wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Uhuru park explosion
Dash
#41 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:56:00 PM

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
@much know....finally some sensible talk. We should all be outraged by the henious crime yet people are still bickering yes-no. Its just not right...Again i ask have we become so immune to Kenyans dying that we do not care anymore?? Are we waiting for our loved ones to be affected?
nostoppingthis
#42 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 1:23:18 PM

I hear guys wengine who were voting "yes" have now switched to "no"...that beats logic since the referendum is about issues. But this is proof that sympathy votes ziko, but at the expense of life...completely unacceptable.

Thougt RAO alikuwa world cup? to see him at KNH!!Applause
funnyguy
#43 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 1:25:05 PM

This begs the question; is Kenya ready for a referendum or any polls for that matter? I believe that we should focus on national cohesion and healing first. Why the rush?! Does the new constitution change the hearts and minds of men? I doubt it. It is not time to blame YES or NO camps, rather it is time to reflect on what our priorities are and where we're heading as a nation.
Soko tele
#44 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 1:26:20 PM

Its very immoral for anyone to Legitimize the killing by mere assertions of the violence being stage managed. Those behind the killings of innocent Kenyans should be brought to book and I pray that the just God we serve will expose all of them.
The act doesn’t make me any more of a No person than I was before the incidence and similarly for those in Yes camp. I mourn for my country.
Soko tele
#45 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 1:31:21 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
I hear guys wengine who were voting "yes" have now switched to "no"...that beats logic since the referendum is about issues. But this is proof that sympathy votes ziko, but at the expense of life...completely unacceptable.

Thougt RAO alikuwa world cup? to see him at KNH!!Applause

Thats very cheap.........

I am sure if you were among the victims or any of your relative was what would be in your mind now is how you will take care of hospital bills plus you will be in serious pain as opposed of thinking whether you are still in NO/YES camp.

nanfor1
#46 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 1:53:36 PM

No one in the NO team can willfully kill Kenyans.

No one in the Yes team can willfully kill Kenyans.

what happened was an act of terrorism on Kenyans. It should be spit upon with the worst venom.

We simply cannot let those who would kill Kenyans take advantage of such situations.

Even though we argue to no end about the destiny of this country, we cannot allow ourselves to be used as political score cards.

I am watching any politician who tries to use this as an advantage in their campaigns. So far I have Ruto and Anyang Nyongo comments which are utterly detestable.

Let all Kenyans unite against terrorists and stop this game of naming your political foes as killers.

There is one killer here and it is whoever planned and executed a heinous crime against Kenyans.
Hata wakizima taa
Fundaah
#47 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:01:43 PM

I hope the planners and executors of this heinous act are caught and face the whole force of law....

We cannot afford to be a country of bad news all the time......

Exodus 21:24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Leviticus 24:20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him.

Deuteronomy 19:21 "Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot'.

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
sky5
#48 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:15:35 PM

It is unlikely that any one/group will claim responsibility for such blatant, cowardly, barbaric and heinous crime. It is unlikely the police will nail the culprits unless someone volunteers the information leading to their arrests. Revenge will not help either. Violence begets more violence. Violence is a sign of the worst case of diplomatic failure.

At this time it is only proper to mourn with those who are mourning and stand with them in prayers. The tragic loss of their loved ones was unwarranted and no finger-pointing and blame game can heal the wounds infflicted on them. Again our condolences to the affected.
Wa_ithaka
#49 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:39:47 PM

RIP for those passed and pole kwa familia zao.
Time to bring back hanging by the googlies for the culprits and their financiers...
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
nostoppingthis
#50 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:47:43 PM

Thats very cheap.........

I am sure if you were among the victims or any of your relative was what would be in your mind now is how you will take care of hospital bills plus you will be in serious pain as opposed of thinking whether you are still in NO/YES camp.

@ Soko tele...you missed the point i was making by a riverShame on you , kindly try to understand. It is true, it doesn't matter which side of the divide you stand, whether YES/NO hence i indicated that the killings are "unacceptable"

[/quote]
kamau@capitalcredit.co.ke
#51 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:53:38 PM

hi anew member of sk ,hope to benefit fro the forum.i think we should wait for the police to do their investigations, and void speculations , i hope they will do a good job.
Amurabi.
#52 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:57:00 PM

This is sad infact i lack words. @ Callaspade and Nanfor i concur with you.
Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away.
Robinhood
#53 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 4:51:31 PM

@Much know,

Very much agree that it's depraved thinking to blame the victim. I today heard someone saying that the no supporters should never have gone to the rally for their safety. Someone has said on this forum that the no people should never have stayed that late at the rally. Whatever happened to freedom of assembly/association? Ati because so and so stands to benefit from the tragedy then they are responsible for it. God help this country.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
doubtfire
#54 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 6:30:00 PM

the question we should all ask ourselves,what do you gain by killing you brother,sister,father,mother,children.one word Nothing. you will only carry that pain for the rest of your life.kenyans lets keep peace whether you are no or yes kikuyu or kisii

masukuma
#55 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 9:48:48 PM

this will hurt the country...that is both YES and NO, we had a chance to do some 'civil' campaigns and show the world what we are made of...only that we chose to 'escalate' our primitivity by some idiots choosing to do this damage even before elections - last time it was after elections. Regardless of apportioning blame, this will hurt both YES and NO (the country) after the august 4th referendum in a way both the changes being campaigned by the YES team or those being wanted bu the NO team wont help.
Do not think that this is a loss for the opposing side - its your loss just as much. You are part of the primitive Kenyans that the International community sees this actions a being part of.
SO APPORTION ALL THE BLAME YOU WANT, SMELL FISH OR RATS TO YOUR DELIGHT - REGARDLESS THE TOURISTS WON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
TOURISTS WILL NOT VISIT 'YES' AREAS NOR 'NO'. The world sees Kenya and right now...Kenya Looks Baaaaaddd!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
callaspade
#56 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:03:51 AM

..we have a security situation in this country that will make life not so pleasing in the coming years if left unchecked; as it is happening now.
....lets face it,people are being carjacked and shot in this country(including in the villages) like never before.
I know it sounds like a broken record to all of us but we have to start thinking of the future.
...Much as we focus on unemployment,we must also slow down the movement of arms.We need to arrest the arm traffickers and fast.Please dont tell me about peace in neighbouring countries and long borders.we have to live with that,so in within our borders,we must take preventive measures.
.....Investigative journalism has so far failed in this aspect.We all hear rumours where arms are traded in this nation.For the young robbers who shoot daily,they need to buy more bullets.Cant this govt have informers???cant they monitor the flow of goods in areas known to have links to terrorists???
....you can choose to label me what you want,but if we sit and sip tea or beer,tomorrow it may not taste the same.This is reality.Gun crime is spiralling.
...lets not just sit back and accept that it is normal, because my dear fellow citizens,it is actually abnormal.
I have said before,i would rather die standing than live on my knees.
....the citizens of this nation must stand and be counted.We must speak up!
I have started.

extrablessed
#57 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:27:08 PM

Its really sad that Kenyan's have to die in the name of katiba... iko kusema watu nakufa kwa stampede...Let the intolerant cowards who cannot respect other pples' views know that Kenyans are strong and will pull through the thick smoke...Kenya hapana Mogadishu ama Bosnia...

God Bless Kenya...God help Kenya
Rahatupu
#58 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:33:32 PM

@Sky5, I think the longer we allow ourselves to continue living in this fear of "polarised, war etc" the more we hold ourselves hostage. Great nations are made of how they overcome such challenges, not avoiding them. There is no day will ever have this thing called "win-win vote". Like any other contest let it be settled at the ballot box, we have a government that has the means and resources to protect, uphold the rule of law as per the constitution. Subversion is a serious crime and its enforcement is imperative as such times when the security of the state is at stake. Leadership is clearly needed, to show there are limits to "rights, freedoms" in as far as they are abused to create disharmony, breed violence, and civil strife. Those abdicating their responsibility should be hold answerable.