wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages«<1011121314>»
Kenya Re - 2018 and beyond
VituVingiSana
#221 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:58:25 PM

the deal wrote:
Slowly but it's coming back to the old days of 10 Bob Applause Applause Applause

Applause Applause Applause Given that #BringMwaraniaBack worked, this would be a great price to buy more KenRe. Drool Drool Drool
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#222 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:28:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:
Slowly but it's coming back to the old days of 10 Bob Applause Applause Applause

On the contrary its heading towards 20

It bounced off 16 bob with heavy volume. The journey to 20 will lose steam at 18 because of the general bearish sentiment.

When market recovers, expect 37 per my analysis above.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#223 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 9:37:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

It bounced off 16 bob with heavy volume. The journey to 20 will lose steam at 18 because of the general bearish sentiment.

I don't recall selling a single KenRe share in the recent past. As long as the management is decent (not even spectacular) I am content to wait.
4/- EPS on 16/- = 25% which is a great ROI compared to most other NSE firms.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#224 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11:07:36 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

I wait patiently to see if it comes to pass
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#225 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:17:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

I don't recall selling a single KenRe share in the recent past. As long as the management is decent (not even spectacular) I am content to wait.

Warren Buffet birthday 🎂 is tomorrow
the deal
#226 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:35:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

Someone is defending the 16 Bob handle diligently...once it breaks this GoK firm will find itself at 14.50...signs of mismanagement are all over...huge H1 2018 profit drop...then interesting things will happen after that...look at the fall from 23 to 16....we patiently wait to board at low lower prices Applause Applause Applause
Ebenyo
#227 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:02:30 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

Happy birthday Warren Buffet!
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#228 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:47:10 PM

The company is preparing to load huge chunks of safaricom and kcb shares to boost investment income
Ericsson
#229 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 9:49:31 AM

Safaricom and kcb are the top two income earners and dividend payout
Ericsson
#230 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 12:21:47 PM

https://www.businessdail...278-14krf0uz/index.html

Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re) says concern by American rating agency A.M. Best over its enterprise risk management—in the face of expected business growth and increasingly sophisticated competition—is being addressed.
“What we are doing is to address each of those issues raised,” said chief executive officer Jadiah Mwarania at a press briefing on the company’s results.

“Some of them could be environmental based on the country’s ratings.”

Mr Mwarania said Kenya Re officials are set to meet A.M. Best officials to address the concern.

“We are having a meeting with A.M. Best in September. We also took opportunity of visiting them in London to see what it is they are looking for,” said Mr Mwarania.

“While I hold a different personal opinion when I look at the fundamentals of Kenya Re but AM Best said, and so we accepted and we addressed the issues they raised,” he said.
Kenya Re is also engaging Johannesburg ratings agency GCR which early last month placed its national scale claims paying ability rating of AA(KE) and international scale claims paying ability rating of BB “under review”.

“While the ratings are expiring today (August 1), GCR is currently engaging with the rated entity and expects to update the current ratings and publicly release them by the end of September 2018,” said the GCR on August 1 without divulging additional information.
Ericsson
#231 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:51:51 AM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/Kenya-Re-says-addressing-rating-agencies-concerns/3815534-4751278-14krf0uz/index.html

Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re) says concern by American rating agency A.M. Best over its enterprise risk management—in the face of expected business growth and increasingly sophisticated competition—is being addressed.
“What we are doing is to address each of those issues raised,” said chief executive officer Jadiah Mwarania at a press briefing on the company’s results.

Mr Mwarania said Kenya Re officials are set to meet A.M. Best officials to address the concern.

“We are having a meeting with A.M. Best in September. We also took opportunity of visiting them in London to see what it is they are looking for,” said Mr Mwarania.

“While I hold a different personal opinion when I look at the fundamentals of Kenya Re but AM Best said, and so we accepted and we addressed the issues they raised,” he said.
Kenya Re is also engaging Johannesburg ratings agency GCR which early last month placed its national scale claims paying ability rating of AA(KE) and international scale claims paying ability rating of BB “under review”.

“While the ratings are expiring today (August 1), GCR is currently engaging with the rated entity and expects to update the current ratings and publicly release them by the end of September 2018,” said the GCR on August 1 without divulging additional information.

https://www.businessdail...69864-l88uru/index.html
obiero
#232 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:15:08 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/Kenya-Re-says-addressing-rating-agencies-concerns/3815534-4751278-14krf0uz/index.html

Kizungu mingi! The guy has to travel to London to understand a report? Kenya Re is in trouble and the action of the share price shows it

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#233 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:22:32 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Kizungu mingi! The guy has to travel to London to understand a report? Kenya Re is in trouble and the action of the share price shows it

VituVingiSana
#234 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 8:56:31 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
1) Do Sebastian and MJ travel to Paris/Amsterdam to meet with their superiors?
2) He (& the team) is going to have a discussion or to make additional queries in person. It might be akin to a training course where they could/should learn which areas need improvement.
3) His job is to worry about performance of the firm and sustainability of profits NOT the share price.

I hope KenRe uses airlines that provide Value for Money. I hear BA has good deals for flights to London. Applause Applause Applause
shocks
#235 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:07:03 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum

Huge investments in GOK securities.

Everyone has massive GOK securities... God forbid....

Indeed, the state holds too much of corporate assets. If GOK defaults...

Difficult,they just increase taxes to get the money đź’µ

More like print cash and let the shilling devalue
obiero
#236 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:23:43 PM

shocks wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum

Huge investments in GOK securities.

Everyone has massive GOK securities... God forbid....

Indeed, the state holds too much of corporate assets. If GOK defaults...

Difficult,they just increase taxes to get the money đź’µ

More like print cash and let the shilling devalue

Dry share.. Had it in 2006 at KES 15.. Twelve years later it's still there, no spike, no nothing.. Just board room drama

VituVingiSana
#237 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 7:03:55 AM

Kenya Re 2006 15/-
Kenya Re 2018 18.70/- (1:6 Bonus in 2012)
Annual Dividends (2012-2018 = 3.60)

KQ 2006 120/- (Pre-consolidation)
KQ 2018 1.75 (Not a typo; pre-consolidation)
Dividends ZERO (2012-2018)

The "expected FY 2018" dividend from Kenya Re is KES 0.85 which is 50% of what pre-consolidation KQ trades at! Drool Drool Drool
sparkly
#238 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 10:25:35 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenya Re 2006 15/-

The "expected FY 2018" dividend from Kenya Re is KES 0.85 which is 50% of what pre-consolidation KQ trades at! Drool Drool Drool

Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#239 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 10:57:16 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenya Re 2006 15/-

85 cents was also paid out in FY2017 results.
2018 they may hike it to 90 cents or ksh.1
the deal
#240 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 12:49:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenya Re 2006 15/-

85 cents was also paid out in FY2017 results.
2018 they may hike it to 90 cents or ksh.1

Expect no dividend hike here instead FY2018 will be a disaster!