KaunganaDoDo wrote:

The monkey will definitely die

Uchumi ilifungwa ni vumbi iko kwa shelves and a few expiring goods..The court's won't help much rent and salaries are accruing...Why is uchumi trading???ARM is better

The government and its 14% shareholding is keeping it up... plus in the last two years the government has given it 1.2 Billion in shareholder loans...This thing will not go down anytime soon...The Treasury doesn't write down or make provision for its commercial investment...if it was to go down with the shareholders loans...it would make Noise in government quarters....This thing will be babysat until its on the legs...Take this to the bank

Everything you say is true until you mention that it will not die. It will die. And they may just get more tax-payers money but it will still die. Why? They are accruing debt in guise of keeping the doors open. The money they may get will be to pay down debt (Rent, connected suppliers, thieves, salaries, genuine wanjiku suppliers in that order.)
In this tournament there is no longer extra-time, it's sudden death!

Hahaha...It has limped like a Billie Holiday on her death bed...Many times The Mortician has been called only to find the Patient Moving his eyelids... Meanwhile the fatter patients in the same Ward have gone to the Morgue... earlier

Please stop talking about uchumi death, I hold about 68k pieces but I can't sell at the moment due to the serious loss on the account, I will hold hoping for positive news on 17th, my other monkeys have stopped bleeding ie mumias and homeafrika, hii ni pressure.

17th of which month ? And what news are you counting on ?
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:03:39 PM

HaMaina wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

Uchumi ilifungwa ni vumbi iko kwa shelves and a few expiring goods..The court's won't help much rent and salaries are accruing...Why is uchumi trading???ARM is better

The government and its 14% shareholding is keeping it up... plus in the last two years the government has given it 1.2 Billion in shareholder loans...This thing will not go down anytime soon...The Treasury doesn't write down or make provision for its commercial investment...if it was to go down with the shareholders loans...it would make Noise in government quarters....This thing will be babysat until its on the legs...Take this to the bank

Everything you say is true until you mention that it will not die. It will die. And they may just get more tax-payers money but it will still die. Why? They are accruing debt in guise of keeping the doors open. The money they may get will be to pay down debt (Rent, connected suppliers, thieves, salaries, genuine wanjiku suppliers in that order.)

Hahaha...It has limped like a Billie Holiday on her death bed...Many times The Mortician has been called only to find the Patient Moving his eyelids... Meanwhile the fatter patients in the same Ward have gone to the Morgue... earlier

Please stop talking about uchumi death, I hold about 68k pieces but I can't sell at the moment due to the serious loss on the account, I will hold hoping for positive news on 17th, my other monkeys have stopped bleeding ie mumias and homeafrika, hii ni pressure.

there is a mention of the liquidation case tomorrow by githunguri dairy
#63 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:56:18 AM

HaMaina wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Uchumi-wind-up-claims-approach-Sh500-million/4003102-4811128-ywb1as/index.html

Thing are thick n this one, the winding up with 500 million claims, GoK can spit up that amount maisha iendelee
#64 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:59:35 AM

HaMaina wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Uchumi-wind-up-claims-approach-Sh500-million/4003102-4811128-ywb1as/index.html

Thing are thick n this one, the winding up with 500 million claims, GoK can spit up that amount maisha iendelee

Gone for good.This will be in the history books
KaunganaDoDo
#65 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:19:38 PM

HaMaina wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

This one is not going anywhere... Most creditors don't favour Liquidation...They know why...500M against total claims of 3.6B is not significant... They need more than 2B of creditors...which they don't have now.
#66 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:43:01 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

This one is not going anywhere... Most creditors don't favour Liquidation...They know why...500M against total claims of 3.6B is not significant... They need more than 2B of creditors...which they don't have now.

Anyone with access to historical data on uchumi? Has it ever hit the 0.7 lows of today? I actually bought some today, I don't know if I will be among the proverbial guys who are left holding the tail after all the best parts of a cow has been butchered.
#67 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:56:56 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

Anyone with access to historical data on uchumi? Has it ever hit the 0.7 lows of today? I actually bought some today, I don't know if I will be among the proverbial guys who are left holding the tail after all the best parts of a cow has been butchered.

You will be worse than the guy you describe. Yours will be a smelly tail..

HaMaina
#68 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:09:54 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

I'm with you here, also put kidogo money on this one. let me see how it plays out.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
#69 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 1:02:32 PM

#70 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 1:06:00 PM

#71 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 1:23:56 PM

Handshake manenos,each GoK entity is on it's own when it comes to agreements with another entity.

#72 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 2:05:45 PM

I'm ready to bury the monkey.. We would rather put it down

KaunganaDoDo
#73 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 3:12:25 PM

This one is not dying. Like Marcus Brutus, it will die on its own timing. After the death of Nakumatt, down with Billions in creditors money...This one will be managed till its on its feet. Shareholders will have to take pain killers....Nowonder the creditors can not raise the requisite vote.
#74 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 10:19:53 AM

Weh looking at my loss column is depressing we ere down to 0.65 this morning, another case today with management asking to be let in to the Industrial area head offices, Just wondering how safe I am with my few shillings in this thing, can treasury afford or willing to write off the loss it would incur if Uchumi was to go down? that's what I am counting on.
#75 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 10:34:00 AM

Weh looking at my loss column is depressing we ere down to 0.65 this morning, another case today with management asking to be let in to the Industrial area head offices, Just wondering how safe I am with my few shillings in this thing, can treasury afford or willing to write off the loss it would incur if Uchumi was to go down? that's what I am counting on.

the government is already struggling if you own a share which may need government bailout be very very worried
KaunganaDoDo
#76 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 10:40:06 AM

littledove wrote:

the government is already struggling if you own a share which may need government bailout be very very worried

The GoK has already escalated its position in Uchumi...1.2B in shareholders loans plus their 14% shareholding....But the biggest issue is that the GoK will stand accused of being a principal shareholder in a firm that has gone down with Creditors money...The government has "Sank With People s money"...This one is not going anywhere soon. UNLESS OTHERWISE.
#77 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 11:35:16 AM

littledove wrote:

Agreed
#78 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 10:23:10 AM

Uchumi share price very close to reaching Deacons where trading will be stopped.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 12:49:55 PM

Uchumi share price very close to reaching Deacons where trading will be stopped.

Monkeys lives extended HAPA
#80 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:34:47 AM

Now DCI allegedly has taken over the Uchumi headquarters, I hope this is to arrested,jail and recover stolen funds from kina Ciano and co. And may be saving the monkey I am sure Rotich won't let this one slip from the tree,wacha tuone, Niko 40% down on this one