wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

VOIP -Mobile termination business
lekamu
#1 Posted : Friday, May 08, 2015 9:46:38 PM

Dear informed Wazuans,

Does anyone have experience with VOIP business? What does one need to start it?

More particularly, I plan to set up the server in country A (Guaranteed fast internet and no blackouts, potential client base) and offer call termination to mobile in Kenya/ Africa at large?

Tips on affordable VOIP gateway providers?
Only Fools Have No Plan B
lochaes
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2015 1:03:55 AM

lekamu wrote:
Dear informed Wazuans,

Does anyone have experience with VOIP business? What does one need to start it?

More particularly, I plan to set up the server in country A (Guaranteed fast internet and no blackouts, potential client base) and offer call termination to mobile in Kenya/ Africa at large?

Tips on affordable VOIP gateway providers?
first check whether it is legal in the country you wish to terminate the calls as you don't want to lose your expensive equipment
whiteowl
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 4:10:16 PM

I have a friend who implemented this some years back on an experimental basis. It became so successful so he went to CCK to get authorisation to go mainstream. Instead of being issued with a license, his office was raided and hardware confiscated. That was the end of that business line so trend carefully when dealing with CCK(now CAK).
lekamu
#4 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 12:11:06 AM

whiteowl wrote:
I have a friend who implemented this some years back on an experimental basis. It became so successful so he went to CCK to get authorisation to go mainstream. Instead of being issued with a license, his office was raided and hardware confiscated. That was the end of that business line so trend carefully when dealing with CCK(now CAK).

Ouch ouch thank you for the advice. Seems to be a grey area to venture into
subzero
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:44:45 AM

there is a business called interconnection that telcos do between themselves.
telcos are paid when calls are made to their subscribers from other networks, both local and international
for example, safaricom will get paid some money when her subscribers are called from other countries.

What you call "VOIP -Mobile termination business" is actually getting a method to disguise calls from international countries and 'terminate' them to local telcos. you have probably received a calls from an international country with a hidden number or appearing to come from a local number.

local telcos will not like this and neither will CCK because you need a license to operate a 'Gateway'.

You can operate it, you will make alot of money but you will always be running and hiding from authorities
lekamu
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:00:17 PM

subzero wrote:
there is a business called interconnection that telcos do between themselves.
telcos are paid when calls are made to their subscribers from other networks, both local and international
for example, safaricom will get paid some money when her subscribers are called from other countries.

What you call "VOIP -Mobile termination business" is actually getting a method to disguise calls from international countries and 'terminate' them to local telcos. you have probably received a calls from an international country with a hidden number or appearing to come from a local number.

local telcos will not like this and neither will CCK because you need a license to operate a 'Gateway'.

You can operate it, you will make alot of money but you will always be running and hiding from authorities

Very insightful feedback.Indeed, the termination scenario you have described is exactly what I had in mind. Time to rethink my strategy
oltome
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:49:08 PM

This was on NTV business tonight, they called it sim-boxing or something like that. It is very lucrative....approx 40bn dollars a year but ilegal
lekamu
#8 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 12:19:12 AM

oltome wrote:
This was on NTV business tonight, they called it sim-boxing or something like that. It is very lucrative....approx 40bn dollars a year but ilegal

Let me wait for the Youtube upload of English news. Swahili news not having it or if someone finds the clip, please share link.

Valto
#9 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:48:20 PM

lekamu wrote:
oltome wrote:

Let me wait for the Youtube upload of English news. Swahili news not having it or if someone finds the clip, please share link.

hey, still interested in the biz? I have the equipment and ready in a location not easily traceable. I have tested it and it's working. The only thing I need is some funding in order to purchase the cards and pay off the machine. If you are willing, we can partner up and make this money.
We do what we have to do!
GSMTerm
#10 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 5:21:04 PM

Hi,if still interested in GSM Termination then contact me at email omogajc@yahoo.com
Gathige
#11 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 6:47:40 PM

GSMTerm wrote:
Hi,if still interested in GSM Termination then contact me at email omogajc@yahoo.com

@Kinoti and @Haji loading. Check
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
mawinder
#12 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 8:33:35 PM

GSMTerm wrote:

If I am in a good mood,I will have you arrested and remanded in custody if I am in my normal mood, I will give your name as a terrorist who should not be arrested but killed for the greater good of the country