on a standstill

Unfortunately

kawi254
#338 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:42:22 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good news for KK or KQ?

KQ went back to hedging fuel and I will not be surprised they have repeated Naikuni Era/(error) hedging mistakes so they may not benefit from Oil slump
Ericsson
#339 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:48:27 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good news for KK or KQ?

KQ went back to hedging fuel and I will not be surprised they have repeated Naikuni Era/(error) hedging mistakes so they may not benefit from Oil slump

I ain't sure how contracts for supply of fuel are done in airline industry.
Maybe the hedging contract they signed is for 3 months which gives the airline and passengers adequate room for ticket prices adjustments
obiero
#340 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 6:18:47 PM

Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good news for KK or KQ?

I ain't sure how contracts for supply of fuel are done in airline industry.
Maybe the hedging contract they signed is for 3 months which gives the airline and passengers adequate room for ticket prices adjustments

Plus they could hedge more as the price slumps