Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<34567>»
Eye on I&M ...
VituVingiSana
#81 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 11:38:52 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
At 14.2% NPL being highest in tier 1 banks.. I am worried about I&M

Most of it is loans to fellow Indian companies.
Start expecting (some) NPL reversals in 3Q 2018 as borrowers cashflows start improving or payoffs from sales of assets start taking place.
How much of the NPLs are attributable to KQ? Sadly, this is a lost cause. The loans to KQ should be provisioned 100% and then cross their fingers.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#82 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 7:20:17 PM

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#83 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 1:22:38 AM

Yes! Share prices are down across the board.
A good time to load up on good, profitable firms.
Banks will release 3Q results in 4-9 weeks.

obiero wrote:
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#84 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 12:27:32 PM

FY 2018 Interim Dividend of KES 3.90 announced on 31 Dec 2018 payable in March 2019
@pesa8 please help out
Yliett
#85 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 11:42:14 AM

This is new information for me. Thank you for sharing this. I am learning to pick up the right stock. I record your information in my book and checking in my chart.
Superprime1
#86 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 10:05:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
FY 2018 Interim Dividend of KES 3.90 announced on 31 Dec 2018 payable in March 2019
@pesa8 please help out

How come this interim div hasn't excited this counter much, even with the fact that it'll probably issue a bigger final div...?
Superprime1
#87 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:28:40 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@pesa8 please help out

How come this interim div hasn't excited this counter much, even with the fact that it'll probably issue a bigger final div...?

Books close tomorrow for interim dividend; if nothing has changed.
Superprime1
#88 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:22:17 AM

No final dividend but the interim Sh3.90 was higher than the previous year's final of Sh3.50.

The 1:1 bonus issue is more than a sweetener.

What say you @VVS?
VituVingiSana
#89 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:56:05 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
No final dividend but the interim Sh3.90 was higher than the previous year's final of Sh3.50.

The 1:1 bonus issue is more than a sweetener.

What say you @VVS?
Applause Applause Applause
Bonus adds little value but the PAT growth is sweet.
obiero
#90 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 9:02:23 AM

Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...43774-f0mfhiz/index.html

VituVingiSana
#91 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 9:29:31 AM

obiero wrote:

The last kicks of a dying horse. Watu wa Othaya walipe deni. Laughing out loudly

Dr. Opus doesn't want upus!
At the heart of the crisis are the tough policy directives issued by Dr Njoroge, which demand banks to aggressively pursue defaulters to keep the financial books clean.
https://www.standardmedi...-over-heads-of-the-rich
Dr. Opus does not believe in forgiveness of debts or mercy on defaulters. He has told the banks to whip the defaulters. I&M is back in court on 19th June to follow the orders sent on from high.
obiero
#92 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 9:53:21 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

The last kicks of a dying horse. Watu wa Othaya walipe deni. Laughing out loudly

At the heart of the crisis are the tough policy directives issued by Dr Njoroge, which demand banks to aggressively pursue defaulters to keep the financial books clean.
Dr. Opus does not believe in forgiveness of debts or mercy on defaulters. He has told the banks to whip the defaulters. I&M is back in court on 19th June to follow the orders sent on from high.

We will celebrate other people's auctions until the hammer turns on us.. No sane man places three properties as collateral with intent to default. The two men have failed the economy

sparkly
#93 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 10:22:21 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

We will celebrate other people's auctions until the hammer turns on us.. No sane man places three properties as collateral with intent to default. The two men have failed the economy

Bank takes money from depositors, lends the depositors money to borrowers.

It is the bank's obligation to protect depositors' money by auctioning security if debtor default. If the bank shirks that responsibility, we end up with another Chase, Imperial and NBK.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#94 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 10:54:32 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

It is the bank's obligation to protect depositors' money by auctioning security if debtor default. If the bank shirks that responsibility, we end up with another Chase, Imperial and NBK.

No one disputes the need to repay obligations but the question here is whether the economy is allowing profitable trade in any sector apart from Finance and Financial Services

Ericsson
#95 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 10:56:49 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

No one disputes the need to repay obligations but the question here is whether the economy is allowing profitable trade in any sector apart from Finance and Financial Services

@obiero
Watu hawaelewi hii maneno, credit is the pillar to an economy.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#96 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:00:56 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

@obiero
Watu hawaelewi hii maneno, credit is the pillar to an economy.

@ericsson it's sad. one sector is draining the life out of society, people are going insane, families are retrogressing

sparkly
#97 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:07:43 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

If you can't repay, don't borrow.
obiero
#98 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:15:00 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

If you are in business or ever run your own hustle you wouldn't write such a statement. Plus why would a bank lend to someone who has no repayment ability? I'm telling you that the system is working against Kenyans

Ericsson
#99 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:15:04 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Economy will grind to a halt.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#100 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 11:57:11 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

If you are in business or ever run your own hustle you wouldn't write such a statement. Plus why would a bank lend to someone who has no repayment ability? I'm telling you that the system is working against Kenyans

I am not the author of capitalism @Obiero. I just state the obvious. If you borrow and can't repay, your security will be attached and sold. Banks, auctioneers, liquidators and corporate scavengers make money during business downturns. More money is made from war than from peace. Capitalism is a jungle, every gazelle trying to outrun the fastest lion and every lion trying to outrun the slowest gazelle. Ni kubaya my fren.