wazua Fri, Sep 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

773 Pages«<533534535536537>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#10681 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 3:25:37 PM

While we are busy discussing 5m per month salaries...

Ethiopian Airlines has announced that it has commenced twice weekly freighter service to Bogota, Colombia as of August 29, 2018. The cargo service departs from Zaragoza (Spain) and will fly to Bogota with a stopover in Miami, using the B777-Freigther.
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#10682 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 3:30:29 PM

maka wrote:

Ethiopian Airlines has announced that it has commenced twice weekly freighter service to Bogota, Colombia as of August 29, 2018. The cargo service departs from Zaragoza (Spain) and will fly to Bogota with a stopover in Miami, using the B777-Freigther.

Cargo service to Colombia Think Think sounds slippery, sorry powdery Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#10683 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 3:33:32 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
I like the confidence of wazua pseudo airline CEO giving guidance to an established CEO of 20 years experience, being Sebastian Mikosz the redeemer.. Its almost comical. As @maka states its all about fuel efficiency on the Dreamliner. But meanwhile all focus is on the KAA tie up.. This will personally impact me. KES 30 is my projection but at KES 22, I can take a bow

Sebastian is more of a tour agent... smile Told you Yves was the best guy for that job... Massive cancelations in the offing cockpit crew not happy....

Matusi tafadhali please uwache.. That guy has pedigree

Between Sebastian and Yves I would go for Yves any day....the corporate siasa at KQ would have never let him flourish... A quick 411...MJ detests Sebastian... Your supposed knight in shining armour sleeps in USD 800 per night hotel rooms...flouted KQ procurement procedure by circumventing supply chain to get himself a 2018 VX...got his Polish buddies a fat 5m per month EACH pay cheque..."consultants" my arse who are basically implementing what McKinsey came up with...Anyway like VVS I do really wish KQ all the best....smile

Hizi drama za kq, sitawacha @choirleader and the enturage mouth dry. Na mifuko wazi.

More about KLM sabotaging KQ...Why would KQ take in a 60 year old Ex Station Manager (highest post he has held at the airline after working for 41 years) from KLM to be Director Ground Services makes no sense at all.... In the meanwhile KQ lets the likes of Thomas Omondi who was Head of Strategy move to Centum...

But this Omondi never made any meaningful/serious decisions within the Commercial Department when he was appointed by Ngunze. It is only when Vincent Coste arrived , serious decisions were taken.

Its tough making decisions in that company.... Every justification you bring gets declined by those KLM wazungus my friend... Kwanza like now all justifications land at Jan's desk... He simply writes DECLINED.

I know and complained when this guy was appointed. He is holding brief for KLM.

The pilots need to go on strike to force all this guys out.

KQ will not turn a profit if it cannot compete and it will force changes very soon. MJ will also realise there is something wrong.

Still wondering how JFK was introduced without this guy declining?

Was a positioning flight flown to JFK for Operations to determine the payload or they are using existing data?

The havent flown anything huko apart from the fat SebastianLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Il confirm that lakinismile

We will wait for akina Alai and Nyakundi to come at tell us this same things wait and see... In the meanwhile losses loading...

@maka appears to have it in for SM. USD 800 per night at a hotel seems not true, like not in Kenya anyway

Boss that guy is always out of the country going for functions kila mahali...Mbuvi an d TN(though a thief) used to stay in the same contracted hotels that crew stay but not Sebastian...Told you so many times make someone from Supply chain your buddy ul know the company you are investing in... Lets wait for the results.

@Obiero, this is correct. A five star hotel in NewYork is USD 800.

This is a well travelled character who knows how to use Company funds.

It seems we need another CEO then. Coming soon as there is no profit at the end of the year.

If spending USD 800 per night to connect with the right people in New York is needed, then let it be so. With KQ revenue exceeding KES 135B per annum we can cover such a hotel cost. Meanwhile his travels are needed so as to scout on routing and competition. Tusikonde juu ya vitu vidogo

This is NOT PRUDENT at all for a loss making Airline. I hope the pilots down the tools again to force further leadership changes in KQ especially the removal of the KLM old men.

@maka, did the Polish consultants left?

Wako...

With KES 5 million each per month?

@Obiero - Do you see there is no prudence at all?

@arresteddev you mean that the total hotel bill for a month on the one guy was KES 5m? that definitely is not good

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#10684 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 4:49:36 PM

maka wrote:

Very lucrative business. KQ does not have even a single serious freighter.

KQ will never compete with Ethiopian again.
ArrestedDev
#10685 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 4:51:41 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
I like the confidence of wazua pseudo airline CEO giving guidance to an established CEO of 20 years experience, being Sebastian Mikosz the redeemer.. Its almost comical. As @maka states its all about fuel efficiency on the Dreamliner. But meanwhile all focus is on the KAA tie up.. This will personally impact me. KES 30 is my projection but at KES 22, I can take a bow

Sebastian is more of a tour agent... smile Told you Yves was the best guy for that job... Massive cancelations in the offing cockpit crew not happy....

Between Sebastian and Yves I would go for Yves any day....the corporate siasa at KQ would have never let him flourish... A quick 411...MJ detests Sebastian... Your supposed knight in shining armour sleeps in USD 800 per night hotel rooms...flouted KQ procurement procedure by circumventing supply chain to get himself a 2018 VX...got his Polish buddies a fat 5m per month EACH pay cheque..."consultants" my arse who are basically implementing what McKinsey came up with...Anyway like VVS I do really wish KQ all the best....smile

Hizi drama za kq, sitawacha @choirleader and the enturage mouth dry. Na mifuko wazi.

More about KLM sabotaging KQ...Why would KQ take in a 60 year old Ex Station Manager (highest post he has held at the airline after working for 41 years) from KLM to be Director Ground Services makes no sense at all.... In the meanwhile KQ lets the likes of Thomas Omondi who was Head of Strategy move to Centum...

But this Omondi never made any meaningful/serious decisions within the Commercial Department when he was appointed by Ngunze. It is only when Vincent Coste arrived , serious decisions were taken.

Its tough making decisions in that company.... Every justification you bring gets declined by those KLM wazungus my friend... Kwanza like now all justifications land at Jan's desk... He simply writes DECLINED.

KQ will not turn a profit if it cannot compete and it will force changes very soon. MJ will also realise there is something wrong.

Was a positioning flight flown to JFK for Operations to determine the payload or they are using existing data?

The havent flown anything huko apart from the fat SebastianLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

We will wait for akina Alai and Nyakundi to come at tell us this same things wait and see... In the meanwhile losses loading...

@maka appears to have it in for SM. USD 800 per night at a hotel seems not true, like not in Kenya anyway

Boss that guy is always out of the country going for functions kila mahali...Mbuvi an d TN(though a thief) used to stay in the same contracted hotels that crew stay but not Sebastian...Told you so many times make someone from Supply chain your buddy ul know the company you are investing in... Lets wait for the results.

It seems we need another CEO then. Coming soon as there is no profit at the end of the year.

If spending USD 800 per night to connect with the right people in New York is needed, then let it be so. With KQ revenue exceeding KES 135B per annum we can cover such a hotel cost. Meanwhile his travels are needed so as to scout on routing and competition. Tusikonde juu ya vitu vidogo

This is NOT PRUDENT at all for a loss making Airline. I hope the pilots down the tools again to force further leadership changes in KQ especially the removal of the KLM old men.

Wako...

@arresteddev you mean that the total hotel bill for a month on the one guy was KES 5m? that definitely is not good

Each Polish consultant pockets KES 5m per month.
ArrestedDev
#10686 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 6:24:07 PM

@maka, which KQ flight was cancellled on Sunday and what was the reason?
muandiwambeu
#10687 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 6:40:00 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:

Wako...

Each Polish consultant pockets KES 5m per month.

@obiero, do you have an explanation to justify this? Come online pliiz
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
maka
#10688 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 7:23:42 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:

Several...KQ512, KQ554 downgraded ... KQ704...Lack of cockpit crew.
obiero
#10689 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 8:17:14 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

KQ704 was on your tab.. You fail to take off and then anika Sebastian for USD 800... Captain bana

maka
#10690 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 10:05:32 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

KQ704 was on your tab.. You fail to take off and then anika Sebastian for USD 800... Captain bana

Acha siasa...
maka
#10691 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 10:21:50 PM

Ethiopian Airlines and the government of Chad have signed an agreement to launch Chad’s new national carrier on October 1, officials said on Friday. Ethiopia’s State-owned flag carrier is in talks with a number of African states to acquire stakes and manage operations - a strategy aimed at gaining a competitive advantage against rivals such as those in the Gulf.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedi...lines-to-launch-carrier

KQ used to go to N'djamena....
obiero
#10692 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 10:42:05 PM

maka wrote:
Ethiopian Airlines and the government of Chad have signed an agreement to launch Chad’s new national carrier on October 1, officials said on Friday. Ethiopia’s State-owned flag carrier is in talks with a number of African states to acquire stakes and manage operations - a strategy aimed at gaining a competitive advantage against rivals such as those in the Gulf.

Ethiopian must be careful.. They should learn from KQ about pitfalls of rapid expansion

VituVingiSana
#10693 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 11:57:41 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Ethiopian must be careful.. They should learn from KQ about pitfalls of rapid expansion
Wachana na Ethiopian. How much is KQ losing per month?
My neighborhood kiosk has made more money every year than KQ has since 2012.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#10694 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 3:56:17 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Does your neighborhood kiosk even maintain a P&L for you to utter such

muandiwambeu
#10695 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 7:21:15 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Lifestyle audit is enough justification. The neighborhoor has changed lanes, increased the family members et Al. Thus a good sign of positive cashflows, and the rest is history.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
VituVingiSana
#10696 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 8:26:21 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Yes.
And it has expanded [unless SANY visits] over the years.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#10697 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 9:11:58 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Which a/c type is seriously affected? Is it 738?

Are there pilots on training i.e. through AB initio or everything was affected by the cuts to spending?
Ericsson
#10698 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 10:26:26 AM

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/09/06/kenya-airways-plan-to-run-jkia-shelved_c1814005

The proposed Kenya Airways and Kenya Airport Authority merger is not coming soon.

KAA managing director Jonny Andersen said nothing conclusive has so far come out of the discussions.

In June, the Cabinet in a policy statement said the planned merger was part of the financial restructuring plan to save the listed national carrier from collapsing.

It was also expected to reposition and model the airline's operations along that of its main rival Ethiopian Airlines which runs Addis Ababa's Bole International airport.

The public-private partnership was expected to be signed this month, and would have seen Kenya Airways take over all the staff and operations of the KAA in order to expand the range of its services to include ground handling, maintenance, catering, warehousing and cargo.

“The government gave us the proposal to see how the agreement would save KQ and increase operations within JKIA, but this has not resulted to any possible conclusions. Therefore, the merger should not be expected anytime soon,” Andersen said during the launch of Aviation Business Excellence Award in Nairobi.

The Cabinet's policy document dubbed ‘Project Simba’ pointed out that the the Sh75 billion bailout programme by the government was insufficient to resolve KQ's problems, hence the need to have the airline operate under a comprehensive national aviation policy.

Andersen said KAA has resorted to take a different approach to improve customer experience and monitor quality of services across all boards.

KAA will now employ a business assessment tool to evaluate stakeholders in airlines, ground handling companies, immigration department, retail and duty-free shops, eateries, cargo firms, ground transport and financial institutions on their service delivery to customers.

This follows a mandatory training to all JKIA staff ordered by CS Fred Matiang’i in January.

“The training was not enough. We need to coordinate all stakeholders to raise the standards of their services to gain an extensive recognition of JKIA as the best in East Africa and in the region,” he said.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#10699 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 11:12:04 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Are there pilots on training i.e. through AB initio or everything was affected by the cuts to spending?

Yes mostly the 738s but it's because the pilots wanted to pass a message to Sebastian...

Ab initio was stopped kitambo Sana... There is even an opening currently (direct entry) for pilots as we speak...
VituVingiSana
#10700 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 11:20:30 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Yes mostly the 738s but it's because the pilots wanted to pass a message to Sebastian...

Ab initio was stopped kitambo Sana... There is even an opening currently (direct entry) for pilots as we speak...

IMHO, GoK should let KQ die and stop subsidizing KQ's employees and creditors. Let all those pesky pilots, crew and staff join the unemployed. Let them go to Dubai or Doha or Addis.