Friday 27th
littledove
#883 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:25:19 PM

xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Have the 21 days extension not elapsed?

Friday 27th

27th October is on Saturday, means likely to resume on Monday 29
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Angelica _ann
#884 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:27:37 PM

littledove wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Have the 21 days extension not elapsed?

Friday 27th

27th October is on Saturday, means likely to resume on Monday 29

Incompetent CMA, wait for extension.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#885 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:39:55 PM

Apparently, the "administrators" have the go-ahead to find a strategic investor or sell the assets. This will be interesting. If ARM is sold soon as a going concern there may be a possibility of writing back some portion of the NPL but only if they move very, very fast!

https://www.businessdail...19302-kv1p0x/index.html
Creditors of ARM Cement on Tuesday voted to give the company’s administrators PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) up to September 2019 to implement several options of resolving its debt including selling assets and disposing of the entire company.

“We are looking at various options including getting strategic investors, selling assets and the whole company.”

BUT I will not hold my breath on this since I am busy waiting for Rubis to send me my chq! In the meantime, ARM remains in my NPA column as a fully provided for investment.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#886 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:01:52 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Apparently, the "administrators" have the go-ahead to find a strategic investor or sell the assets. This will be interesting. If ARM is sold soon as a going concern there may be a possibility of writing back some portion of the NPL but only if they move very, very fast!

Creditors of ARM Cement on Tuesday voted to give the company’s administrators PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) up to September 2019 to implement several options of resolving its debt including selling assets and disposing of the entire company.

“We are looking at various options including getting strategic investors, selling assets and the whole company.”

BUT I will not hold my breath on this since I am busy waiting for Rubis to send me my chq! In the meantime, ARM remains in my NPA column as a fully provided for investment.

Hahaha. Even me I have taken your strategy and fully "provided" for KQ.. Whatever that means

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
xxxxx
#887 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:16:45 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Hahaha. Even me I have taken your strategy and fully "provided" for KQ.. Whatever that means

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
rwitre
#888 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:26:30 PM

sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
https://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFKCN1MW1KK-OZABS

The level of leverage is significant so what we are seeking to do is to get approval to run a transaction process, aimed at disposing a subsidiary or certain assets to bring cash to reduce the debt,” Weru said.

“In the meantime we recommend that operations are continued and therefore we are also seeking permission to engage financiers for capital.”

Exactly what Paunrana was working on.

Consultants are paid millions to tell the world the obvious.

Tomorrow's paper: PwC chiefs earn Sh43,000 an hour for troubled ARM job. Get a copy of Friday's @BD_Africa
muandiwambeu
#889 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:41:56 AM

rwitre wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:

The level of leverage is significant so what we are seeking to do is to get approval to run a transaction process, aimed at disposing a subsidiary or certain assets to bring cash to reduce the debt,” Weru said.

“In the meantime we recommend that operations are continued and therefore we are also seeking permission to engage financiers for capital.”

Tomorrow's paper: PwC chiefs earn Sh43,000 an hour for troubled ARM job. Get a copy of Friday's @BD_Africa

That one will be an interesting read for @xxxx and vvs. Phew!¡
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
VituVingiSana
#890 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:54:12 AM

ARM creditors' Sh3.1bn underwater, says PwC
https://www.businessdail...22774-4suqqz/index.html

Not one of my best investing decisions but like Warren Buffett says: You can't hit every ball out of the park d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
The good thing for my portfolio is that the "Core Holdings" have more than covered my embarrassing losses! Applause Applause Applause
Lesson learnt smile
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Spikes
#891 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 4:39:50 AM

rwitre wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:

Bogus PWC chiefs masquerading as saviours as if they'll resurrect the firm from its financial troubles. Where were they hiding when the firm was going under? Nkt. ...
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#892 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 6:22:50 AM

Spikes wrote:
rwitre wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:

Bogus PWC chiefs masquerading as saviours as if they'll resurrect the firm from its financial troubles. Where were they hiding when the firm was going under? Nkt. ...

Very bogus move whose tab is being picked up by ARM

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
smitha
#893 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 9:38:33 AM

As much as the PWC fees seem high, surely they are cheaper than what the directors were getting paid?

Now seems to be a good time for Dangote to swoop and acquire the firm on the cheap. Shareholders surely will be happy to see upwards of 10 bob a share compared to what CDC paid for a share.
VituVingiSana
#894 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 9:43:53 AM

smitha wrote:
As much as the PWC fees seem high, surely they are cheaper than what the directors were getting paid?

Now seems to be a good time for Dangote to swoop and acquire the firm on the cheap. Shareholders surely will be happy to see upwards of 10 bob a share compared to what CDC paid for a share.
Except for Paunrana, the rest of the management may still be around and getting paid for twiddling their thumbs.
The "problem" is the low production due to lack of cash means it still makes an operating loss.
I am not sure what happened between CDC and the Banks but Paunrana hinted at it in an interview.
xxxxx
#895 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:27:24 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
rwitre wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:

Chief, there's nothing new that I can glean off these new events. As someone stated up there, whatever is happening is exactly what Paunrana was already doing. Always try as much as possible to get your entry price right when investing in "work-outs" You will sleep quite well at night.
Ericsson
#896 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:55:01 AM

smitha wrote:

After paying off the debts the outstanding value for ARM will be peanuts.
Don't confuse ARM value with KK
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#897 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:43:07 PM

xxxxx wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
rwitre wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:

Chief, there's nothing new that I can glean off these new events. As someone stated up there, whatever is happening is exactly what Paunrana was already doing. Always try as much as possible to get your entry price right when investing in "work-outs" You will sleep quite well at night.

BusinessDailyAfrica wrote:
Troubled ARM Cement’s administrators, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), have billed the company a total of Sh73.5 million in fees since their appointment on August 17, according to disclosures made by the advisory firm.

A PwC report on the affairs of the cement maker shows that the consultancy firm charged a fee of $650,000 (Sh65.6 million) for the first three months of their one-year mandate.
Life is short. Live passionately.
smitha
#898 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 8:45:58 AM

Anyone know whether suspension has been lifted or extended?
Ericsson
#899 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 9:23:46 AM

smitha wrote:
Anyone know whether suspension has been lifted or extended?

Forget the counter
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
smitha
#900 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 1:53:18 PM

Deliberate ploy to cripple ARM and buy it on the cheap?

https://www.tuko.co.ke/2...ses-eyebrows.html#290240