wazua Mon, May 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Private gun ownership in Kenya is useless
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 7:11:27 AM

First of all anyone who needs a gun "for protection" must be engaging in very sinister activities that are creating enemies all over the place who want to kill him, which already tells you you are dealing with very shifty characters.

Second, I have never heard of a positive outcome regarding those with licensed guns. Every time the news breaks there is another negative incident

Mara Igathe almost getting shot by the man in the wheelchair

Then sijui CMB prezzo shooting in the air outside a nightclub causing people to scamper

Then sijui Makueni MPs trying to oust Kibwana shooting left right and centre

and most recently "Jowie bin Jowie" shooting himself in a botch suicide attempt.

The list is endless.

The worst part about it is most of these fellows are walevi (if our Kenyan drinking culture is anything to go by) and there is nothing worse than giving access to a gun to a mlevi very drunk at the bar who feels "insulted." He will dispatch you pronto to the other side!
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 8:53:45 AM

Why useless? I think it's dangerous and used as a symbol of power, show-off and intimidation; not protection.

BBI will solve it
:)
obiero
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 7:34:35 PM

2012 wrote:
Why useless? I think it's dangerous and used as a symbol of power, show-off and intimidation; not protection.

You didn't have to respond to this wild claim.. Not all licensed holders cause mayhem. Remember Westgate

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
masukuma
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 9:25:47 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

First of all anyone who needs a gun "for protection" must be engaging in very sinister activities that are creating enemies all over the place who want to kill him, which already tells you you are dealing with very shifty characters.

Second, I have never heard of a positive outcome regarding those with licensed guns. Every time the news breaks there is another negative incident

Mara Igathe almost getting shot by the man in the wheelchair

Then sijui CMB prezzo shooting in the air outside a nightclub causing people to scamper

Then sijui Makueni MPs trying to oust Kibwana shooting left right and centre

and most recently "Jowie bin Jowie" shooting himself in a botch suicide attempt.

The list is endless.

The worst part about it is most of these fellows are walevi (if our Kenyan drinking culture is anything to go by) and there is nothing worse than giving access to a gun to a mlevi very drunk at the bar who feels "insulted." He will dispatch you pronto to the other side!

Yes... since the media just keeps on telling you about the bad. Guns are deterrents... listen... if someone wants to get a gun to harm you...THEY DO AND THEY WILL. the police who are supposed to use their weapons to protect you don't... or can't... last stop ni wewe. no one is responsible for your safety... we should get guns..watu wataheshimiana... coz you know that your gun is not the only one that can kill people.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
MugundaMan
#5 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 7:57:33 PM

2012 wrote:

Exactly why it is useless. A gun doesn't make anyone safe, in fact it creates insecurity wherever it is. Look at this story:
https://www.tuko.co.ke/2...irobi-based.html#260158
And who remembers the story of that crazy AIDS medicine inventor prof who shot dead a fellow driver in a road rage incident?
Guns are bure ghabisa in a civilian setting. They should be left to the armed forces alone.
MugundaMan
#6 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 8:00:40 PM

masukuma wrote:

Yes... since the media just keeps on telling you about the bad. Guns are deterrents... listen... if someone wants to get a gun to harm you...THEY DO AND THEY WILL. the police who are supposed to use their weapons to protect you don't... or can't... last stop ni wewe. no one is responsible for your safety... we should get guns..watu wataheshimiana... coz you know that your gun is not the only one that can kill people.

@masukuma, but why on earth would anyone want to harm you if you are a law abiding church going citizen who would not hurt a fly? Mugundaman has never needed a gun his whole life because nobody has ever tried to harm him, perhaps only Double A's cyberbullets on Wazoo Laughing out loudly.
whiteowl
#7 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 8:43:12 PM

obiero wrote:
2012 wrote:

You didn't have to respond to this wild claim.. Not all licensed holders cause mayhem. Remember Westgate

This @MugandaMan sounds like a troll going the posts I've seen so far.
MugundaMan
#8 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 9:08:30 PM

whiteowl wrote:
obiero wrote:
2012 wrote:

Laughing out loudly

First I was told I was "Wukan"
then I was "Kate_Mbarire"
then I was "Rose101"
then I was "the Optiven guy"
now I'm "a troll." Laughing out loudly

What is this obsession with Mugundaman jamaneni?
Whose goat has he eaten?
Thitifini
#9 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 9:31:12 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
obiero wrote:
2012 wrote:

Laughing out loudly

First I was told I was "Wukan"
then I was "Kate_Mbarire"
then I was "Rose101"
then I was "the Optiven guy"
now I'm "a troll." Laughing out loudly

What is this obsession with Mugundaman jamaneni?
Whose goat has he eaten?

Be careful @Mugundaman. It might be the mighty team tangatanga stalkingPray Pray

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
MugundaMan
#10 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 10:02:08 PM

Thitifini wrote:
[
Be careful @Mugundaman. It might be the mighty team tangatanga stalkingPray Pray

hehehehe indeed. Wazua kuna mambo.
masukuma
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2018 10:10:18 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
masukuma wrote:

@masukuma, but why on earth would anyone want to harm you if you are a law abiding church going citizen who would not hurt a fly? Mugundaman has never needed a gun his whole life because nobody has ever tried to harm him, perhaps only Double A's cyberbullets on Wazoo Laughing out loudly.
let's use another analogy - a safety belt. Why would you need to wear one yet you drive within the speed limits. you don't drive on other people's lanes and obey all traffic laws? because you don't know who it is that is our there.

No one has attempted to harm me but... I would like to have a fighting chance when they decide to.
It's not my job to think why they would... it's my job to ensure that I increase my chances of staying alive if they ever find a legitimate or illegitimate reason of try and harm me.

Talking about safety belts made me think about cars...If we allow cars on the road why not guns? A car is a much more lethal weapon...

MugundaMan
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2018 1:39:49 PM

masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
masukuma wrote:

let's use another analogy - a safety belt. Why would you need to wear one yet you drive within the speed limits. you don't drive on other people's lanes and obey all traffic laws? because you don't know who it is that is our there.

No one has attempted to harm me but... I would like to have a fighting chance when they decide to.
It's not my job to think why they would... it's my job to ensure that I increase my chances of staying alive if they ever find a legitimate or illegitimate reason of try and harm me.

Talking about safety belts made me think about cars...If we allow cars on the road why not guns? A car is a much more lethal weapon...

But safety belts do not shoot to kill! What you are admitting to is paranoia. The feeling that "someone is out to kill me." Look at the Duke of Kabeteshire. If anyone made enemies and should have feared for his life it was him. Yet for much of the past 40 years the tumzee is seen driving himself around bila gun or bodyguard buying meat at Spring Valley bila wasi wasi wowote.
masukuma
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2018 4:57:59 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
masukuma wrote:

But safety belts do not shoot to kill! What you are admitting to is paranoia. The feeling that "someone is out to kill me." Look at the Duke of Kabeteshire. If anyone made enemies and should have feared for his life it was him. Yet for much of the past 40 years the tumzee is seen driving himself around bila gun or bodyguard buying meat at Spring Valley bila wasi wasi wowote.

and it's fine kama hutaki and you feel safe... kinda like safety belts. you are only accountable to yourself. wewe hutaki... mimi nataka... I want a fighting chance when shit hits the fan.

reminds me of an old story/parable
Quote:
“Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident.” This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another. Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me it is like the pretty, blue robin’s egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers, and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful.? For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

“Then there are the wolves,” the old war veteran said, “and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.” Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

“Then there are sheepdogs,” he went on, “and I’m a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.”

If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero’s path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed.

I don't wanna be a sheep living a life thinking everything out there is well...
MugundaMan
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:00:39 PM

soon you gun owners will be needing this. Very interesting. The only thing to fear is fear itself my brodas