obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
@maka, JFK now stands at 80,000 confirmed bookings?

Balala says!

https://youtu.be/uM9vPgCZfqM

That is a decent number.. Point to note being 143,576 is the highest number of annual arrivals to Kenya by US nationals. Add to that intra Africa connections and the jackpot has been hit. Meanwhile, Ngunze is assisting us to follow up with some of the lost funds https://www.businessdail...5748-7u42gcz/index.html

What is Ngunze helping with? Such funds should not have been lost if Ngunze and Alex were capable managers.

It is totally incompetence on the part of the management. He was busy stealing through the fuel guarantees and the junior employees deviced a way to steal through forex exchange.

Boss I can assure you that the number is nowhere near 80k....Take that from me... Next week proper go slow from the Captains... Sebastian has refused to hear them out on the issue of employing SAA pilots but I am cool with that those guys earn almost 65% of the entire salary cost... Mean people.... More losses loading...MJ is New York for a series of meetings.

One of the best stocks right now

Deacons,Sameer,Home AFrika,Uchumi

This is another big mess in the offing. KQ will never post a profit soon.How many pilots have been hired from SAA?KALPA wanted only Kenyans to be hired?

@maka, Shed more light on this.

These Kenyan monkey pilots don't mean well for KQ. They are a significant cause of the losses via their constant wrangles. Like a woman with loose morals, they are forever restless

The issue is not the SA pilots. KQ wants to hire Kenyan pilots on contract and Kalpa insists that locals should be hired out on permanent basis. Expatriate can always come and go as expansion needs desire but locals should not be on contract. Otherwise it will reach a level where like cabin crew you have two people doing the same job but enjoying different terms.
maka
#10723 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 7:31:02 PM

del
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#10724 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 7:46:34 PM

maka wrote:

maka
#10725 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 8:11:43 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:

With this rant...Lol...So so so mad...Weekend Njema...

VituVingiSana
#10726 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 8:46:11 PM

The agony of flying in Africa http://www.sunrise.ug/op...of-flying-in-africa.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#10727 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 6:48:57 AM

[quote=VituVingiSana]The agony of flying in Africa http://www.sunrise.ug/op...f-flying-in-africa.html[/quote]
I have talked severally here that the key to revival of kq will be increase in passenger numbers in double digits which then translates to Increase in revenue.
This will come as a result of good/excellent service
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#10728 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 8:36:57 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I have talked severally here that the key to revival of kq will be increase in passenger numbers in double digits which then translates to Increase in revenue.

You are right. And I believe that the numbers shall be achieved.. The customer experience in term of OTP and the inflight is improving as per various views on social media. Whether KQ serves expired food is something I leave for @maka @arresteddev to opine, but it seems false to me

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
maka
#10729 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 10:12:31 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

You are right. And I believe that the numbers shall be achieved.. The customer experience in term of OTP and the inflight is improving as per various views on social media. Whether KQ serves expired food is something I leave for @maka @arresteddev to opine, but it seems false to me

Hiyo on expired food I totally disagree... I have flown countless times with them never have I had any issue with food... Zilch... Actually in the recent past there has only been 1 case where someone complained about food poisoning... On Customer care (experience) that team is weak.... pathetically weak... @Obiero look at the story of Weston on Twitter no one has responded so it looks like KQ takes passengers to Weston because they are forced... rather than because they have offered the e best weekly rate... These guys never communicate and never seem bothered... That's the part I agree that some people don't have the best interest of the airline at heart.... They need to be weeded out... The other day UKs flight was a shambles they left like 13 passengers because of lack of communication... The Manager in charge had gone home while Sebastian was on ground...How do you even explain that...
obiero
#10730 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 11:42:42 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Hiyo on expired food I totally disagree... I have flown countless times with them never have I had any issue with food... Zilch... Actually in the recent past there has only been 1 case where someone complained about food poisoning... On Customer care (experience) that team is weak.... pathetically weak... @Obiero look at the story of Weston on Twitter no one has responded so it looks like KQ takes passengers to Weston because they are forced... rather than because they have offered the e best weekly rate... These guys never communicate and never seem bothered... That's the part I agree that some people don't have the best interest of the airline at heart.... They need to be weeded out... The other day UKs flight was a shambles they left like 13 passengers because of lack of communication... The Manager in charge had gone home while Sebastian was on ground...How do you even explain that...

That Weston story is plausible and regrettable. But the guy has even brought down other entities like KPLC and KEGN via similar tactics of coercion. Actually the fight against corruption is leading up to a big bust.. All the other chases are a mere charade, in anticipation of the final goal. As for the complacent KQ staff, I pity their fate because anyone who has worked with MJ knows that he takes no prisoners. But I have never experienced a KQ/JJ boarding whereby the allocated seat was already taken.. That too seems fictional..

ArrestedDev
#10731 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 4:39:35 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

@maka, this is another very good initiative to free up full revenue tickets.

Do you know how many ex-KQ people work for Qatar? When Doh-Nbo is full during peak season they book Doh-Dar then use this benefit to book Dar-Nbo sector on KQ.

Thumbs up to whoever mooted this amendment!
ArrestedDev
#10732 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 4:49:06 PM

[quote=VituVingiSana]The agony of flying in Africa http://www.sunrise.ug/op...f-flying-in-africa.html[/quote]

@VVS, this is 2016, delays are part and parcel of the Aviation sector. Regional routes bears the brunt as the pilot to operate the flight may have delayed from another flight.

Some of these people writing may not be frequent flyers.

For KQ, with a reduced fleet it means a delay is imminent when an aircraft meant to operate a route encounters a technical hitch.
maka
#10733 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 6:17:31 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

Do you know how many ex-KQ people work for Qatar? When Doh-Nbo is full during peak season they book Doh-Dar then use this benefit to book Dar-Nbo sector on KQ.

You can only fly when there are empty seats...You cannot bump off a full fare paying passenger... So it beats logic.
obiero
#10734 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 7:26:05 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

You can only fly when there are empty seats...You cannot bump off a full fare paying passenger... So it beats logic.

It doesn't beat logic since that joyrider could actually be a paying passenger. Think about it

ArrestedDev
#10735 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2018 5:33:06 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:

Analysis of such tickets must have been done over given period of time and findings showed a substantial amount of money.

If such tickets can be translated into revenue tickets then it can boost revenue in general.

They did not look only at the availability of seats i.e. normally booked when seats are available.

Misuse of such tickets must have been found out from the analysis. For instance, past vetting of family members may not have been strict enough.
the deal
#10736 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2018 11:21:21 AM

As KQ management is busy with sideshows... ET is going for KQ's jugular... ET is forming JV's with African governments... KQ management needs to wake up... I see focus is now on America's... But Africa is KQ's most lucrative market... Africa is home!
sparkly
#10737 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2018 12:27:37 PM

This KQ thread diverged from investment to general banter a long time ago. In fact the thread has nothing to offer in the way of Investment advice. Admin should move the thread to Club SK.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#10738 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2018 3:49:18 PM

sparkly wrote:
This KQ thread diverged from investment to general banter a long time ago. In fact the thread has nothing to offer in the way of Investment advice. Admin should move the thread to Club SK.

Feelings.. Banter as so called is offered by investors some of whom have a bird's eye view on KQ operations. In the end, buying or selling of stocks is all about information and there is an abundance of it here courtesy of @whiteowl @maka @arresteddev @vvs

Impunity
#10739 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2018 7:46:32 PM

sparkly wrote:

Nditto.Precisely!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#10740 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 8:33:44 AM

Impunity wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Nditto.Precisely!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I rem a while back guys were talking about Nakumatt.... Per your words most of the stories would have come across as "general banter" ....Ummmh how did that end?smile