Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<5678>
Hellios Billions from Equity Bank to buy Telkom kenya
VituVingiSana
#121 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 5:39:30 PM

whiteowl wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Home security with CCTVs and sending all this to a monitoring center may be a good profit center for Safaricom. Hooking up with G4S for a fast response makes it more attractive.

This can be rolled out to both residential and commercial buildings.

would never ever trust safaricom with my home video footages. that would be idiocy on crack

I can't even trust them with meagre airtime amounts!
I did not realize there was so much hate for Safaricom! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Superprime1
#122 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 5:51:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Home security with CCTVs and sending all this to a monitoring center may be a good profit center for Safaricom. Hooking up with G4S for a fast response makes it more attractive.

would never ever trust safaricom with my home video footages. that would be idiocy on crack

I did not realize there was so much hate for Safaricom! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I've terminated my post-paid subscription with this monster after more than five years; no longer getting value for the money. That's in addition to ceasing buying data from it since the beginning of the year; and it's been great elsewhere, except for lack of strong coverage away from Nairobi.

Revolution is coming!
Ericsson
#123 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 6:00:53 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I've terminated my post-paid subscription with this monster after more than five years; no longer getting value for the money. That's in addition to ceasing buying data from it since the beginning of the year; and it's been great elsewhere, except for lack of strong coverage away from Nairobi.

Revolution is coming!

And coverage away from Nairobi is what Safaricom is focusing it's strength
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#124 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:06:49 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Revolution is coming!

Telkom has liquidity like you can't imagine. A war chest of note via Helios

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#125 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:50:11 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Revolution is coming!

Sad that Hellios aren't in Telkom kenya for the long haul.
In less than 5 years they will be bolting out.
That will give safaricom an upper hand
obiero
#126 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:58:37 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Revolution is coming!

Sad that Hellios aren't in Telkom kenya for the long haul.
In less than 5 years they will be bolting out.
That will give safaricom an upper hand

They will not be able to exit without a significant return

VituVingiSana
#127 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 8:26:59 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Revolution is coming!
I use Faiba4G since most of my data usage is within "urban" Nairobi/Mombasa.
For the occasional out of town use, I use Saf/Airtel. Huge savings. I bought the modem for 5,600 but save over 2k/month as a moderate user. I renew 25Gb bundles for 1k as needed.

If Faiba4G dies then I am glad there are many options eg Telkom/Airtel/Saf.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
rwitre
#128 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:15:43 PM

Telkom Kenya to send home 500 employees

Quote:
Telkom Kenya has announced plans to send home 500 employees under a redundancy plan.

In a statement to newsrooms, the company says it has issued a thirty day notice to the Labour Ministry.

This means that the staff will exit the company by end of November.

Two weeks ago, in an interview with Citizen Television, the company denied any plans for retrenchment.

“Our engagement with Mckinsey is purely on how to improve our performance and market. Nothing about letting go of staff,” CEO Aldo Mareuse insisted
Ericsson
#129 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:26:09 PM

rwitre wrote:
Telkom Kenya to send home 500 employees

Quote:
Telkom Kenya has announced plans to send home 500 employees under a redundancy plan.

In a statement to newsrooms, the company says it has issued a thirty day notice to the Labour Ministry.

This means that the staff will exit the company by end of November.

Two weeks ago, in an interview with Citizen Television, the company denied any plans for retrenchment.

“Our engagement with Mckinsey is purely on how to improve our performance and market. Nothing about letting go of staff,” CEO Aldo Mareuse insisted

https://techweez.com/201...to-retrench-500-workers/
obiero
#130 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:00:55 PM

Ericsson
#131 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:07:57 PM

obiero wrote:

The permanent staff to be affected in the restructuring plan are EITHER to seek contractual terms with Career Directions Limited(CDL) that currently manages(outsourced) Telkom Kenya's HR aspect of sales and marketing OR retire
Mastermind
#132 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:36:25 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

The permanent staff to be affected in the restructuring plan are EITHER to seek contractual terms with Career Directions Limited(CDL) that currently manages(outsourced) Telkom Kenya's HR aspect of sales and marketing OR retire

Their contract won't be renewed. Whats the name of the other company- The one that handles Rift and Nyanza?

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Metch
#133 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:17:06 PM

Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Their contract won't be renewed. Whats the name of the other company- The one that handles Rift and Nyanza?

Giving employees crap deals. When it's not Telkom it's Airtel. Yet Safaricom is at +5000 employees and counting. This is what happens when u rely too much on pricing as a strategy. No margins to speak of leaving everyone naked
Can't wait to see what the new strategy is. The old on was to complain about dominance, borrow from government and price themselves out of margins. Bullisht!
Start!
tony stark
#134 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:06:41 PM

Metch wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Giving employees crap deals. When it's not Telkom it's Airtel. Yet Safaricom is at +5000 employees and counting. This is what happens when u rely too much on pricing as a strategy. No margins to speak of leaving everyone naked
Can't wait to see what the new strategy is. The old on was to complain about dominance, borrow from government and price themselves out of margins. Bullisht!

Also affects office culture and ethos. Contractors are mercenaries and have zero loyalty to the company so will be difficult to get ideas bubbling from the rank and file!
This is a mess!
Ericsson
#135 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 11:02:05 AM

https://www.businessdail...43138-r5rwj2/index.html

Telecommunications firm Telkom has uploaded a health app for diabetes and hypertensive patients in a bid to diversify its revenue streams.

Telkom will share revenue generated from the app with healthcare solutions provider Baobab Circle.

Previously available only through a smartphone application that has registered 5,500 users, the Afya Pap mobile service will now be accessible to Telkom subscribers who enrol at Sh4 per day through a USSD application and text messages.

The income will be split between the two partners, with Telkom Kenya bagging 60 per cent.

Through the service, patients suffering from diabetes and hypertension can direct questions to a team of doctors and health professionals, receive personalised health tips to manage their conditions and monitor their blood sugar and blood pressure readings.
Ericsson
#136 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 3:15:16 PM

Telkom Kenya CEO Aldo Mareuse out;
To be replaced with Mugo Kibati
Ericsson
#137 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 4:13:17 PM

https://www.capitalfm.co...mugo-kibati-its-new-ceo/
Ericsson
#138 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 9:18:43 PM

Telkom Kenya gets $40mn loan from European investment bank to expand 3G and 4G coverage and fiber to the building
obiero
#139 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 6:29:49 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Telkom Kenya gets $40mn loan from European investment bank to expand 3G and 4G coverage and fiber to the building

Safaricom should be a little worried

Ericsson
#140 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 8:54:56 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Safaricom should be a little worried

Safaricom can weather the storm,Airtel are the ones whose days may be numbered.