wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Wealthy Kenyans hiding 15trillion in foreign banks
capitalism
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 5:04:19 PM

@MugundaMan The Gichuru case as expected, the guys had their Cronies in Govt. And because we dont have an independent Judiciary, the Cronies used their influence to make sure Gichuru and his Partner was not extradited. Basically they put the Jersey Government in a Rigmarole till they got fed up. However this did confirm that the monies were proceeds of corruption and as a result these guys could not go and claim them at the Royal Court.

What the State of Jersey did eventually was return the monies back to the Coffers. I.e central Bank of Kenya. The funds were returned but whether they were put to good use or someone else ate them we cant know. From the Brits side, they returned the confiscated funds back to us. Their job was done.
capitalism
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 5:09:00 PM

hardwood wrote:
Even in the west the rich stash their cash in tax free havens.

Very True
Metaur
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:50:10 PM

Every rich person wants to avoid taxation as much as only possible, there is nothing wrong with that ? I bet the whole amount hidden is much more than written in that article. And that banks now have all remote access with debit cards to withdraw cash at ATMs and so on.
Milefeyk
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 11:49:39 AM

Well, I don’t think that Kenyan millionaires are doing something differently from all other millionaires from around the world. They are all seeking the ways to pay less in taxes and their expensive financial advisors are assisting them in this goal