wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

86 Pages«<4647484950>»
Treasury Bills and Bonds
Angelica _ann
#941 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:51:34 AM

Treasury Bills on Offer

91-DAY

Issue Number: 2287/091 Auction Date 18th October, 2018 Previous Average Interest Rate:7.594 Value Date: 22nd October 2018

182-DAY

Issue Number: 2260/182 Auction Date: 18th October 2018 :Previous Average Interest Rate 8.500 Value Dated: 22nd October 2018

364-DAY

Issue Number: 2201/364 Auction Date: 18th October 2018 Previous Average Interest Rate: 9.607 Value Dated: 22nd October,2018

This is a total squeeze by Njoro yawa!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MugundaMan
#942 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:16:50 PM

maka wrote:

That's the other issue... They really need to have a proper alternative arrangement for that... Since when you open your account... You have your ID card.... Pin.... Your bank confirms that you are it's customer etc.... Interesting bit is diaspora guys can open accounts by sending their info via email (scanned copies et al)...

Also the issue of them calling you when you are selling at the secondary market... It's not necessary...

A proper secure platform can solve all these issues... It will also reduce the turnaround trading time....

CBK is stone age my broda. I don't understand why in this age of mpesa, ejijipay, jambonet, pesapal, trading shares on the NSE online and so on, A WHOLE CBK cannot even provide simple online access to one's treasury bonds or bills account. Even CDSC is far ahead of them on this. All I get is crumpled letters in my mail from them. Some of them are many months old! And for some reason some of the cbk letters have footprints.. Yes footprints on them! And the bidding is also stone age except for diaspora who can bid via email as you pointed out. I think they still use rotary phones hapo pia because on bidding days or results days nobody picks up! Bure ghabisa!
Chaka
#943 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:32:17 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ,footprints or shoeprints?

MugundaMan wrote:

CBK is stone age my broda. I don't understand why in this age of mpesa, ejijipay, jambonet, pesapal, trading shares on the NSE online and so on, A WHOLE CBK cannot even provide simple online access to one's treasury bonds or bills account. Even CDSC is far ahead of them on this. All I get is crumpled letters in my mail from them. Some of them are many months old! And for some reason some of the cbk letters have footprints.. Yes footprints on them! And the bidding is also stone age except for diaspora who can bid via email as you pointed out. I think they still use rotary phones hapo pia because on bidding days or results days nobody picks up! Bure ghabisa!

maka
#944 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:38:50 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
maka wrote:

That's the other issue... They really need to have a proper alternative arrangement for that... Since when you open your account... You have your ID card.... Pin.... Your bank confirms that you are it's customer etc.... Interesting bit is diaspora guys can open accounts by sending their info via email (scanned copies et al)...

Also the issue of them calling you when you are selling at the secondary market... It's not necessary...

A proper secure platform can solve all these issues... It will also reduce the turnaround trading time....

Tell me about it...I never even open the letters...

They have totally refused to change, I dont know what can help them...

possunt quia posse videntur
MugundaMan
#945 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:06:40 PM

Chaka wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ,footprints or shoeprints?

ShoeprintsLaughing out loudly
Thanks for the correction. Makes you wonder if they have so much time they engage in vigorous rhumba over them in the mailing room before they send them out!
tandich
#946 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:08:58 PM

RSA Retail Savings Bonds

They don’t have to look far for good examples
MugundaMan
#947 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:09:06 PM

maka wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
maka wrote:

Tell me about it...I never even open the letters...

They have totally refused to change, I dont know what can help them...

It's unfortunate. I hope someone from CBK is reading this thread so they can tell their bosses we have been suffering for ages!
Chaka
#948 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:35:49 PM

BTW,are CBK employees allowed to participate in TBill auctions?
MugundaMan
#949 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:15:02 PM

Chaka wrote:

I would imagine so. I do not see any conflict of interest unless they sneak their bids (whether competitive or non) into the system beyond the cutoff date/time, but that would be a criminal offence IMHO
maka
#950 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:21:11 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Chaka wrote:

I would imagine so. I do not see any conflict of interest unless they sneak their bids (whether competitive or non) into the system beyond the cutoff date/time, but that would be a criminal offence IMHO

True...
AndyC
#951 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 12:18:12 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Treasury Bills on Offer

91-DAY

Issue Number: 2287/091 Auction Date 18th October, 2018 Previous Average Interest Rate:7.594 Value Date: 22nd October 2018

182-DAY

Issue Number: 2260/182 Auction Date: 18th October 2018 :Previous Average Interest Rate 8.500 Value Dated: 22nd October 2018

364-DAY

Issue Number: 2201/364 Auction Date: 18th October 2018 Previous Average Interest Rate: 9.607 Value Dated: 22nd October,2018

This is a total squeeze by Njoro yawa!!!!

I agree. SACCOs can do better than this!
Impunity
#952 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:16:59 PM

Maka, did they reopen the 15yr paper again even b4 the result of the last weeks offer is announced ?
The paper is fixed at 12.75%pa.
Pls say something
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#953 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:40:01 PM

Impunity wrote:
Maka, did they reopen the 15yr paper again even b4 the result of the last weeks offer is announced ?
The paper is fixed at 12.75%pa.
Pls say something

Results were out kitambo...

https://www.centralbank....20DATED%2022-10-2018.pdf
Angelica _ann
#954 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 12:39:47 AM

https://www.standardmedi...d-to-buy-corporate-bonds
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
gatoho
#955 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 5:20:06 AM

What happened to Infrastructure bonds? Nimeemaliza pesa nikigoja
Foresight..
MugundaMan
#956 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 8:22:21 AM

gatoho wrote:

Laughing out loudly
Cash in hand burns holes in pockets, rafiki. Ungenunua ka 1/8th in dustbowl (or many more depending on amount of cash in question) to do what I call "land banking" yaani 30% interest rates on the round trip stamp duty inclusive! I learnt anaa very good lesson about not keeping too much cash at hand. When you have investment commitments to pay for monthly it keeps one on their toes in terms of spending discipline until everything is paid off(and im not talking loans). But if the cash is just there hapo hapo relaxing in the account sooner or later it will invent a use for itself without one's knowledge!
maka
#957 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 8:50:01 AM

gatoho wrote:

Hadi next year...
Ericsson
#958 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 9:32:28 AM

maka wrote:
gatoho wrote:

Hadi next year...

Hadi 2021;
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
AndyC
#959 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 9:55:48 AM

Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
gatoho wrote:

Hadi next year...

Hadi 2021;

Last year there was one in Nov, the year before it was in 0ct. The Nov schedule from CBK is not out yet.Any proof from team 2019 or 2021?
Angelica _ann
#960 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:06:25 AM

AndyC wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
gatoho wrote:

Hadi next year...

Hadi 2021;

Last year there was one in Nov, the year before it was in 0ct. The Nov schedule from CBK is not out yet.Any proof from team 2019 or 2021?

Proof ..... Jubilee gave up on infrastructure development based on the recent budget that was forced on us.