wazua Wed, Jan 16, 2019
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<23456>
Safaricom HY 2018/2019
Ericsson
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 8:34:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,945
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safricom keeps on winning
https://www.safaricom.co...ess-release/release/491

Safcom needs to offer "home security" as well with the Home Fibre packages.
Home Internet
Mobile Internet/service
Home Insurance
Home Security

Good product but out of reach of the majority

True but segmentation. Make small gains everywhere. Toyota sells the popular and workhorse Probox as well as the much pricier and luxury Lexus.

VW sells mass market cars and I think also owns Audi and Porsche.

Irrelevant example
murchr
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 8:46:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 13,721
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safricom keeps on winning
https://www.safaricom.co...ess-release/release/491

Safcom needs to offer "home security" as well with the Home Fibre packages.
Home Internet
Mobile Internet/service
Home Insurance
Home Security

Good product but out of reach of the majority

True but segmentation. Make small gains everywhere. Toyota sells the popular and workhorse Probox as well as the much pricier and luxury Lexus.

VW sells mass market cars and I think also owns Audi and Porsche.

Irrelevant example


Know your customer. If you do not you will lose money beating about the bush. Safaricom is very aware of who they are targeting here. Not the masses or you Ericsson...
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
VituVingiSana
#63 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:11:34 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,095
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safricom keeps on winning
https://www.safaricom.co...ess-release/release/491

Safcom needs to offer "home security" as well with the Home Fibre packages.
Home Internet
Mobile Internet/service
Home Insurance
Home Security

Good product but out of reach of the majority

True but segmentation. Make small gains everywhere. Toyota sells the popular and workhorse Probox as well as the much pricier and luxury Lexus.

VW sells mass market cars and I think also owns Audi and Porsche.

Irrelevant example
Liar Liar Liar
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:18:52 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,095
Location: Nairobi
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safricom keeps on winning
https://www.safaricom.co...ess-release/release/491

Safcom needs to offer "home security" as well with the Home Fibre packages.
Home Internet
Mobile Internet/service
Home Insurance
Home Security

Good product but out of reach of the majority

True but segmentation. Make small gains everywhere. Toyota sells the popular and workhorse Probox as well as the much pricier and luxury Lexus.

VW sells mass market cars and I think also owns Audi and Porsche.

Irrelevant example


Know your customer. If you do not you will lose money beating about the bush. Safaricom is very aware of who they are targeting here. Not the masses or you Ericsson...
I use Faiba4G and Airtel too since I am a "Value Investor/Consumer" BUT I do see the attractiveness of a single account/bundle. If Faiba4G folds up then I may look at Saf for my data needs.

I am glad Safaricom is targeting all the segments. Some of the ideas [just like cars] will filter down.
Airbags were expensive additions. Now they are increasingly standard.
ABS, seatbelts, crumple zones, automatic shifting, etc slowly found their way into mass market cares.

I don't think Saf is "cheap" but the potential for growth in sales of data is very good. I estimate at least 50%+ growth is Kenya's data consumption by FY 2022-23 vs FY 2018-19.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:34:53 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 13,721
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safricom keeps on winning
https://www.safaricom.co...ess-release/release/491

Safcom needs to offer "home security" as well with the Home Fibre packages.
Home Internet
Mobile Internet/service
Home Insurance
Home Security

Good product but out of reach of the majority

True but segmentation. Make small gains everywhere. Toyota sells the popular and workhorse Probox as well as the much pricier and luxury Lexus.

VW sells mass market cars and I think also owns Audi and Porsche.

Irrelevant example


Know your customer. If you do not you will lose money beating about the bush. Safaricom is very aware of who they are targeting here. Not the masses or you Ericsson...
I use Faiba4G and Airtel too since I am a "Value Investor/Consumer" BUT I do see the attractiveness of a single account/bundle. If Faiba4G folds up then I may look at Saf for my data needs.

I am glad Safaricom is targeting all the segments. Some of the ideas [just like cars] will filter down.
Airbags were expensive additions. Now they are increasingly standard.
ABS, seatbelts, crumple zones, automatic shifting, etc slowly found their way into mass market cares.

I don't think Saf is "cheap" but the potential for growth in sales of data is very good. I estimate at least 50%+ growth is Kenya's data consumption by FY 2022-23 vs FY 2018-19.


Data is a need. We are slowly moving to a world where you want to be connected everytime with every device. This is just the beginning for Kenya there's room for all Safcom, Airtel, faiba etc if only they would invest in the infrastructure. If Safcom sustains the home fiber business, they may get to tv like Youtube. Then that would be the end of the likes of DSTV and its cousins


"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
VituVingiSana
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:36:46 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,095
Location: Nairobi
Safaricom connects 30,000 more homes to fibre Internet in six months
https://www.businessdail...43116-h4tel4/index.html
This is getting sweeter and sweeter.
Applause Applause Applause
This also saw it increase its fibre coverage by 400 to pass by 2,000 businesses. The latest statistics indicate that Safaricom has so far connected 171,000 homes with fibre internet.

The firm reported that fixed data, one of Safaricom’s latest business ventures, earned it Sh3.9 billion revenue, representing 21 per cent year-on-year growth.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#67 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:45:17 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 696
Location: Kenya
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safricom keeps on winning
https://www.safaricom.co...ess-release/release/491

Safcom needs to offer "home security" as well with the Home Fibre packages.
Home Internet
Mobile Internet/service
Home Insurance
Home Security

That mobile data is looking enticing!!!!
Ericsson
#68 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:49:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,945
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safaricom connects 30,000 more homes to fibre Internet in six months
https://www.businessdail...43116-h4tel4/index.html
This is getting sweeter and sweeter.
Applause Applause Applause
This also saw it increase its fibre coverage by 400 to pass by 2,000 businesses. The latest statistics indicate that Safaricom has so far connected 171,000 homes with fibre internet.

The firm reported that fixed data, one of Safaricom’s latest business ventures, earned it Sh3.9 billion revenue, representing 21 per cent year-on-year growth.


171,000 homes connected, active is less than 40,000
VituVingiSana
#69 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 11:35:16 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,095
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Safaricom connects 30,000 more homes to fibre Internet in six months
https://www.businessdail...43116-h4tel4/index.html
This is getting sweeter and sweeter.
Applause Applause Applause
This also saw it increase its fibre coverage by 400 to pass by 2,000 businesses. The latest statistics indicate that Safaricom has so far connected 171,000 homes with fibre internet.

The firm reported that fixed data, one of Safaricom’s latest business ventures, earned it Sh3.9 billion revenue, representing 21 per cent year-on-year growth.


171,000 homes connected, active is less than 40,000

and growing by double digits.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#70 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 4:49:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,945
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.capitalfm.co...nd-innovation-division/

Safaricom Chief Executive Officer Bob Collymore has announced the appointment of Debra Mallowah to the new position of Chief Business Development Officer.

The former GlaxoSmithKline Eastern Africa General Manager will join Safaricom from January 2019. Joe Ogutu, the Chief Special Projects Officer, will hold the role in an interim capacity.

“As a member of the Executive Committee and reporting directly to me, Debra will be responsible for preparing Safaricom for the future, harnessing new business opportunities and leading innovation,” said Collymore.

Collymore said Mallowah will take over responsibility for Alpha, Safaricom’s innovation unit and will lead geographical expansion opportunities including Mergers and Acquisitions activities.

“As the Executive responsible for developing the company’s strategic direction she will also lead the new Knowledge Management team including Research as well as Insights & Big Data.”


Safaricom will suck all the good talent in the market.
Ericsson
#71 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:45:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,945
Location: NAIROBI
Michael Joseph is coming back to Safaricom as Chairman.
Ebenyo
#72 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:37:53 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,455
Location: Kitale
Ericsson wrote:
Michael Joseph is coming back to Safaricom as Chairman.


Applause Applause
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#73 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:44:38 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Michael Joseph is coming back to Safaricom as Chairman.


Applause Applause

Lies
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Ericsson
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:13:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,945
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.standardmedi...ale-of-stake-to-vodacom

Shareholders in Vodacom Tanzania on Wednesday approved the sale of a 26 percent stake owned by Mirambo Holdings Ltd to South Africa’s Vodacom Group.
Vodacom Group will acquire all of Mirambo’s 588 million shares in Vodacom Tanzania. This will result in Vodacom Group increasing its total interest in Vodacom Tanzania from 61.6 percent to 75 percent.

Vodacom should sell this stake to safaricom.
Angelica _ann
#75 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:17:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,800
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001302780/vodacom-tanzania-approves-sale-of-stake-to-vodacom

Shareholders in Vodacom Tanzania on Wednesday approved the sale of a 26 percent stake owned by Mirambo Holdings Ltd to South Africa’s Vodacom Group.
Vodacom Group will acquire all of Mirambo’s 588 million shares in Vodacom Tanzania. This will result in Vodacom Group increasing its total interest in Vodacom Tanzania from 61.6 percent to 75 percent.

Vodacom should sell this stake to safaricom.


Magufuli cannot accept that.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#76 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:27:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,945
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001302780/vodacom-tanzania-approves-sale-of-stake-to-vodacom

Shareholders in Vodacom Tanzania on Wednesday approved the sale of a 26 percent stake owned by Mirambo Holdings Ltd to South Africa’s Vodacom Group.
Vodacom Group will acquire all of Mirambo’s 588 million shares in Vodacom Tanzania. This will result in Vodacom Group increasing its total interest in Vodacom Tanzania from 61.6 percent to 75 percent.

Vodacom should sell this stake to safaricom.


Magufuli cannot accept that.

Anafaa apewe pombe huyo
VituVingiSana
#77 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:53:30 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,095
Location: Nairobi
Safaricom eases Lipa na M-Pesa transactions
https://www.businessdail...3730-d3k1p6z/index.html
"...over 21 million active M-Pesa customers"
"...customers make faster and private cashless payments at more than 2,500 sales points." [Lots of potential for growth in merchant numbers]
"...Safaricom has introduced a number of technologies over the past 18 months including Tap-To-Pay and Scan-To-Pay for payments, both shorten the process of making payments."
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
rwitre
#78 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:26:20 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/8/2018
Posts: 198
Location: Nairobi
So I was having Safarcom Fibre installed this weekend. My experience:
- Well coordinated teams. Kila mtu anajua kazi yake, and they come one after another to avoid "confusion and loitering"
- Registeration to installation all done within the same day. 8 hours for me.
- Customer care. Hawa ndio nataka kuongelelea zaidi. That lady was so polite, clear and easy going, talking me through the process, and following up a day later to get confirmations and ask about my experience with the system...I am a happy customer right now.

The person in Safaricom in charge of this segment is doing good. Huko kwingine (esp. mobile data na okoa jahazi) customers are up in arms.

Horton
#79 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:14:53 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,354
Location: Nairobi
rwitre wrote:
So I was having Safarcom Fibre installed this weekend. My experience:
- Well coordinated teams. Kila mtu anajua kazi yake, and they come one after another to avoid "confusion and loitering"
- Registeration to installation all done within the same day. 8 hours for me.
- Customer care. Hawa ndio nataka kuongelelea zaidi. That lady was so polite, clear and easy going, talking me through the process, and following up a day later to get confirmations and ask about my experience with the system...I am a happy customer right now.

The person in Safaricom in charge of this segment is doing good. Huko kwingine (esp. mobile data na okoa jahazi) customers are up in arms.



So moved from Zuku to safcom in August here. Speeds are as advertised. Nothing more nothing less. So far been consistent. It’s drama free Zuku keep calling me to return promising me all sorts of goodies 😆😆
I own shares in KCB,CYTONN, BRK.B, Almasi Beverages and a few other private small businesses
VituVingiSana
#80 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:48:29 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,095
Location: Nairobi
Horton wrote:
rwitre wrote:
So I was having Safarcom Fibre installed this weekend. My experience:
- Well coordinated teams. Kila mtu anajua kazi yake, and they come one after another to avoid "confusion and loitering"
- Registeration to installation all done within the same day. 8 hours for me.
- Customer care. Hawa ndio nataka kuongelelea zaidi. That lady was so polite, clear and easy going, talking me through the process, and following up a day later to get confirmations and ask about my experience with the system...I am a happy customer right now.

The person in Safaricom in charge of this segment is doing good. Huko kwingine (esp. mobile data na okoa jahazi) customers are up in arms.



So moved from Zuku to safcom in August here. Speeds are as advertised. Nothing more nothing less. So far been consistent. It’s drama free Zuku keep calling me to return promising me all sorts of goodies 😆😆
I need to block Zuku's number too. 1 month free. Free this. Free that. Too late.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<23456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.