wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Making serious money from 1/8th of an acre
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:29:11 AM

Who said 1/8th of an acre is a useless investment?
I remember this article some years back where this guy claimed with boldness that 1/8th is a "dead investment" and some misguided people actually believed him Laughing out loudly

Wapi?

People are making serious money from even less than an eighth doing all sorts of things.

For example,

1) You could strawberry farm

2) You could zero graze 33 cows on it and make so much money from milk you will have to plead with your wife to spend faster.

3) You could grow tomatoes and make decent money

or if you are an agriculture wizard like this smart and hardworking kamzee in the video below, you could literally grow everything and make more money than someone with 5 acres in the village who grows maize.

The list is endless. And I haven't even mentioned the benefits that accrue from developing the plot.

Whenever I see someone say in this here our land of opportunity that a plot (of any size) is useless, I just shake my head in both amazement and amusement.
Mujiza
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 3:37:09 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Who said 1/8th of an acre is a useless investment?
I remember this article some years back where this guy claimed with boldness that 1/8th is a "dead investment" and some misguided people actually believed him Laughing out loudly

Wapi?

People are making serious money from even less than an eighth doing all sorts of things.

For example,

1) You could strawberry farm

2) You could zero graze 33 cows on it and make so much money from milk you will have to plead with your wife to spend faster.

3) You could grow tomatoes and make decent money

or if you are an agriculture wizard like this smart and hardworking kamzee in the video below, you could literally grow everything and make more money than someone with 5 acres in the village who grows maize.

The list is endless. And I haven't even mentioned the benefits that accrue from developing the plot.

Whenever I see someone say in this here our land of opportunity that a plot (of any size) is useless, I just shake my head in both amazement and amusement.

I have a plot at one project of Optiven Kenya. Let me tell you I really really regret buying that.
Maybe I should do something with that plot to earn some money to stop all this regret.
The problem is that it is in the middle of nowhere.
Chaka
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 4:06:18 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ,I like number 2..
Chaka
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 4:32:10 PM

Tinga?
Mujiza wrote:

I have a plot at one project of Optiven Kenya. Let me tell you I really really regret buying that.
Maybe I should do something with that plot to earn some money to stop all this regret.

Mujiza
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 5:22:51 PM

Chaka wrote:
Tinga?
Mujiza wrote:

I'm not sure I know what you mean
MugundaMan
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 7:24:53 PM

Chaka wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ,I like number 2..

DroolDrool
MugundaMan
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 7:29:10 PM

Mujiza wrote:

Optiven Acacia/ any of the Victory Gardens? If yes, please sell it to me now braddah you do not know what you are sitting on! All of Optiven's plots are seriously serviced including murram roads, perimeter fence, gate, landscaping/trees, water power and caretaker!
Mujiza
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 7:56:47 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:

Optiven Acacia/ any of the Victory Gardens? If yes, please sell it to me now braddah you do not know what you are sitting on! All of Optiven's plots are seriously serviced including murram roads, perimeter fence, gate, landscaping/trees, water power and caretaker!

No is not Victory gardens. It's those along Namanga road. Very remote area. Sheikina gardens they call it.
MugundaMan
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 8:06:43 PM

Mujiza wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:

No is not Victory gardens. It's those along Namanga road. Very remote area. Sheikina gardens they call it.

Hata hiyo siyo mbaya boss. Didn't you see how Atwoli has a plush diggz and farm in Ilbissil hukooo in the middle of nowhere near Namanga as well. These days there is no place too far in Kenya. Guys are buying in Lodwar, Marsabit, Isiolo, Mailua, Elangata Wuas and beyond. With Jubilee Big 4 in place angusharing tarmack roads like a bad smell all these areas are guaranteed to boom in value as soon as infrastructure touches them. You are in on the ground floor, hang in there bro.
Conquestador
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 10:00:42 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:

Hata hiyo siyo mbaya boss. Didn't you see how Atwoli has a plush diggz and farm in Ilbissil hukooo in the middle of nowhere near Namanga as well. These days there is no place too far in Kenya. Guys are buying in Lodwar, Marsabit, Isiolo, Mailua, Elangata Wuas and beyond. With Jubilee Big 4 in place angusharing tarmack roads like a bad smell all these areas are guaranteed to boom in value as soon as infrastructure touches them. You are in on the ground floor, hang in there bro.

Surely?? What a pitch? People have graduated from bypass inapita hapa and Daystar is building here to AtwoliLaughing out loudly

Land is opium for petite bourgeoisie. Our children will wonder why we never invested in intellectual property. We'd rather put up cheap flats and buy 1/8 acres instead of investing in energy least cost routing software. Africa yawa!!
MugundaMan
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 1:47:37 AM

Conquestador wrote:

Surely?? What a pitch? People have graduated from bypass inapita hapa and Daystar is building here to AtwoliLaughing out loudly

Land is opium for petite bourgeoisie. Our children will wonder why we never invested in intellectual property. We'd rather put up cheap flats and buy 1/8 acres instead of investing in energy least cost routing software. Africa yawa!!

he he he he, you sound like a communist. Are you one?
And how do you suppose you will invest in your intellectual property? Midway in the sky? Laughing out loudly Land is numero uno factor of production. Even Microsoft HQ with all its patents needs to sit on a piece of land ama? :)
hardwood
#12 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 10:07:21 AM

Mujiza wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:

Have seen their website. Plot is 80km from nairobi in the middle of the kajiado bush. I think its only the plot sellers who are making money coz they buy the bush at 500k per acre then subdivide and sell at 750k (price on their website). NB 1 acre produces 7 plots za 50x100, thus they make a profit of 4.5m per acre as you are left holding the bush. I advocate buying land but not in the middle of nowhere. Better to buy the kaploti in naivasha which is also about 80km from the city, and more developed.

Chaka
#13 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 11:50:18 AM

How far from tarmack?
Mujiza wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:

MugundaMan
#14 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 11:53:55 AM

hardwood wrote:
Mujiza wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:

Have seen their website. Plot is 80km from nairobi in the middle of the kajiado bush. I think its only the plot sellers who are making money coz they buy the bush at 500k per acre then subdivide and sell at 750k (price on their website). NB 1 acre produces 7 plots za 50x100, thus they make a profit of 4.5m per acre as you are left holding the bush. I advocate buying land but not in the middle of nowhere. Better to buy the kaploti in naivasha which is also about 80km from the city, and more developed.

Hardwood,

To quote our good friend Wukan to each their own and let everyone stay in their lane. That is YOUR strategy above. Others have their own strategy. You say the only people that make money are the subdividers. Where is the evidence of this? Ask anyone who bought a sacco plot ANYWHERE in the 1990s and early 2000s whether they made money (either from resale or capital improvements) and you will find your statement is in gross error. Naivasha is also a nice area to invest, but has its own dynamics including pricing and so on that differs greatly from dustbowl.

Also, real estate investment anywhere in Kenya has its benefits. If Mugundaman decides to buy 100 acres in the middle of Mailua surrounded by elephants, you can't say that it's a "bad" investment based on your own personal preferences and strategies. For example, to you it might look like a terrible investment but perhaps he has some knowledge and insight that you may not have.

-Perhaps he wants to turn it into a tortoise sanctuary and charge tourists good money to see it

- Or farm cactus and sell bottled cactus juice to Chandarana, as I saw plot owners in Laikipia doing locally

- Or start an estate for devotees of Indian Yoga from all over the world

-Or a free boarding school for children of remandees with strict focus on metalworking

- Or pull an atwoli and build an expansive manse and ranch to keep a concubine very happy there (not my style though)

- Or farm acacia trees because he enjoys climbing them for no good reason

- Or fence it and breed rats just for the fun of it.

- Or perhaps he knows there is undiscovered oil or rubies deep below.

Bottom line one cannot say a real estate investment done with due diligence and with proper title in hand is "bad" without giving some credible evidence, especially on the specifics as mentioned above. And those hidden specifics cannot be known let alone discussed on anonymous online forums like wazoo IMHO.
Mujiza
#15 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 10:32:23 PM

hardwood wrote:
Mujiza wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Mujiza wrote:

I was caught up in FOMO when I bought this plot of land. It's not a total loss but I have some regrets especially now that I know that land costs very little money in Laikipia.
In the investments game sometimes you put money in hard to retrieve places and this is one of those times
MugundaMan
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 6:11:21 PM

Smart man.

- 120k on slightly over a 1/4 acre greenhouse size

- No need for fertiliser as the the system is self sustaining

- No need to pay for power as solar and biogas from the system powers everything

- High quality organic produce that is in high demand and no need to transport as buyers come to gate

- Low labour costs. One technician can run the entire thing

These are the youngsters that will build the prosperous Kenya of the future Not those sitting at home all day crying the sky is falling on Kenya's head while sipping sturungi, watching TV and falling asleep to wake up and do it all over again.

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu
napthungxebantai
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:48:00 PM

I like it differently.
MugundaMan
#18 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 3:38:25 AM

This lady is a genius! Makes one want to run to their farm at 3 am to start implementing these ideas immediately! Those cost savings on feed are a huge competitive advantage that can be leveraged into serious moolah.