wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
SportPesa IPO
hardwood
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:54:39 PM

Mujiza wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Sportpesa denies IPO rumours. Says it's fake news.

https://www.standardmedi...ares-says-sportpesa-ceo

They deliberately leak the idea to gauge public reception and if found unfavourable then shelf it as they work on their reputation.

And that's a smart move.
Mike Ock
#42 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 10:38:54 AM

mulla wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
Sports betting is not as lucrative as people think. The loss rate is the lowest out of any form of gambling. But maybe with the way sportpesa has turned people on to multibets which add risk to the gambler, their margins may be higher than usual.

It would be nice to see their financials....though I once heard Karuri say its not as rosy as people may think as they deal with alot of small payouts - whether that statement is true or it's PR - to downplay their profits to the public - can only be judged by their financials.

I'm expecting gross margins of in and around 20%. I also highly doubt the 100b revenue figure. Kina bwin and Paddy Power make such figures and they deal with punters who bet hundreds of pounds compared to the average Kenyan punter who bets hundreds of shillings. I'm expecting revenue of between 10 and 30 billion, with growth declining sharply due to competition.
Lolest!
#43 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:25:41 AM

1masha wrote:

There is a high chance their future will get worse

Yes. It will. Which is why a while back they were planning on venturing into other countries where betting isn't as muddied
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Pesa Nane
#44 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 12:14:35 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
mulla wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
Sports betting is not as lucrative as people think. The loss rate is the lowest out of any form of gambling. But maybe with the way sportpesa has turned people on to multibets which add risk to the gambler, their margins may be higher than usual.

It would be nice to see their financials....though I once heard Karuri say its not as rosy as people may think as they deal with alot of small payouts - whether that statement is true or it's PR - to downplay their profits to the public - can only be judged by their financials.

I'm expecting gross margins of in and around 20%. I also highly doubt the 100b revenue figure. Kina bwin and Paddy Power make such figures and they deal with punters who bet hundreds of pounds compared to the average Kenyan punter who bets hundreds of shillings. I'm expecting revenue of between 10 and 30 billion, with growth declining sharply due to competition.

Do a quick guess who will be your competitor (re: HAFR, URITHI and EKEZA models)
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
the deal
#45 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 5:18:06 PM

shadowinvestor
#46 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:20:24 AM

The guys will list, during the recent Finance bill, they were really pushed by the 35% revenue tax which i think affected them for a few months. They had to pay the piper-Politicians and lobbyist to push the figure down, IMHO, by listing and especially targeting wanjiku with huge allocation of the pie to retail investors who will be more than happy to buy, they avoid the tax issues, as the conversation shifts to wanjikus pocket who will make noise to protect their investment. Same reason a foreign entity gets influential local ownership
the deal
#47 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:25:13 PM

Being a betting firm owner...I can tell you that margins in Africa are sky high...gross margins of 80% because people just gamble...
nairobby
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:04:35 PM

the deal wrote:
Being a betting firm owner...I can tell you that margins in Africa are sky high...gross margins of 80% because people just gamble...

80% ???
VituVingiSana
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 5:11:42 PM

the deal wrote:
Do you own a gambling/betting firm?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
the deal
#50 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 9:37:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:

Yes I do... https://www.betzilla.co
watesh
#51 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 10:09:04 AM

the deal wrote:

No wonder betting firms dominated over 30% of the advertising spend in the past year.
mulla
#52 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 11:40:58 AM

watesh wrote:
the deal wrote:

No wonder betting firms dominated over 30% of the advertising spend in the past year.

and no wonder foreigners are rushing to get a slice of the market....idleness and poverty is slowly devouring our youth....
VituVingiSana
#53 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 3:47:33 PM

the deal wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:

Yes I do... https://www.betzilla.co
I will check it out but I am not gullible enough to be your customer Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
the deal
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2019 9:14:04 AM

Yesterday no pay outs...Dortmund...Man United...Chelsea...Barcelona killed gamblers...Sportpesa must be laughing all the way to the bank...
the deal
#55 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 2:44:21 PM

Took a hit on Tennis this week...margins have dropped to 50%....players are not withdrawing....so let's wait and see...I belive they will lose everything by Monday..still very lucrative business....
VituVingiSana
#56 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 5:43:46 PM

the deal wrote:
Took a hit on Tennis this week...margins have dropped to 50%....players are not withdrawing....so let's wait and see...I belive they will lose everything by Monday..still very lucrative business....

The adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" is apt for most of your customers.
jmbada
#57 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 3:16:05 PM

the deal wrote:
Yesterday no pay outs...Dortmund...Man United...Chelsea...Barcelona killed gamblers...Sportpesa must be laughing all the way to the bank...

Were they even operational then??hmmm
the deal
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 5:24:11 PM

We have hit a record in turnover this month with no advertising...Just social media...

1. Turnover=ZAR40,770

2. Player Payout/Withdrawal = ZAR3,500

I will keep the rest if nobody wins tonight or this weekend....

Needless to say you will never see me at the NSE again...

Applause Applause Applause
watesh
#59 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:56:38 PM

the deal wrote:
We have hit a record in turnover this month with no advertising...Just social media...

1. Turnover=ZAR40,770

NIIIIICEEE
guru me
#60 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:46:01 PM

the deal wrote:

1. Turnover=ZAR40,770

@the deal - interesting. I may have a mutually beneficial opportunity worth exploring. Please drop me a line on gurumedeals@gmail.com if interested in exploring or let me know how best we can chat offline.